• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I was talking about the Cedar Hill mini. Having two minis that close at the same time is not ideal at all. I already saw someone in this post saying they would be going to the crossroads mini instead of the Cedar Hill mini.

Isn't the Cedar Hill short tees mini normally on Thursday evenings, and just on Sunday afternoons during the winter when it gets dark too soon to have it on Thursdays?

Now that the time has changed, and sunset is getting later and later, I expect they will be moving it back to Thursday evenings soon. Does anyone know when/if that will happen? When that happens, no more conflict with X-roads.

BTW, we went out to Xroads after the Cedar Hill mini today and played the front. I surprised myself by parring the first 4 holes. We met the course director on hole 5 as they were finishing up the mini, and I asked him if they took trees out or something. ;)

Isn't the Cedar Hill short tees mini normally on Thursday evenings, and just on Sunday afternoons during the winter when it gets dark too soon to have it on Thursdays?

Now that the time has changed, and sunset is getting later and later, I expect they will be moving it back to Thursday evenings soon. Does anyone know when/if that will happen? When that happens, no more conflict with X-roads.

BTW, we went out to Xroads after the Cedar Hill mini today and played the front. I surprised myself by parring the first 4 holes. We met the course director on hole 5 as they were finishing up the mini, and I asked him if they took trees out or something. ;)

The Cedar Hill mini isn't moving back to Thursdays, we have a nice following and most of the crowd can't make it on Thursdays.

Giles. Just curious. Which holes? Any idea what species? I played TL for over 3 years and have only seen 1 snake in the creek by hole 8.

Giles. Just curious. Which holes? Any idea what species? I played TL for over 3 years and have only seen 1 snake in the creek by hole 8.

it was dusk and we couldn't figure out what they were. Bother were around the 7-12 area. They also like 15, thought it seems like they are everywhere.

The sign at the preserve next to Lorch Parks says, in part, "All snakes are beneficial". I think that means that you don't have to kill any snake you see, even if it is poisonous.

Ahhh man! The snakes and tornados are everywhere there and I'm coming.

This may be a long shot, but here goes.

I left a Champion blue Destroyer in the middle of the fairway on hole 6 at LL Woods today. Second throw I completely forgot about. There was a group of 3 behind me that round, hopefully with some luck one of them found it and is on these forums. Name, phone number, and PDGA# on the back. Normally not a huge deal when I leave a disc behind like that (which happens more than I would like to admit) but it took a couple years to beat this one in to it's perfect state.

FWIW I posted in the lost disc mega thread as well but figured my chances would be better here.

Thanks for reading, StuMagoo out.

Hey DFW.

My son and I are in town for the weekend and I have time for a round o' DG, but oddly enough -- only on Easter Sunday afternoon. Looking to hook up with some locals who are finished with church 'n egging.

Thinking about hitting Lakepoint for Easter worship, grabbing some lunch, and heading to H Myers. Haven't been there in a while.
Any takers?

Thanks,
Ron Pittman

Well hello you sneaker! The beginner Frisco course is having its grand opening tomorrow morning, but if you can't make it, you might consider it on Sunday afternoon.

BTW, I have having Easter lunch at 11, and should be free Sunday afternoon. The course at the church at Duncanville has a mini every Sunday at 3, yes, even on Easter.

Played the new Haslet 18 hole course the other day. Whoever did the redesign did a good job of working with the little bit that's out there. My buddy, who had played it before, said it was a "feel good course." He promptly threw his prized west side sword in the deep drink on three. There's also a sapling that is taking a beating on six due to it's tee proximity. It's a young course with short tees but worth a stop if it's not out of the way.

Latest posts