• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR History and growth

These guys from the early days are still around:

• threeputt (#58)
  • tomschillin (#60)
  • Olorin (#74) --but I mostly just lurk these days.
  • dave242 (#142)

I think one of the most important things this site provides is simple good design. Sadly disc golf as a whole is plagued with a low production value... wish I could get paid to do all of it :) any takers?

All hail timg!! He creates websites, dishes out justice, adds sponsors, bans a-holes, and single-handedly quiets storms. He is a DG GOD and PROPHET!!

When you put it that way I feel like a tool for abandoning this forum for the first 6 months or so cause it wasn't active enough.

Having me around then probably would have been detrimental to its growth cause anything not course related I probably would have linked to an answer on DGR.

DGCR ID# 18. My first Post was 6-3-2007 and my 7th post was 5-26-2010. . . There was a year in there I didn't post at DGR either, or really play much...

Thanks Timg, although there is a lot of crazy over here, I still like it, job especially well done on the homepage.

Here are a few numbers to consider (as of 11/5/2010):

7,213 - Total Feedback
764 - Members Rated

1,321 - Total Feedback for the top 10 iTraders
18% - Portion of total feedback held by the top 10 iTraders
1.3% - Portion of total members rated held by the top 10 iTraders

So, to summarize, roughly 1/6th of the recorded Marketplace transactions are performed by less than 2% of rated members on this site.

Since joining this has been my go to sight for all things disc golf! Somebody at my local course turned me on to it. Keep spreading the word!

I believe it's been almost exactly a year since we got our first Gold TR, The Valkyrie Kid. Today he's one of three diamond TRs, and we have 40 gold members.

and today we got the 3 premium levels :) that is notable for our DGCR wiki-thread. (I don't feel like searching when gold was started)