• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Destroyers Vs Wraiths

... FWIW the Thunderbird might be an even more interesting choice. Very close distance with more control and even more comfortable grip.

While you're at at, OP consider a teebird as an even more interesting choice. Very close distance with more control and even more comfortable grip.

...in fact, for that matter OP consider a Roc as an even more interesting choice. Very close distance with more control and even more comfortable grip.

...come to think of it, OP consider an Aviar as an even more interesting choice. Very close distance with more control and even more comfortable grip.

...actually, OP consider a Polecat as an even more interesting choice. Very close distance with more control and even more comfortable grip.

;)

I throw wraiths for FH D, and star in 166-170g seems to be the goldilocks zone for me. Haven't tried new penned runs.

I picked up a glow Z in like 172g and that thing is wants to find the ground, and fast. Know that if you go down the path of the wraith I anticipate you could find something plenty OS in a production run if need be.

Should the OP also consider a Wraith in 400G and Neutron? How about in X-Link Medium Glow? ;)

IconLOL.gif

I picked up a glow Z in like 172g and that thing is wants to find the ground, and fast. Know that if you go down the path of the wraith I anticipate you could find something plenty OS in a production run if need be.

That's why I think Wraiths are kinda like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I picked up a lightly used champion glow anticipating it to be on the OS side. It's actually pretty middle of the road, about a -1/2 turn/fade. Probably gonna use it to replace my seasoned E-star as my primary distance driver.

Patent # E-star Wraiths are money for me. I found a couple used and picked up a few from DGC not long ago. Of course I saw one listed on ebay for $50 last week, smh....

So what do you guys think the most Destroyer-like Wraith is? I bag one destroyer for long shots that need to fade left hard, and then I bag all Wraiths. My most overstable Wraith (pfn Echo Star) is not quite enough to get the shot I get with that destroyer..
My problem is, I find the Wraith to be much more comfortable in the hand, so I'd love to find a Wraith that flies like a fresh Destroyer.

Wraiths and Destroyers are a crapshoot trying to figure out how they fly. You can look at them and analyze all day, but to really know what you've got you'll have to throw it. I'm reluctant to say which types/runs of star Wraiths and Destroyers are under/over stable. You end up generalizing too much and I've figured out with Destroyers you can't do that.

One thing I CAN say is that the champion Destroyer is massive beef. Every one of them I've thrown was nasty overstable.

So what do you guys think the most Destroyer-like Wraith is? I bag one destroyer for long shots that need to fade left hard, and then I bag all Wraiths. My most overstable Wraith (pfn Echo Star) is not quite enough to get the shot I get with that destroyer..
My problem is, I find the Wraith to be much more comfortable in the hand, so I'd love to find a Wraith that flies like a fresh Destroyer.

Your best bet is to take a stable Wraith to the store and compare PLH.

In limited sample size, I did find the Discmania s-line DD to be a bit more overstable Wraith.

I am starting to think I'll end my "buy every driver made" phase soon. When I do, I think I will build a Wraith heavy lineup. The one beat PFN I have is such a joy to throw. Unfortunately, I have other stuff that is better for specific uses, so it never gets any throws. OTOH, if i were told I could only carry one disc over speed 7, it would be that one.