• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Overstable Midrange: The Quake

Hopefully the next release of Quakes comes out like these beauties.

Attachments

• 20210812_131212.jpg
    20210812_131212.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 59
Good SP Quake - flat with pearly plastic.

Bad SP Quake - domey with meh plastic

Sad, came here as part of research about this SP quake I got from tourney winnings. So domey is not that OS? Guess I'll stick with Lucid X Verdicts for this spot.

Never cared for proline plastic, in general. Just doesn't seem that durables or premium.

FYI everyone....I called OTB... the LE Swirl Quakes are Discraft Swirly Z plastic.

More should be showing up online but maybe not otb.

Sad, came here as part of research about this SP quake I got from tourney winnings. So domey is not that OS? Guess I'll stick with Lucid X Verdicts for this spot.

Never cared for proline plastic, in general. Just doesn't seem that durables or premium.

I actually haven't tested it much and it's been a while. Definitely don't like dome on a Quake though.

Got a couple flat sexy swirl Quakes... stiff z blend. Hard to get a good pic

Attachments

• 20210908_174720.jpg
    20210908_174720.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210908_174931.jpg
    20210908_174931.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Like this....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-175429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210911-175429_Chrome.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
Like this....

Yeah but while I was waiting on your report, OTB sold out of the LE swirl. Taking a chance with my first order from skybreed discs, assuming this run is flat in general.

Is this the same plastic as the 2020 tour series stuff? I have a couple of Luna's and that plastic is great.

Yeah but while I was waiting on your report, OTB sold out of the LE swirl. Taking a chance with my first order from skybreed discs, assuming this run is flat in general.

Is this the same plastic as the 2020 tour series stuff? I have a couple of Luna's and that plastic is great.

It feels exactly the same as this years Z Swirl. I have a Z Swirl Surge SS and feels/looks identical.

Not sure if it's the same as 2020 but def a "milky" mix. It's not the stiffest Z Swirl I have (like my ledgestone Mantis) but I would say a notch stiffer then stock SP...at least the ones I have are.

I also have a yellow Swirl Quake that is almost puddle top.

Compared to the FF Proline Quake...it has a touch higher shoulder...plh is similar.

Haven't been able to throw since I got these new ones.

Hey, don't put that on me. I got mine off OTB to make sure they are flat ;)

You're off the hook, bruh. These are sweet.

My pearly SPs might be just a touch flatter but it could just be a slightly higher shoulder on the swirly. This is definitely some of my favorite plastic too. Threw the blue in the yard and it's noticeably beefier than my moderately worn SP.

Attachments

• PXL_20210915_231856768.jpg
    PXL_20210915_231856768.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 59
You're off the hook, bruh. These are sweet.

My pearly SPs might be just a touch flatter but it could just be a slightly higher shoulder on the swirly. This is definitely some of my favorite plastic too. Threw the blue in the yard and it's noticeably beefier than my moderately worn SP.

Great news! Still haven't been able to throw yet...excited now

Chris Dickerson saying on a podcast with Johnny disc golf that he is gonna be bagging the Quake.

Andrew Marwede and CDick throwing Quakes will be sweet to watch.

The Swirly Quakes are def a solid run. Not as Beefy as my FF but close....and purrty looking :)

Chris Dickerson saying on a podcast with Johnny disc golf that he is gonna be bagging the Quake.

Andrew Marwede and CDick throwing Quakes will be sweet to watch.

The Swirly Quakes are def a solid run. Not as Beefy as my FF but close....and purrty looking :)

Ha! Guess we better make room on the bandwagon, maybe Dickerson can even manage a FH with a Quake.

Luckily I'm well stocked, several swirly Z, several pearly SP and several FF.

Does anybody have any experiences when it comes to seasoning in the Quake and/or Cycling it? I just got a 2021 swirly Quake in, and gave it a couple test throws against my current OS mid staple, a lucid- Verdict. The Quake flies very similarly if not the exact same, but I like the way it feels in the hand a bit better. Its rim is also slightly wider, and nose a little less squared off and aerodynamic.

Do these things beat into nice long and stable fliers? Ideally I'd want to minimize my mods where I have like 2-3 Quakes for OS to straight shots and then like 1-2 Hexes for straight to understable shots.

I found the most recent SP run to be slightly less stable because they have a hint of dome. I bag two quakes and have a SP one that I have been throwing for about a year that is my "straight" quake.

Does anybody have any experiences when it comes to seasoning in the Quake and/or Cycling it? I just got a 2021 swirly Quake in, and gave it a couple test throws against my current OS mid staple, a lucid- Verdict. The Quake flies very similarly if not the exact same, but I like the way it feels in the hand a bit better. Its rim is also slightly wider, and nose a little less squared off and aerodynamic.

Do these things beat into nice long and stable fliers? Ideally I'd want to minimize my mods where I have like 2-3 Quakes for OS to straight shots and then like 1-2 Hexes for straight to understable shots.

My FF has been in the bag for five years and only lost a little bit of stability. It would take a long time to beat it to straight. I bag an overstable run of Buzzz as the next step down.

Yeah currently I bag some a pretty stable Z Buzzz as my next step down from that Lucid-X Verdict/ Quake slot. What does FF mean?

I threw my buddy's Quake a few times off the tee today for giggles. Damned good disc. <3

There was that discussion about "Zone+", well...I think it's this one.

I think it's wise to commit to a disc that feels great and flies great at first blush...I'm going to have to think on this one. I hate adding a new disc.

Latest posts