• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Overstable Midrange: The Quake

Does anybody have any experiences when it comes to seasoning in the Quake and/or Cycling it? I just got a 2021 swirly Quake in, and gave it a couple test throws against my current OS mid staple, a lucid- Verdict. The Quake flies very similarly if not the exact same, but I like the way it feels in the hand a bit better. Its rim is also slightly wider, and nose a little less squared off and aerodynamic.

Do these things beat into nice long and stable fliers? Ideally I'd want to minimize my mods where I have like 2-3 Quakes for OS to straight shots and then like 1-2 Hexes for straight to understable shots.

My FF has barely lost any stability. My eclipse reactor is the perfect bridge between quake and hex.

Does anybody have any experiences when it comes to seasoning in the Quake and/or Cycling it? I just got a 2021 swirly Quake in, and gave it a couple test throws against my current OS mid staple, a lucid- Verdict. The Quake flies very similarly if not the exact same, but I like the way it feels in the hand a bit better. Its rim is also slightly wider, and nose a little less squared off and aerodynamic.

Do these things beat into nice long and stable fliers? Ideally I'd want to minimize my mods where I have like 2-3 Quakes for OS to straight shots and then like 1-2 Hexes for straight to understable shots.

I bought a few of the granite Quakes that came out for 2020 Ledgestone. I have seasoned one to dead straight. I also have a d-line that feels like it would break in even quicker. If they ever make another base line Quake, or you can find one, it is definetley seasonable. Also, a couple years ago, I bought a proline quake that had a little dome. I decided to try and season it. It took a while, but it is now holds really straight and reminds me of a HSS Buzzz with very minimal fade. I would assume any of the Quakes on OTB that have a more nuetral dome (4) would season well. https://otbdiscs.com/product/quake/

The 2021 GMC Swirly one I got seems like it would season into a Z-Buzzz within a year or two, so I have high hopes. The only issue is I need teal only discs. Good to know some people have pretty straight Quakes.

Finally got myself a Quake. It really lives up to the hype! Its just reliably overstable but not dumpy and has just enough glide to get where you need it to. Works great for forehands too

Anyone thrown the Midnight Flyer Quake? Wondering if it flies noticeably different from a plain old Proline. Also why does it have a 6 for the stamp?

I have to admit something - I've been playing over 5 years and have never thrown a DGA disc. However I've been looking to find something to replace my old MD4 and I started looking around for a stable mid. The Quake was one of the molds I decided to try and it quickly has made my bag.

I've been throwing a SP and I also got one of the older GMC swirly runs from 2021. I can easily tell that the SP is more stable. Does anyone know what the plastic is on this swirly GMC run?

I also just one a swirly proline Noah tour series to test out as well. I feel that I could easy bag two of these to have a stable and less stable version in my bag.

I throw granite quakes and they are awesome but much more us than the proline flavors. They flip up to flat from hyzer on hard throws but still fade. My proline ones hold a hyzer or stay flat and rarely stand up unless there's a stiff headwind.

I have thrown one of the midnight ones and it was identical to the proline flight with the consistent laser straight flight with a predictable fade.

I throw granite quakes and they are awesome but much more us than the proline flavors. They flip up to flat from hyzer on hard throws but still fade. My proline ones hold a hyzer or stay flat and rarely stand up unless there's a stiff headwind.

I have thrown one of the midnight ones and it was identical to the proline flight with the consistent laser straight flight with a predictable fade.
DGA needs to have a boatload of those Granite Quakes made...I'd probably be able to cycle them for every mid slot with a Proline as the OS bookend.

DGA needs to have a boatload of those Granite Quakes made...I'd probably be able to cycle them for every mid slot with a Proline as the OS bookend.
I'm so pissed I bought some and not enough and now they're expensive. When they came out they were like 15 on sunking and now I can't find them less than 25.

They do cycle nicely and compliment a proline, I have 5 left in various stages of stability. I could eliminate wasps from my bag if they were more available.