• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR meet up - Texas (Part 2)

ANSWER BOTH QUESTIONS PLEASE!

• Total voters
We got there around 10:10... It was misting. At 10:15 it stopped misting and didn't rain on us at all the rest of the round. Sun even came out during the 2nd round. I got a tan. Tees were pretty muddy though so it was hard to get a good pull of the tee boxes...at least that's the excuse I'm using. But all in all it was awesome out there. Slight cool breeze and 70F. Can't beat it. Played with DiscChucker on both courses and had a blast.

Well, World's Biggest on May 1st will beat it but other than that, can't beat it.

Dude, where were you, we were out there playin in the rain...Played with srm 20 and Miller, and had 2 great rounds.

Good times! It was weird to have a "Texas" DGCR meet in Austin camping with just one other Houston group. hmm... Oh well, it rained good at first, but it dried out, was perfect by round #2, and it really was an awesome time. Thanks Trampy, Rachel, and Trip for enjoying some hard earned rounds together!

We saw a fair amount of people out there, but they were with a different group, too bad we couldn't meet up with more. Got to take our picture with John Houck, so that was pretty cool.

Gonna have to do it again next year - rain or shine people!!! Miller and I think we need to make it a weekend next time - get there Friday evening, play Saturday and Sunday and head out then. Live and learn.

Thanks again!

Post if you were out there, I would like to know who braved the elements and made it a day.

Wow! That's all I can say. Circle R has two exceptional courses. The weather couldn't have been better. It was a real blast out there. As Dude stated we played both courses. Dude and his friend Jesus are an absolute riot to golf with.

I briefly met Frizzle Tossler while I was on Rolling Meadows #1 fairway and he and a friend were on #8's fairway. Sorry, Frizzle I tried to catch up to you guys but a few of my errant throws put me back a bit. Let me know if you would like to meet up for a round in the next couple of days. I'm down for Bart if that's convenient for you.

I met quite a few people out there but other than Dude and Frizzle Tossler I didn't run into any other DGCR members. :( In hindsight I should have PM'd my cell number or got some of the cell numbers of you guys that were going out there. Oh well, a lesson learned.

Anybody going to be at Circle R tomorrow?

Also, my travel tag is wanting a new owner.

I hated the weather gamble! Damn it! Oh well, I just hope I can do it next time. If we plan ahead enough, I will take vaca for it for sure.

srm_520,
Did you need me to send you $10 for my no show or did they get enough money to make it OK?

They opened it to the public, and there was another big group there - so it was fine. You can always give me 10$ though - I won't complain. ;)

In fact, Dee only charged us 5$ for camping since we only stayed one night, so it all worked out.

Jesus and I started around 10:20, played 4 holes then went back to the start and met DiscChunker. Played the Meadow then the Hill.

Sorry we didn't run into more people. Though we did have a mini meet up today at Manor. Had a blast. random draw doubles with 8 people.

Wow! That's all I can say. Circle R has two exceptional courses. The weather couldn't have been better. It was a real blast out there. As Dude stated we played both courses. Dude and his friend Jesus are an absolute riot to golf with.

I briefly met Frizzle Tossler while I was on Rolling Meadows #1 fairway and he and a friend were on #8's fairway. Sorry, Frizzle I tried to catch up to you guys but a few of my errant throws put me back a bit. Let me know if you would like to meet up for a round in the next couple of days. I'm down for Bart if that's convenient for you.

I met quite a few people out there but other than Dude and Frizzle Tossler I didn't run into any other DGCR members. :( In hindsight I should have PM'd my cell number or got some of the cell numbers of you guys that were going out there. Oh well, a lesson learned.

Anybody going to be at Circle R tomorrow?

Also, my travel tag is wanting a new owner.

Hey man,

I tried to pm you, but I guess your inbox is full. Sorry we missed you on Saturday. We actually called it a day after we finished up #9 on the Meadows course. If you're still in town & wanna toss a round today, I could play around 4:30 or 5 given that the weather holds up. Is there any course in town that you haven't gotten to play that's on your wishlist? Circle C, Manor, & Austin Ridge Bible church are most likely the best in town.

Feel free to give me call if you'd like to play two-one-four-eight-six-nine-four five-zero-seven.

Adam

Yeah, it was fun times out @ Circle R on Saturday. Rained hard the whole drive out, but stopped when we got there a little after 11:00am. The dude in the proshop said the DGCR group had just started on the hill course when we got there, but he must have gotten the two groups mixed up :( Wish we could've met up w/ some of you guys.

It turned out to be a beautiful day. We only got rained on for maybe 2 or 3 minutes & I've never seen so many wildflowers out there. Even got to (voluntarily) go swimming on the signature waterfall hole (#7 Meadows) for about an hour or so. Worlds Biggest should be a blast out there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for putting this thing together srm520 :)

So, exactly how many of us were out there? I know srm520, Miller , and myself... Frizzle, DiscChucker, and Dude, anyone else?