• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Property Alerts! (Michigan Edition)

UPDATED 9/3/2014

PROPERTY ALERT!
143 acres for the ultimate "DREAM COURSE"

My ultimate dream property #2, just went up for sale! Pine River, small creek, large pond, multiple ravines, elevation changes and more...

Along with the state land near "Beard's Hills" this is some of the most elevated sections of the entire county. You would own some of the nicest land around.

Since I missed out on that sweet 84 acres last year, I've had my eyes on this chunk of land. This is almost directly across the freeway from that epic spot. This one might be even better! This property is owned by the same guy that sold the 84 acres.

OCT 2013 AERIAL

New large parcel in Kimball Township, close to Port Huron ,

143 acres in two connecting parcels with a railroad track dividing them. Lots of wildlife, big oaks, pines, and maples, the Pine River, a small creek and a large pond. Located at the end of a dead end road (English Rd) and backs up to I-69. Close to the Taylor Rd exit just west of Port Huron.

Agent says "90% Wooded – Dead End Rd. Amazing Large Piece, Conveniently Located, near I-69 Excellent Hunting with Loads of Deer & Wildlife Big Oaks, Pines, Maples, & the Pine River Too Large Lake-Like 3 Acre Pond, Great for Fishing Call listing Broker for approximate aerial"

asking $278,000

I wish this didn't go up for sale so soon. It is an awesome piece of land that resembles a nature reserve. Maybe some of you guys can invest or grab some partners for a hunting compound. I'd grade this parcel as an A.

As far as developing the land for residential use, the current owner (who has over a hundred properties in the county alone) is retaining most of the small parcels along English Rd for future housing. A house/building could be built at the entrance near the dead end of English Rd but you would have to build a road in order to develop the outer reaches of the property if it is permitted.

SOUTHERN section

NORTHERN section

ENGLISH Rd entrance

CLOSE-UP of southern section

TOPO MAPPING site showing elevation changes from MI-Hunt
co-ordinates lat/long 42.97511, -82.61560

Worth a look if you are really interested and can come up with the money. FYI, the owner sold that epic 84 acres last year for 25% less than his listed asking price after it was on the market for 7 months. I don't know how long this one would last.

Directions ~ I-69 to Taylor Rd exit (just west of the Wadhams Rd exit) and head west on Lapeer Rd a couple miles until you reach English Rd. Turn South on English Rd and take it all the way to the dead end/turn-around near the freeway and RR tracks. Property is on the west side of rd.

Agent: Tom Kinzer
Just Land Sales
15390 Turner Rd, Yale, Michigan 48097
(586)419-6716, Fax (586)419-6716

Last edited:
bing map of birds-eye view of 143 Acres

You can also see the southern section of the property on WB I-69 going over the bridges of the Pine River and RR tracks. I drove down to the end of English Rd last April and must say this property has great DG and hunting potential.

If I didn't already allocate my savings to our new place I would def have bought this or that epic 84 acres across the street from this one. My plan was to raise money from my private course and approach the property owner with an offer when I had enough but this parcel went up 3 yrs earlier than I expected to have the funds to pull it off and put some money down on it. Go figure. Hopefully a discer(s) or club could make it happen before it's gone for good.

link to listing and photos

real estate link

Already building a private, 24-27 hole course on 21 acres in SE MI. Shopping at The Throw Shop will only make it happen sooner!

Hey Ben, is that your BRATS course expansion or that park your dad is heading up? BTW, The Throw Shop might be the sweetest DG pro shop ever. Glad you and the family could make it work.

Hey Ben, is that your BRATS course expansion or that park your dad is heading up? BTW, The Throw Shop might be the sweetest DG pro shop ever. Glad you and the family could make it work.

It's BRATS. :clap:

Last time we played there we got the run down on some of the expansion plans for it. Going to make an already awesome place even better, can't wait to see how it turns out. Now I need to drive to Ypsi and buy some stuff from the Throw Shop to make it happen quicker. :D

The good ones sell quick!

UPDATED 9/5/2014
SALE PENDING

Vacant land near Smiths Creek, MI 48074 in St. Clair County
22 acres (90% wooded) ¼ mile from paved road
Agent says "Approximately 22 rolling wooded acres with frontage on the Pine River. Winding gravel drive leads back into the forest. Tall stately oaks, maple, beech, and poplars cover the acreage. Some of those oaks will take 3 people to reach around. Lots of elevation changes on property providing many forested ridge top views for a new home or cabin in the woods. Plenty of good tree stand locations. One tower stand in place overlooking a nice sized clearing. Owner has planted some apple trees too. Good population of deer, turkey, and squirrels call this property home. Great location on a gravel road, just off the pavement, 3 miles to I-69 exit, 6 miles to Port Huron, and about an hour to Metro Detroit."
Asking price – $90,000

This spot has the Pine River running along the eastern border. Lots of elevation and heavily wooded with mature trees. My grade A-

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=649-14-0009

I didn't think this one was gonna last long. Hopefully a discer bought it.

Last edited:
This one is gone too!

UPDATED 9/5/2014
SOLD

Vacant land/farm and historic house near St. Clair, MI 48079 (sale pending) in St. Clair County

Agent says "72.20 Acre parcel per survey on the corner of Yankee Rd. and Hurst Rd. Picturesque setting with lots of woods and trails. Some open farm land. Pond. Historic, pre-civil war farmhouse, believed to be built approx. 1850s. Hand hewn logs in the interior. Approx. 1440 sq. ft. of early American charm. 4 bedrooms, bead board kitchen walls, large country dining room. Large hay barn, detached garage."

Asking price $259,900 (PENDING)

A very sweet and historic property in St. Clair, MI. It has been on the market a couple months and is now pending. My Grade A-

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=268-13-0068

Somebody scored a historic farm in an upscale community at a good price.

Sale Pending

St. Clair and Sanilac County properties

Vacant land near Yale, MI 48097 in St. Clair County
44.44 acres (30% wooded) paved road
Agent says "Unique riverfront parcel. Very Pretty, High & Rolling, With the Mill Creek's Edge, as the South & West Property Lines. There are Scenic Trails Offering Views of Woods & the Wide Riverfront. This Property has 3,500' of River/creek Frontage. Parcel Is Located Where M-136 Intersects With M-19 (Emmett Rd.)"
Asking price - $169,000"
This property is near my place and has some potential for development or farming as well. The Mill Creek is a very nice, large and clean creek. Terrain is rolling and lowest near the winding creek. My grade B+

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=584-14-0007

Sale Pending on this one. They lowered the asking price to $136,000 too! Probably gonna end up farmland or houses.

SOLD

Vacant land near Lakeport, MI 48059 in St. Clair County

60 acres (80% wooded) on paved road just north of Port Huron

Agent says "60 Acres on paved State Road - agricultural, recreational, building location. Located in Burtchville Township, this 60 acres contains approx. 13 tillable acres with the remaining 47 acres excellent for hunting/recreational use. City water at the road; Natural gas line nearby. Farm part of the land & hunt the rest or add the home of your dreams."

Asking price $189,500

This chunk of land has multiple uses and is across from Lakeport State Park. My grade B

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=134-13-0261

I didn't get to drive by this one but she's gone already

SOLD a few months ago

Vacant land near Goodells, MI 48027 in St. Clair County

72 acres (60% wooded) gravel road with railroad cutting through the middle
Agent says "If you're in the market for a top notch piece of turn key hunting property you need to walk this one. 72+ acres combination of woods, brush, and fields. There are 3 x 1/2 acre food plots, four tree stands, and one 6x6 box style deer blind in place and ready to go for this fall. Loads of groomed trails to take you around the property. Well kept secluded campsite located just off the main road. Woods are a nice combination of oak, pine, poplar, and a good mess of apple trees. Lots of brushy areas within the woods to hold deer. Farm fields on east and west sides of parcel also provide lots of food for the wildlife. Property has about 1000' of frontage on a quiet gravel road, yet only a couple miles to I-69 exit at Wales Center Rd."

Asking price $189,000

This property is a little off the beaten path and has railroad tracks going through it. Not too much elevation but a decent mixture of open and wooded. Good hunting and near Full Quiver Archery Center. The seller actually bought another sweet parcel of land (84 acres) last year that I wanted badly but opted for 30 acres instead. My Grade B

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=649-14-0005

she's gone too

another one gone

47 acres for sale in St. Clair County, MI

Kimball Township (just west of Marysville)

Here's a good plot of land thats 80% wooded with some elevation changes. Across the street from the Pine River. Mostly nicer homes in this area along the Pine River. Railroad tracks on the northern boundary. My Grade B-

Asking price $165,000

http://www.bauerreno.idxco.com/idx/12726/details.php?idxID=110&listingID=31189593

http://gis.stclaircounty.org/Land/ParcelViewer.aspx?pid=74-25-028-2004-000

Sold not to long after I posted this ^^^^^

more land for sale

76+ acres just west of Port Huron
http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=135-15-0036

The lady across from the 143 acres for my Dream Course #2 has put her 76 acres up for sale. Not quite as epic but still very nice and with large mature trees. She had it listed higher a couple months ago but it's lower now. Unlike the Dream Course #2, this parcel has plenty of room for farming or development. I'd give it an A- to B+ rating.

That's pretty much the case anywhere in the country. Neat thread guys....it is my dream to one day own a working farm with a sick dg course or two;)

Same here, except in ND farm and oil prices keep some land way over budget. Some farmland went for $10k/acre...crazy. I'm excited by this thread and it's got me searching for something like this.

Latest posts