• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR meet up - Texas (Part 2)

ANSWER BOTH QUESTIONS PLEASE!

• Total voters
What time are we meeting at Circle R? and what time are we playing at?

It is a haul to go down and back in the same day from Fort Worth and I would like to hit another course that day. If I car pool, times are going to be important. Thanks.

I'll get their Friday night to camp, and then start playing first thing in the morning.

Ok but at what time in the morning. Do we have a tee off time to start or anything? Or a planned time for a group round?

Honestly, I was going to play it by ear since the number isn't final until that day. Sunrise is at 7:00AM, so I figure that enough time to get up, have some food - and be on the course by 8. We'll probably hash out more arrangements on Friday night at the site about how we might do group play, or playing what course at what time. (possible doubles, or skins) that sort of thing. We'll be there all day, so you don't have to rush to get in at a certain start time.

As far as food - we are packing in and packing out since it'll be cheaper and easiest. I haven't ever asked about possible food arrangements, would you like me too?

I'll bring my travel tag for sure. Don't know about everyone else, but I would assume if they have one - they'll bring it.

My tag will be coming too. Thanks for the updates too, BTW.

Thread Bump!

Okay - Now that April is here, here are the logistics.

Camping = $10 Friday night. Please get there after 6:30, because they are driving out from the city to let us in.

Playing = 10$ All Day Saturday - wraps up around 6PM

Based on the number of people who have PM'ed me and voted - I have told her a minimum of ten people for camping and ten people for playing. Basically, I'm guaranteeing 200$ for their effort. However, I'm hoping for more than 10 for camping and I'm definitely hoping for over 20 for playing.

Put it like this. The waterfalls are flowing from the rain, and the bluebonnets are out. The weather is perfect, and with the rain next week - I'm sure the waterfalls will keep flowing. Bottom line - this is the perfect time of year to play here and after the Doubles tournament, the course is trimmed and in great shape. You owe it to yourself to make this trip, I mean what more excuses do you need.

One more week people!!! :clap: Make your plans and come out!! To recap some things people where wondering about: yes, bring those travel tags!

Food: Pack it in and pack it out. They have picnic tables and allow coolers with good beverages, but please be responsible. You don't want to bring food - no problem, you have anything from a Subway to Pizza Hut and BBQ no more than 10 minutes from the course.

Start times: Sun is up at 7, and I will be on the course by 8 I'm sure. Some people expressed interested in something more formal and if people want we could set up a winner take all 5$ buy in doubles round later in the day. Nothing set in stone, but certainly things to think about.

See you there!!!

Im about 50/50 if I can go or not. Im getting married the following week plus the DG Shop we just started is keeping me busy. However, Im going to try my best to still make it Sat. Either way Im sure its going to be nothing but good times!

I'm pretty sure I'm 100% in. Come on jgillia, I'm getting hitched the next weekend too. We gotta go out there and show where our priorities are!

I'm pretty sure I'm 100% in. Come on jgillia, I'm getting hitched the next weekend too. We gotta go out there and show where our priorities are!

This is very true. Its more of me getting away from the shop than anything. I definitely want to get out there and toss cause I know its going to be a kick arse time

Just a weather update for Sat. the 17th according to weather.com

Precip
60%

High
78°F

Wind: From SE at 11 mph

Max. Humidity: 67%

UV Index: 6 High

Sunrise: 7:03 AM CT

I know, I just looked at the 10-day forecast. Keep the faith brotha' - the storms will just pass by I'm sure.

Worst comes to worse - the waterfalls will be nice!

Any Fort Worth or nearby people who want to car pool, let me know. I plan on going down and back on the same day.

8 day forecast has it clearing up prior to Sat so yup waterfall should be kicking. Less than 20% chance of rain. That just means it'll be nice and cool.

And for those who can't make it...and those who can, Circle R also has the World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend out there the 1st of May. That was a LOT of fun last year. Tons of free Fat Tire for those who like beer. And a bunch of ring of fire chances and raffles. John Houck really does it up right out there.

If the forecast stays that way I will be there. Ive become somewhat of a fairweather golfer over the years, so unless its a tourney I try not to play in the rain anymore.

I sure hope it does cause this meetup at Circle R is going to be a blasty blast!!