• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Property Alerts! (Michigan Edition)

donnyv

Eagle Member
Potential Private Disc Golf Course Properties for Sale (SE Michigan Edition)

215929_g.jpg

Looking to build a house and your own private disc golf course on some nice acreage? Here are a few select properties I have had my eye on. Over the years I have seen some incredible deals for great properties around me get snatched up so quickly I cannot believe it, so I'm just passing some info along on land currently for sale to whoever might be interested.

Criteria:
20+ acres of good quality land for DG
Under $200,000
Close to nearby city/civilization

Below are a few large parcels in SE Michigan that might be worth a look if you're looking to build a home, hunting camp or private disc golf course. I'm not a real estate agent but have seen just too many nice properties get away. I'll try to only post nice affordable properties under 200k (or less than $5,000 acre) but will show anything above that price that might be of interest to possible investors.

200790_g.jpg

This experiment is intended to get our disc golf friends into looking for land to help get disc golf courses into areas that don't have a course nearby. I'll try to keep it fun and updated as much as possible. Feel free to explore, discuss and post anything around you that might fit the criteria. I can try to answer any questions on the postings but just remember I'm not a real estate agent and might not have an answer to all questions. This is just the info I could find online and I cannot guarantee it to be 100% accurate. If your are interested in the land, you will have to look into it yourself for further details.

Lets have some fun
200783_g.jpg

*drools*

*wants private course*

*doesn't have $200,000*

:(

Very cool thread idea! ;)

44 acres in Yale, MI

St. Clair and Sanilac County properties

Vacant land near Yale, MI 48097 in St. Clair County
44.44 acres (30% wooded) paved road
Agent says "Unique riverfront parcel. Very Pretty, High & Rolling, With the Mill Creek's Edge, as the South & West Property Lines. There are Scenic Trails Offering Views of Woods & the Wide Riverfront. This Property has 3,500' of River/creek Frontage. Parcel Is Located Where M-136 Intersects With M-19 (Emmett Rd.)"
Asking price - $169,000"
This property is near my place and has some potential for development or farming as well. The Mill Creek is a very nice, large and clean creek. Terrain is rolling and lowest near the winding creek. My grade B+

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=584-14-0007

22 Acres in Smiths Creek, MI

Vacant land near Smiths Creek, MI 48074 in St. Clair County
22 acres (90% wooded) ¼ mile from paved road
Agent says "Approximately 22 rolling wooded acres with frontage on the Pine River. Winding gravel drive leads back into the forest. Tall stately oaks, maple, beech, and poplars cover the acreage. Some of those oaks will take 3 people to reach around. Lots of elevation changes on property providing many forested ridge top views for a new home or cabin in the woods. Plenty of good tree stand locations. One tower stand in place overlooking a nice sized clearing. Owner has planted some apple trees too. Good population of deer, turkey, and squirrels call this property home. Great location on a gravel road, just off the pavement, 3 miles to I-69 exit, 6 miles to Port Huron, and about an hour to Metro Detroit."
Asking price – $90,000

This spot has the Pine River running along the eastern border. Lots of elevation and heavily wooded with mature trees. My grade A-

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=649-14-0009

60 acres in Lakeport, MI

Vacant land near Lakeport, MI 48059 in St. Clair County

60 acres (80% wooded) on paved road just north of Port Huron

Agent says "60 Acres on paved State Road - agricultural, recreational, building location. Located in Burtchville Township, this 60 acres contains approx. 13 tillable acres with the remaining 47 acres excellent for hunting/recreational use. City water at the road; Natural gas line nearby. Farm part of the land & hunt the rest or add the home of your dreams."

Asking price $189,500

This chunk of land has multiple uses and is across from Lakeport State Park. My grade B

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=134-13-0261

72 acres in Goodells, MI

Vacant land near Goodells, MI 48027 in St. Clair County

72 acres (60% wooded) gravel road with railroad cutting through the middle
Agent says "If you're in the market for a top notch piece of turn key hunting property you need to walk this one. 72+ acres combination of woods, brush, and fields. There are 3 x 1/2 acre food plots, four tree stands, and one 6x6 box style deer blind in place and ready to go for this fall. Loads of groomed trails to take you around the property. Well kept secluded campsite located just off the main road. Woods are a nice combination of oak, pine, poplar, and a good mess of apple trees. Lots of brushy areas within the woods to hold deer. Farm fields on east and west sides of parcel also provide lots of food for the wildlife. Property has about 1000' of frontage on a quiet gravel road, yet only a couple miles to I-69 exit at Wales Center Rd."

Asking price $189,000

This property is a little off the beaten path and has railroad tracks going through it. Not too much elevation but a decent mixture of open and wooded. Good hunting and near Full Quiver Archery Center. The seller actually bought another sweet parcel of land (84 acres) last year that I wanted badly but opted for 30 acres instead. My Grade B

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=649-14-0005

24 acres in Croswell, MI

Vacant land near Croswell, MI 48422 in Sanilac County

24 acres (100% wooded) off paved rd

Agent says "Very difficult to find....Twenty four acres of 100% mature hardwoods on the Black River!!!! Put in a nice winding driveway through the trees and build your home on the high spot overlooking the Black River!! This is one of the largest- most beautiful riverfront properties left. Close in proximity to Port Huron, Lexington, I-94 & 69. Feels like Michigan's upper peninsula But on a black top road. Extremely private, quiet, nature at its best! Abounding with wildlife."

Asking price $129,500

This spot is a little further north but only a short drive from Lake Huron. The Black River borders the eastern part of the property. My grade B

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=134-14-0060

25 acres in St. Clair, MI

Vacant land near St. Clair, MI 48079 in St. Clair County

25.73 acres (90% wooded) paved road in developed area (property is mostly behind other houses and across the street from a golf course) with railroad tracks bordering the western end.

Agent says "Developers take notice!!! Full 25 acre parcel is available in highly desirable location of St. Clair Township. There is a paved road and 261 ft. of frontage. This is a nicely wooded parcel with city water and sewer available. Currently there is only one sewer tap but the township is working on obtaining additional taps. The Township has an SEV of $125,000 on this parcel, setting the value for tax purposes at $250,000.00. This is a great opportunity for an individual buyer to have a good location and lots of privacy, or a builder to gain a highly desirable spot for future development at a great price!"

Asking price $90,000

This property is located behind some nice houses in the upscale area of St. Clair, MI. Not exactly in a rural part of town and it is mostly flat and wooded. It's been on the market for a while. My grade C+
http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=268-09-0004

Vacant land/farm and historic house near St. Clair, MI 48079 (sale pending) in St. Clair County

Agent says "72.20 Acre parcel per survey on the corner of Yankee Rd. and Hurst Rd. Picturesque setting with lots of woods and trails. Some open farm land. Pond. Historic, pre-civil war farmhouse, believed to be built approx. 1850s. Hand hewn logs in the interior. Approx. 1440 sq. ft. of early American charm. 4 bedrooms, bead board kitchen walls, large country dining room. Large hay barn, detached garage."

Asking price $259,900 (PENDING)

A very sweet and historic property in St. Clair, MI. It has been on the market a couple months and is now pending. My Grade A-

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=268-13-0068

84 acres near Goodells, MI

Epic property that just sold for $156,000. Wish I could have bought this one.
My grade A+

picture.php

time to start buying those lottery tickets...

Don't even ask me to list those properties that are over $250,000 and even better than the ones I can list. :p

I just posting ones that are within reach of us average Joe's :thmbup:

More properties coming as soon as I can find them. I seen some smaller parcels in Macomb, Oakland, Lapeer and Genessee Counties that might interest some.

It amazes me how cheap land is in Michigan. I'm so jealous of your low population density and abundance of beautiful land that's available. Hopefully I'll be able to find something like one of these parcels within an hour of Lansing if I achieve my goal of relocating up the the Mitten in the next year or so.

I know this is the Michigan Edition, but it inspired me to look at what kind of land we have available in NH. Currently for sale is 227 acres on a mountainside for $189,000.

That's enough space for a pretty spectacular DG complex for less than $1,000/acre.

There is a lot out there but nothing really affordable within the metro areas. You gotta drive at least 30 mins out into the country to find any deals.

That's pretty much the case anywhere in the country. Neat thread guys....it is my dream to one day own a working farm with a sick dg course or two;)

Lapeer County, MI

Here are a couple "lower priced" properties in Lapeer, the next county over. There are no good deals around there and nothing cheap in Oakland County either. These counties are where you find those large estates with multi-million dollar homes. There are a few private courses around there though, but they are on small parcels. You can make a killer course under 10 acres but nothing in epic proportions.

99 acres in Attica, MI 48412
PICS HERE
Agent says "Approximately 99 acres of sportsmen's paradise. A little bit of everything all rolled into one property. Rolling wooded ridges, 4 ponds, extensive trail system, food plots in place, and three gated entrances. Excellent habitat for deer, turkey and waterfowl. One of those rare properties where you find top notch deer and waterfowl hunting on the same property. Woods are comprised of both hard and softwoods, including oak, maple, pine, poplar, cherry, and some cedars near the ponds. The ponds are home to bass, bluegill, and pike for the fisherman in the group. The property has frontage on 2 gravel roads, and is located between Lapeer and Imlay City. Only 2 miles to an I-69 entrance. Do not walk property without a real estate agent present. Need appointment to be on property. Some very nice bucks have been taken off this property, and many others on trail cams."

Asking price $299,000 (a little pricey because it's close to I-69)

My Grade C+ It looks ok but really don't get a great bang for the buck here. I'm just not a big fan of ponds.

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=649-13-0017

48 acres in Metamora, MI 48455
PICS HERE
Agent says "Approximately 48 acres of Metamora area at its best. Meandering wooded ridges covered in stately oaks, and towering pines. Home to wild turkey and whitetail deer. Plenty of trees to hang a stand. Lots of nice runways criss crossing thru the acreage. High ridge top views of Farmer's Creek as it bubbles across the parcel. Large pond nestled in amongst 40 year old spruce and pines on south end of the parcel. Extensive trail system including a very sturdy bridge over the creek. Property is nearly ½ mile in length with gravel road frontage at both north and south ends. Excellent location for commuters, just ¾ mile off M-24. Power crosses the property."

Asking price $320,000 (pricey because it is in prime horse country with surrounding large estates)

My grade B A little nicer but still pricey. Trail system in place and along Farmers Creek makes it more appealing.

http://www.realestate-mls.com/detail.cgi?viewonlyno=649-14-0004

If you really want to get carried away with this concept, go to www.landwatch.com, insert your search criteria, and drool away.

Yes, that is one of the big sites. I usually try to only search local properties before they get listed on there. I also like the free and simple GIS system for St Clair County for my further investigations and property lines, topo, flood plain info, sales history and all the other stuff us nerds like to stick our noses into. I wish access to neighboring GIS was as easy (and free) as ours. Oakland County charges a fee. Macomb County is free but confusing, requires more legwork, and doesn't really reveal a lot of info.

Anyone else know of good county GIS systems that don't charge?

Latest posts