• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Overstable Midrange: The Quake

Just popped in to say im digging the Quake. I have a first flight proline and its been MONEY. I have been loving it for Forehands. It has more glide than you expect and is workable ,while still being consistently overstable.

I just need something between my Quake and Rift. Any suggestions?
(I honestly should just remember i have an Envy and throw that)

Recently discovered how awesome DGA is. Loving the Steady BL for putting. I'm looking to fill the OS mid spot in my bag. Something that I can forehand and backhand. I just got an MD4 and I'm not liking it so far. Its diameter is too wide and its not feeling right in my hand. I currently have 2 Buzzz's for str8 to turnover shots. Considering a Quake or a Buzzz OS for the OS mid slot now . Anyone here have experience throwing both? I was told the Quake is the OS mid the Buzzz OS wishes it could be.

I just got a pair of the new Granite Quakes that they made for Ledgestone. I really hope that they produce more of these. They are still really high speed stable but start to fade much later in their flight than the premium versions. I can throw my proline and SP Quakes around 280-300 consistently but these Granite ones flying 325+ for me. They are fairly stiff and also really grippy. I feel like these are a perfect mid to cycle.

I just got a pair of the new Granite Quakes that they made for Ledgestone. I really hope that they produce more of these. They are still really high speed stable but start to fade much later in their flight than the premium versions. I can throw my proline and SP Quakes around 280-300 consistently but these Granite ones flying 325+ for me. They are fairly stiff and also really grippy. I feel like these are a perfect mid to cycle.

I wish these would be production run...i cant pay 20$ for a borderline base plastic disc.

I have 4 FF prolines that should last me a while but iam really tempted to get one of these(for the right price)

Ooooohhh I had someone pick one of these up at Ledgestone...now I am REALLY looking forward to giving a few tosses.

:D

I wish these would be production run...i cant pay 20$ for a borderline base plastic disc.

I have 4 FF prolines that should last me a while but iam really tempted to get one of these(for the right price)

I agree with your sentiment, but I bought two anyway :D I think we'll eventually see them run in D-Line as a production run, but they've yet to run any of their mids in Granite plastic as a regular production run.

I've never considered the Quake as a cycling candidate, it's an OS bookend for me. I guess you could beat a D line pretty straight but you'd be throwing a pretty thrashed disc at that point. I won't dabble in mid grade plastic $20 discs that will never be production runs, like the JB Wasps.

I've never considered the Quake as a cycling candidate, it's an OS bookend for me. I guess you could beat a D line pretty straight but you'd be throwing a pretty thrashed disc at that point. I won't dabble in mid grade plastic $20 discs that will never be production runs, like the JB Wasps.

Come on, where is your sense of adventure!?

Come on, where is your sense of adventure!?

I might pay $20 for the JB Wasps if I was confident that they'd be reasonably available, Wasp is definitely a cycling candidate. I still think the Quake is too OS to cycle.

I might pay $20 for the JB Wasps if I was confident that they'd be reasonably available, Wasp is definitely a cycling candidate. I still think the Quake is too OS to cycle.

I'd say the Granite Quakes are roughly equivalent to a premium plastic Wasp. I definitely agree that premium plastic Quakes would be difficult (impossible) for a normal person to cycle.

Dear DGA/Discraft,

Put any mold into production. Like a Buzzz maybe. Not Drew Gibson Z Xtremes. Thanks.

Yours truly,
wolf

D-Line Quakes are going into production as a stock item :)

The hell you say!

I've felt up some nice D-line Steady BLs, but that's a putter. As nice as it might feel, D-line is gonna get thrashed in short order. I'll probably grab one but I'd be much more inclined to commit to a JB or X Quake.

The hell you say!

I've felt up some nice D-line Steady BLs, but that's a putter. As nice as it might feel, D-line is gonna get thrashed in short order. I'll probably grab one but I'd be much more inclined to commit to a JB or X Quake.

I haven't thrown any of my D-Line discs for a super long time, but I feel like the durability is better than people give it credit for. I can also see a D-Line Quake molding up flatter and more overstable than these Granites came out. Either way, it should be great for a $9 disc and I'll definitely be purchasing two whenever they are available.

The hell you say!

I've had a D Line steady in my bag as my main throwing putter for almost a year, and it's not even flippy yet. It's the swirly blend of D line though, which was quite different than the flat color D aftershock I was throwing for a bit.

side note: my granite and granite glow steadys are less stable out of the box than stock D line

I've had a D Line steady in my bag as my main throwing putter for almost a year, and it's not even flippy yet. It's the swirly blend of D line though, which was quite different than the flat color D aftershock I was throwing for a bit.

side note: my granite and granite glow steadys are less stable out of the box than stock D line

I have several plain D Roaches that are nice for winter putting but they get gouged and dinged more than DX. The Steady BLs I've felt up we're some cool swirly D-lines, plastic felt great. I'll give a D Quake a try for sure.

Dear DGA,

For the love that is all that is good and holy PLEASE PUT THE GRANITE QUAKE INTO REGULAR PRODUCTION.

Sincerely,
-Dave

P.S. I got my Granite Quake last night if you couldn't tell.

Question: Having never thrown a Quake before, I was a little surprised with the Granite version not being nearly as stable as I was expecting it to be. Do you find a significant difference in stability between the Granite and the other premium plastics?

Perhaps I haven't had enough time to test it out yet though.

Question: Having never thrown a Quake before, I was a little surprised with the Granite version not being nearly as stable as I was expecting it to be. Do you find a significant difference in stability between the Granite and the other premium plastics?

Perhaps I haven't had enough time to test it out yet though.

Oh yeah...The Granite is less OS than the proline for sure. The granite quake fits nicely between my Buzzz's and the proline Quake.

Latest posts