• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DGA mach lite or innova disccatcher sport

Hartley444

Birdie Member
I'm torn. I know the innova sport is better but how much better? The mach lite I can fold up and store in my car for practice during lunch breaks at work

I'm torn. I know the innova sport is better but how much better? The mach lite I can fold up and store in my car for practice during lunch breaks at work

You just answered your own question. Mach-Lites are nice and pdga legal - what's hard about the decision?

Depending on what you drive, you could easily fit a traditional basket as well. I've had my Mach Lite for probably 4 or 5 years now, taken good care of it, and it still works for what it was intended for. The tripod stand that comes with them is held together with rivets, so good luck to you once (not if) that breaks. I had to repair mine, but other than that its golden.

In hindsight, however, I would much prefer to have a "real" basket. The Mach Lite isn't very lightweight either, contrary to what the name might lead you to believe..

As a Mach Lite owner, I vote Discatcher Sport.

I have both and prefer the mach lite for that exact reason.

The mach lite is not smaller in size or height is it? Also I like to throw mid range shots 50_100 ft out. Will the mach lite hold up?

Mach Lite is built to be the same dimensions more or less than the Mach 3's out at the course. They do have fewer chains than most baskets at the course.

Once they're set up, they are pretty sturdy, but if it tips over the "basket" bends VERY easily. It bends back, of course, but after having mine for so long, I can tell the metal wiring has lost some of its original structural integrity.

Another reason to get the Discatcher over the Mach Lite; Mach Lites are very different cosmetically from most of the baskets you'll encounter on a course. Lots of spandex fabric, tripod, oddly shaped "basket" (lower portion).. the Discatcher will be a lot closer to what you find on your home course.