• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG bags on the airplane

I took my Fade Tourney as a carry on to Charlotte last winter. No problems at all. I was a little worried though because just as I got to the security line I noticed the embroidery on the side of the bag said "Fly or Die". Woops.

I flew with my buddy and he went through security about a half hour before me. He said they emptied out his Revo Carolina bag, asked him about the contents, then ran everything through the x-ray again individually and made him put it all back into his bag. A bit more of a pain for him.

I had this experience a few years back. They thought my discs were weapons, and i had to explain what it was, they examined them all. but then got through no problem.

I'm too lazy to read all of the responses, so I'm probably repeating what someone else already said. I've carried my Innova bag (the bigger one, whatever it's called) on several times without issue. Security is usually pretty interested in it, but not in a suspicious way. They just want to talk to each other (and me) about it in a friendly/curious manner. My last roundtrip flight was to the Midwest, and both times the flight was full and carryons had to be checked. I checked my laptop bag and just put my discs under the seat in front of me. Meaning that I can have a carry on and consider my disc bag a "personal item" like a purse. If you have a purse too (I won't judge) then you're SOL.

i am sick and tired of all these m'fing dg bags on the m'fing plane.

that is all.
Someone should do a video mock up with Samuel L. and a bunch of Sidewinders, Vipers, Cobras, (wasn't there a Python :confused:) flying, rolling, ricocetting... all over a plane cabin.

* all DX, so you can tell what they are.

Be prepared for a usually short delay thru the xray machine...

My Revolution bag is ALWAYS a carry on, never check your discs as luggage, it might not show up at your destination. Getting thru the TSA with or w/o a question has been 50/50 for me over the years.

Sometimes the bag scans without question, sometimes if I mention "frisbees" ahead of time that satisfies their curiosity, twice I've had them powder wipe a disc or two to check for 'plastic explosives', one time they insisted metal rings were in the rim, I had to politely disagree.

Carry a DG rule book in your bag, that could help explain the equipment you are bringing on board.

BTW, lighters are OK as a carry on now. Remove other smoking material before leaving from home.

I had my iPod cord in my nut sac bag and they thought it looked like a bomb.

True story.

Then they opened up my carryom and took out the "frisbees" and just gave me a confused look, then wiped them down and sent me on my way.

Latest posts