• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Shoes

BigBig5

What are good shoes to wear when playing. I've been looking at shoes like Vibram FiveFingers and KEEN. And I want to know what you like to wear.

Last edited:
F10_BM1423_225_f

These have worked great for me!!!! I don't care what that old fogey says in his review on Columbia's website.

Great grip, semi waterproof, and they were decently priced. Academy for 50.00 bucks.

there is a huge post on this elsewhere, i mean huge. anyway, i wear patagonia boaris's. they look like skate shoes almost, but they have vibram hiking soles and are super comfy. they come in two versions, one with more ventilation and one that is more waterproof.

Look in the clearance section at your local DSW. I find Merrells in there for under $40 all the time. Can't beat the Vibram rubber for tee pads. Good stuff.

Look in the clearance section at your local DSW. I find Merrells in there for under $40 all the time. Can't beat the Vibram rubber for tee pads. Good stuff.

Didn't think about this...good idea.

Skate shoes! Made to last fro a long time under hard abuse and also made to have insane grip on flat surfaces (like tee pads). If your course has no real hiking to do, then getting shoes to suit your tee pads might be a better idea.

Ordinary flat-sole sneakers work best for me--like Vans or Airwalk style "skater" shoes or Pumas or even Converse-style low-top sneakers.

I've hiked rugged courses in these shoes. As long as there's no mud, they make fine hiking shoes for me.

I have a pair of Adidas that has lasted me a year and a half out on the course, but the teepads have finally polished the treads smooth. They will be replaced by another pair which I shall repurpose for disc golf.

And here's a few links to long discussions on shoes:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9229
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23765

Keen Targhee II

I wear the mids and love them. I have spent a lot of money on disc golf shoes. Most tear up in a month or two for me. The targhee's lasted a year before I threw them out!

i picked up some merrell moab ventilators that have been working out well. good grip, and the only pair of shoes i've used for golfing that didn't get holes on the soles on a few months.

dick's sporting goods has a deal where for an extra $8 or so, you will get a free replacement pair of shoes if yours have certain wear and tear damage. i figure i will wear them out easily and get the free pair next summer.

Skate shoes! Made to last fro a long time under hard abuse and also made to have insane grip on flat surfaces (like tee pads). If your course has no real hiking to do, then getting shoes to suit your tee pads might be a better idea.

Skate shoes + wet grass = bad idea

any type of trail shoe works

Didn't think about this...good idea.

This is where I got my last pair, they were having a super sale on clearance items, my inlaws actually took me, I didn't expect much.

I tend to wear though the side of my shoes on my plant foot where my pinky toe rubs. The same spot I would wear through when skateboarding. I have gotten pretty good at shoe repair over the last decade and shoes have been lasting me longer and longer!

I just picked up these New Balance All Terrains and they kick ass and take names. Super comfortable, and tons of traction. I added some Dr Scholls Athletic Insoles, the the comfort factor doubled. I got them for $59 at Sports Authority. They are called the New Balance 573's

Newbalance573.jpg

I love my targhee 2 mids so much that I am always looking for sales on the internet. I want to stock up on them that way when the ones I am using get beat and flippy I can pull out a new stable pair!

I just picked up these New Balance All Terrains and they kick ass and take names. Super comfortable, and tons of traction. I added some Dr Scholls Athletic Insoles, the the comfort factor doubled. I got them for $59 at Sports Authority. They are called the New Balance 573's

Newbalance573.jpg

Those shoes resemble the Nike Zoom Red Rock II's that I prefer. The New Balance has a version of the Nike Agressive tread that they used to put on their ACG line. I went looking for a pair and instead found my Nikes. I picked up 2 pairs for $105. These things are H20 repellant and weigh a few ounces. I'm good for a few more seasons.

Latest posts