• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW area courses

dreadlock86

course bagger
Diamond level trusted reviewer
i just moved to denton, TX. are there any "must play" courses in the dallas/ft. worth area?

thanks dudes.

Denton's cool. They make biodiesel to fuel their city trucks from the energy produced by methane gas that they extract from their landfill.

I am in Louisiana, but I can give you my wish list for the area. Z-Boaz, Veterans park, Lake Lewisville, Lester Lorche,Bear Creek, Towne Lake. Most of these are subs outside of Dallas. I still consider it the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area.

coming from denton then go to Lake Lewisville for sure. Very nice course along the lake and can even jump in if that texas heat is to much for. ( to hot for me so i moved to CO). Also theres a very short 9 hole in the colony, nicely maintained but very short. Towne Lake and Alex Clark in Mckinney are very awesome courses. I lived 5 min from those two so thats where i was at. Allen and Plano both have decent courses. Allen be ready for some water tho. I believe 9 has a 300ft shot over water.

have fun

I am in Louisiana, but I can give you my wish list for the area. Z-Boaz, Veterans park, Lake Lewisville, Lester Lorche,Bear Creek, Towne Lake. Most of these are subs outside of Dallas. I still consider it the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area.

YOu definately got the right wish list there. I have played all of these and you can't go wrong with any of them. Those are awesome courses and not quite sure what else I could recomend for you. Enjoy your time in Texas, there are awesome courses all over the state!

Most of the Denton guys drive to Lewisville Lake Park to play. It is also one of my favorites. The only park that beer is allowed (no glass).

McKinney is almost an hour drive from Denton but would be worth your time to go play a few rounds at both courses. They have ample shade and are about a mile apart.

Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill is a DFW must play. Two awesome course on a nature preserve. Other than a few fisherman it is a disc golf only park.

Veterans and Z-Boaz are great Fort Worth courses but from my limited experience with them and what I have heard they are overrun with rude casual golfers. The few times I've played either one we had a few groups backed up on the first tee. Nobody has ever been rude to me though.

Bear Creek in Grapevine is a nice course with two tees per hole and they moved the baskets around sometimes. Problems with the neighborhood the park is in has resulted in heavy police traffic. I've been told at it's worst a cop would hide in the bushes on the course.

Fritz is a great 9 hole courses. The best 9 holer I've played.

All these course have a great local crew if you play the weekly mini's.

Lots of great choices. I would add Bicentennial in Crowley. 20 holes and about to expand with 3 tees.

Most of the Denton guys drive to Lewisville Lake Park to play. It is also one of my favorites. The only park that beer is allowed (no glass).

McKinney is almost an hour drive from Denton but would be worth your time to go play a few rounds at both courses. They have ample shade and are about a mile apart.

Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill is a DFW must play. Two awesome course on a nature preserve. Other than a few fisherman it is a disc golf only park.

Veterans and Z-Boaz are great Fort Worth courses but from my limited experience with them and what I have heard they are overrun with rude casual golfers. The few times I've played either one we had a few groups backed up on the first tee. Nobody has ever been rude to me though.

Bear Creek in Grapevine is a nice course with two tees per hole and they moved the baskets around sometimes. Problems with the neighborhood the park is in has resulted in heavy police traffic. I've been told at it's worst a cop would hide in the bushes on the course.

Fritz is a great 9 hole courses. The best 9 holer I've played.

All these course have a great local crew if you play the weekly mini's.

Do you ride a bike, geez Mckinney's only bout 25 miles from Denton

Do you ride a bike, geez Mckinney's only bout 25 miles from Denton

From North Lake in Denton to Towne Lake in McKinney is 33 miles. I havn't made that drive in the last few years. I remember it having a lot of traffic lights. So 45 minutes.

And I second Rockwall as one of the best courses in DFW. If you make the drive to Rockwall, Audubohn is worth playing while in the area. Like the vet and Crowley, I would wait for it to get under 90 deg.

Its not that bad....heard yall tied the knot? Congrats!!

My top courses in DFdub in order:

Rockwall
Cedar Hill
Zboaz
Crowley
Townlake
Veterans
Lake Lewisville
Haltom City
Fritz Park
Bear Creek
Carrolton courses
Gateway

My top courses in DFdub in order:

Rockwall
Cedar Hill
Zboaz
Crowley
Townlake
Veterans
Lake Lewisville
Haltom City
Fritz Park
Bear Creek
Carrolton courses
Gateway
almost all are on my wish list. Can any of you Texas golfers tell me which of these courses are hard to navigate? Thanks:D

almost all are on my wish list. Can any of you Texas golfers tell me which of these courses are hard to navigate? Thanks:D

Rockwall, easy, signs all over the course
Cedar Hill, The beaver is easy, coyote can be confusing, just make sure you are playing in order before you tee.
Zboaz, easy
Crowley, easy
Townlake, very easy
Veterans, difficult,
Lake Lewisville, signs by each basket pointing to the next tee
Haltom City, don't know
Fritz Park, easy, map at kiosk
Bear Creek, can be tricky, after 13? it has a walk back thru the parking lot
Carrolton courses, easy... i havn't seen greenbelt minus the extra baskes though
Gateway, pain in the neck

I might be wrong about some of this, I've never actually read a sign at a disc golf course around here.

My home course Veterans currently has 20yr old signs that are apparently not very helpful, although we have a plan to finance these and a group of guys in charge of this project. the important thing to remember is the first hole is on top of the hill, up the sidewalk from the south parking lot. i think it is all navigatable for the most part but i notice people get lost trying to find hole 8. So after hole 7 continue north up the trail that leads you over a creek with a nifty boy scout built bridge and you will come out on top of 8's teebox.

Zboaz, i dont think they have tee signs, but like it has been pointed out you will almost always have someone to follow or join up with.

Crowley has a good map online i think, there is one at the kiosk, tee signs? i dont think so

Rockwall, John Houck, nuff said

Cedar Hill has signs and i think its fairly easy to navigate, but there are two courses that run next to each other so print a map just in case.

I dont know, i guess take maps for all of them. :D Better yet i know there are plenty of unemployed DFW golfers on this site so find a tour guide:D

Latest posts