• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Sparkle Hurricane

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
I'm glad that I can get my grubby hands on this thing. Can't order until tomorrow morning though :( I'm assuming it will be more stable than the First Flight Hurricanes.

Will report back next week after testing.

Last edited:
I have. It is DEFINITELY more stable than the First Flight Hurricanes. And even more stable than the regular Pro Lines which are more stable than the First Flights. I like the First Flights myself, but I don't have more than 320 feet of distance. I feel like the First flights fly like Rogues on steroids. :) A few of them from the Steady Ed Tour this year have popped up on eBay for cheaper than the Am Worlds fundraiser discs, just an fyi.

Cool man good info. I just got my Sparkle clear one. I dyed it Fuchsia so I could find it easier. Only thrown it 5 times. More stable than my First Flight and VERY flat.
I like it so far after only 5 throws in a head wind.

I love the sparkle hurricane, I would agree that it is a bit more stable than the pro line but not much more. I know the ratings don't stack up evenly but it really flies like a slightly worn destroyer.

i don't what run of hurricane i have but i love mine. its great for max d in windy conditions. also benfts got it right by saying it flies like a destroyer. when thrown at full speed it turns slightly to the right.

I've got a Sparkle Orange Dela Masters Cup 9/10 Hurricane. Only thrown in grass field 4 times. I'm working on getting picture to post in Marketplace but my Photobucket is being stupid. Let me know if you want this beauty... 174g

I picked up one of the signature sp hurricanes yesterday. It flies between my nuke and force. When I threw it in a headwind, it turned a little but not as much as my nuke did. It is staying in my bag.

I am so interested in the hurricane as a distance driver... I just wish I had the arm to throw them. I recently started getting my rocs out to 350 so maybe I can put a fairway or two out there and start throwing big distance drivers before the end of summer.

I am so interested in the hurricane as a distance driver... I just wish I had the arm to throw them. I recently started getting my rocs out to 350 so maybe I can put a fairway or two out there and start throwing big distance drivers before the end of summer.
Then try a sparkle rogue, or the new first flight undertow(which im loving right now). that should keep you busy until its time to pick up a hurricane.

I love the sparkle hurricane, I would agree that it is a bit more stable than the pro line but not much more. I know the ratings don't stack up evenly but it really flies like a slightly worn destroyer.

I was a destroyer guy for a long time, a few months ago my buddy picked up a SP Hurricane (worlds stamp) and I played a few holes with it. I never looked back, I ordered 2 of my own same stamp and I dont see myself changing drivers anytime soon.

It is a seasoned destroyer right out of the box. A small touch of high speed turn if you have a 400+ arm and a nice easy fade that allows for huge drives that you can put on a rope. If you have the arm for high speed stuff then I would recomend this disc for sure.

It has fit perfectly into my bag of 3 high speed drivers between my CFR GLO Destroyer (super beefy) and my OLS.

I dont have any experience with other plastic hurricanes only the SP worlds run, but I wont be changing drivers since I have been stocking up on backups. I can honestly say it added about 20-30ft of consistant length to my open hole bombs.

GREAT DISC:thmbup:

Dude if you can throw rocs 350 you have the power to throw fast discs, lol. I love how you're methodically building your game, much props, BUT throwing those fast drivers still will require a learning curve after you add them in. It's not plug-and-play distance after discing down.

SP Hurricanes are in the Champ/Star Destroyer range of stability. They are definitely more overstable than ProLine 'canes. They're a good speed 12 distance driver, and they have a slightly smaller rim than the speed 13's but fly about the same distance for me. So if you don't dig Nuke-sized rims they're a good option.

I love my sp hurricane, got my longest ace with it, and sp rogues. Just ordered a sp undertow, I think they were only released in the last day or so

Latest posts