• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Overstable Midrange: The Quake

Bit of sadness today. Sunking just got the SP Quakes in stock. I emailed to see what the profile of the discs were. The response was ...

"they all have a touch of dome to them"

While some may enjoy dome for this type of disc and it should give them even more glide...i would have preferred them Flat.

Yea dome is no bueno on this mold.

Bit of sadness today. Sunking just got the SP Quakes in stock. I emailed to see what the profile of the discs were. The response was ...

"they all have a touch of dome to them"

While some may enjoy dome for this type of disc and it should give them even more glide...i would have preferred them Flat.

Yep, mine both have some dome.

Edit - I have 3 other SP and the plastic is lustery. New ones are not, which is also kinda disappointing.

Last edited:
Good SP Quake - flat with pearly plastic.

Bad SP Quake - domey with meh plastic

Attachments

• PXL_20210304_211819082.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210304_211819082.PORTRAIT.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20210304_211849252.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210304_211849252.PORTRAIT.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20210304_211913156.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210304_211913156.PORTRAIT.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 64
I love DGA but gosh dang I wish they would have regular availability in certain molds. Flat SP quakes should be regular production by now? Would love to try some flex quakes too..

I love DGA but gosh dang I wish they would have regular availability in certain molds. Flat SP quakes should be regular production by now? Would love to try some flex quakes too..

So on OTB it looks as if the YELLOW Quakes came out more flat than the others. Not enough to temp me to buy more. Im gonna stick with my FF and wait for some premium special runs that mold up like pancakes...

Maybe glow :)

I think since Discraft is going all Brodster Bruh with a gazillion Zones I don't think you're going to see anything in regular production from DGA for a while.

So on OTB it looks as if the YELLOW Quakes came out more flat than the others. Not enough to temp me to buy more. Im gonna stick with my FF and wait for some premium special runs that mold up like pancakes...

Maybe glow :)

I definitely still bag a FF, but the new black SP I have has a very small dome and it's a great flyer. To me the new run actually feels better in the hand when throwing backhand. The two discs compliment each other well, and I still find the SP with slight dome to be very overstable. I retract my initial statement on Quake dome, this run is solid.

I definitely would still like to see another flat run though. It makes me nervous when molds like this start coming out domey, especially when DGA is not exactly pumping out runs one after another. I don't mind some variance, but we still need our flatties.

that actually looks like 2 completely different discs. You sure the 'bad SP quake' isn't just an aftershock?

That's not what they were advertised as. Unfortunately just a bad (for me) run of SP Quake.

Since I was just harping about Comets needing dome, I prefer most of my bag to be flattish since I'm FH dominant. A premium plastic Quake will be thrown FH 90% of the time for me. I'm actually liking the D Quakes with minor dome for BH and touchier FH.

So yeah, the TDTM Quakes are a disappointment for me. I only blame E-money a little. 🤔

So, I'm done with D line Quakes. I've cycled through 3 of them, just started bagging them at the beginning of this year.

First one got retired because I got my first ace with it. Used it for a few months and it had a little waffling on the flight plate, which is no big deal. It was actually worked in nicely and I was about ready to slot another fresh one in with it. Retired it instead after the ace.

Second and third ones both got light/moderate use and both ended up with warped rims after tree hits. Waffling on the flight plate doesn't bother me but a warped rim is no bueno. I don't care if it doesn't affect the flight, I can feel it and it bugs me.

Premium Quake will always have a spot in my bag but I'll have to wait on DGA to run them in JB, RB or another mid grade plastic to try cycling them again. I might try them in the new putter plastic if it turns out to hold up better than pro-D.

If anyone wants a handful of unthrown D line Quakes I'm open to offers....

I'm finally back to throwing and the SP Quake I got to test is noticeably less overstable than my first flights.

Still a great disc. Good glide. Dependable late fade.. and choice plastic.

It will be my "water" Quake.

So, I'm done with D line Quakes. I've cycled through 3 of them, just started bagging them at the beginning of this year.

First one got retired because I got my first ace with it. Used it for a few months and it had a little waffling on the flight plate, which is no big deal. It was actually worked in nicely and I was about ready to slot another fresh one in with it. Retired it instead after the ace.

Second and third ones both got light/moderate use and both ended up with warped rims after tree hits. Waffling on the flight plate doesn't bother me but a warped rim is no bueno. I don't care if it doesn't affect the flight, I can feel it and it bugs me.

Premium Quake will always have a spot in my bag but I'll have to wait on DGA to run them in JB, RB or another mid grade plastic to try cycling them again. I might try them in the new putter plastic if it turns out to hold up better than pro-D.

If anyone wants a handful of unthrown D line Quakes I'm open to offers....

They ran jawbreaker quakes for Ledgestone last year.

I'm finally back to throwing and the SP Quake I got to test is noticeably less overstable than my first flights.

I don't like hearing this. I only have 2 first flights (a ton of life left in the one I'm throwing too). I did get an SP quake and it's definitely more domey but I haven't thrown it at all yet.

I did get my first ace this year with that FF quake too - Hole 8 Token Creek short to white. Nice little forehand flex. Maybe I'll have to try to find more, but I don't even remember where I got the 2 that I have.

Give us some flat Z ice blend Quakes dangit! Love my flat prolines, but would be nice to have something more beefy / reliable.