• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR meet up - Texas (Part 2)

ANSWER BOTH QUESTIONS PLEASE!

• Total voters
I will be there if its possible as Im getting married April 25th and will going on a cruise for the following seven days. However if I can go I will be there no doubt. Circle R is one of my favorite places to be.

Well, at least the wedding isn't the 17th - think how pissed she'd be then! :D

Knowing if we could camp is important and would help with the answer since its alot cheaper to camp and you dont have to drive far away to a hotel

I'd probably be able to make either date, but would prefer April purely for the heat factor. If we can camp that would also be better in April.

Okay, I know I know - only 11 have voted, but that's enough to get the ball rolling since weekends during that time of year fill up fast.

So...Here's the deal.

We are officially on the calendar for April 17th. This is a good thing and here's why - first the weather is cooler, the course should be in great shape in prep for world's largest, and they are able to opening it up Friday evening for anyone interesting in camping. You can't play actually Friday, but you'll be set for Saturday.

Also, as if you needed more incentive to come. As I was talking to the owner, I told her we were coming from all over, and she asked if I was the one getting the DGCR group together. I told her yes, and she said well then let's see if can surprise you and make it a little more special. I didn't inquire further, just thanked her, hung up, and started writing like a giddy little school girl.

So, they know who we are, and I'm pretty sure this is going to be an awesome experience. Sorry if April doesn't work out - really June was better in many ways for me too - however I urge you - like I did, to start working on those schedules now. You won't regret it.

Please PM me if you are 100% going as well as if you are camping. I'll need rough numbers to give them as we get closer to the date. Also, you have until the end of March to get me this info - so no rush. But...don't wait until the last minute either!

Counting the days!!!

Awesomesauce. Thanks 4 putting this thing together. I'm 100% in.

I do have a few questions... Can we not play a glow round Friday night? And also, I'm guessing It'll be $5 for camping and $10 to play on Saturday?? Will we be able to camp on Saturday night as well for those who travel a ways?

I'm in! I really appreciate this.

Im 95% sure Im there! Hell Im there every time they are open anyway might as well make it with some fellow golfers from all over.

It just means that we all need to be at the 2nd meet. :D

Speaking of - so now that you've moved up from good ol' Wyoming to the great state of Texas - are you in? I mean, your even in Austin for pete's sake, couldn't be that hard right. :D

Speaking of - so now that you've moved up from good ol' Wyoming to the great state of Texas - are you in? I mean, your even in Austin for pete's sake, couldn't be that hard right. :D

I wouldn't miss it.

I know I must have missed out on location talk but for the next one I would like to nominate College Station because its in the middle of the triangle.

Can anyone say multiple tag swap?

Bump, for those of you TX folk who didn't know about this or had forgotten. It should be absolutely beautiful out there w/ all the rain we've had recently & I'd be shocked if the waterfall on the meadow course isn't kickin at full force. :)

It's only two months away as of today....

I'll do my best to be there. I'll be moving out to Austin in March and am looking forward to hopefully meeting some new golfing buddies to show me the ropes of the area.

*backswing