• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

New Course In Bedford

Any info on the course in Bedford at the Boys Ranch? I heard Funkytown had something to do with it but I would like to find out as much info as I can. I have had several people ask at the Monday mini and wanted to had some good info.

Any info on the course in Bedford at the Boys Ranch? I heard Funkytown had something to do with it but I would like to find out as much info as I can. I have had several people ask at the Monday mini and wanted to had some good info.

I know that they have a lot of money to spend for the park in general and they want them to do it right.

I don't know the super specifics but they are supposedly in "Phase 1" right now for the course. There will be 18 holes, legit teepads, legit baskets. From what I hear it is going to be a somewhat short but technical course and there is a lot of potential. The guy I know that is involved has been prospecting this place for a while and seems pretty excited about the whole thing.

Last edited:
I know that they have a lot of money to spend for the park in general and they want them to do it right.

I don't know the super specifics but they are supposedly in "Phase 1" right now for the course. There will be 18 holes, legit teepads, legit baskets. From what I hear it is going to be a somewhat short but technical course and there is a lot of potential. The guy I know that is involved has been prospecting this place for a while and seems pretty excited about the whole thing.

Sweet! 10 miles from the house, would be great to have another 'quick play' option nearby instead of just Bear Creek.

Sweet! 10 miles from the house, would be great to have another 'quick play' option nearby instead of just Bear Creek.

Will be nice...maybe it will absorb some of the Bear Creek traffic. Everytime I go up there that place is slammed.

I played the "new" designed Saddle Hills course on Saturday morning. Being wet from rain the previous day, round one was pretty tough with slick areas leading to the creek crossings and up some of the hills. By the second round (about 1:30pm) the course had dried up considerably. Something to consider for post rainy day course selection.

It's not a whole lot different than it was. Yes, there are some new holes on the back nine and concrete tees throughout, but it's basically the same course. (the new hole 14 is pretty awesome). That's not a bad thing, I like Saddle Hills.

I am wondering if the tees are going to be "finished"? In their present condition, they're 6 inches to a foot higher than the ground around them (all the way around them). As an old guy that fears injury immensely, I was timid on the tee for fear of "falling off stage".

That said, I had a great time on the new design and so did the two guys that joined me for the rounds. AClay reviewed the course (he was one of the guys) and gave it four discs. For fun of play, I agree with him. For overall review, I'd be much more critical of the course due to it being a place to be very careful playing, lack of navigation aids, lack of bridges, etc.

I'm assuming the course is still "under construction", so I'm going to wait to review it, if I get around to reviewing it at all... I pretty much agree with aclay and don't want to waste the time of those looking for info by repeating his review.

Crushed rock around the tees would be the biggest improvement that could be made. Even with all the rain, we found ways across the creek and down soggy fairways. All in all, a good time on a good course. Thanks for all the hard work guys, it made the 50 mile trip from my house worth it.

They put the video up from our tournament in Keene. We had a pretty awesome quadcopter pilot there.

I'll try posting it from a different source link, the last one was from a mobile device.

Edit: OK, the previous video only plays on mobile devices, this one seems to work on both computers and mobile. If that don't work for you, just go here.

Last edited:
Course looks likes in great shape! The tee pads look nice, I may have to take another trip down there, I went right after the baskets were installed before the pads. The water level looks high now too.

Looks pretty legit! I hope I can make it over there soon...been a while since I have ventured off to a new course.

Went to Saddle Hills this morning to play a round, basket to new hole 14 is missing, please tell me someone didnt swipe it.
The day we played there it was missing the first round, but was there the second round. I have no idea who maintains them, but it probably wasn't stolen. The person that takes care of the course might have it for some reason.

The day we played there it was missing the first round, but was there the second round. I have no idea who maintains them, but it probably wasn't stolen. The person that takes care of the course might have it for some reason.

We have been using our own baskets during the events but technically we don't have one for that hole yet. The city supposedly ordered one and they said it was on back-order or something...seems unlikely but possible I guess. As soon as it comes in, there will be a permanent basket there.

Does anyone know if lake lewisville is open this weekend? Last thing I heard two days ago was all parks were closed

There were some photos on the DFW Facebook page from yesterday. Somebody was playing the course. I assume the parks open, but not for sure.

The lake course is flooded. The road by hole 17s pin is a river.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lp17.jpg
    lp17.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 63
We played the Lake Lewisville course last week and it was barely playable. Since the lake has risen another 4 feet, there's no way you could play #7 and probably couldn't play #3 either.

Latest posts