• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Mobile

At 75% zoom in landscape mode in the browser it fits perfectly (no scrolling needed) and is readable.

Very cool, thanks. Looks like 200% scale to the iPhone dimensions works well for at least 2 phones. Going to work on some local maps when I get some time. Actually not too difficult to work up if I have an existing map to base it on (arial map w/baskets & tees marked) so if anyone has a list of some of the bigger or more popular courses that could benefit most from these, let me know.

Also, it does have the Lat/Long on there but I think that is it easier to use (at least for my GPS) for them to be in decimal form.

39.858950, -105.018800(Decimal) vs. 39° 51' 32" N, 105° 1' 7" W(Degree)

Also, it does have the Lat/Long on there but I think that is it easier to use (at least for my GPS) for them to be in decimal form.

My car only lets me put in lat/lon in DMS format and I think most GPS units that allow decimal will let you put it in using DMS (I know Garmins do) which is why I went with that format.

I thought about adding both but didn't want to clutter things up too much. Also, nearby/onsite courses are in.

AWESOME!!! I was waiting for this..... This is becoming one classy site! I have learned so much here. Thanks Tim and everyone who contributes! I own a BB Storm and am so jazzed about this! WTG

It looks great on Windows Mobile 6. I think the map zoom level is perfect. Such a great idea Tim.

My car only lets me put in lat/lon in DMS format and I think most GPS units that allow decimal will let you put it in using DMS (I know Garmins do) which is why I went with that format.

I thought about adding both but didn't want to clutter things up too much. Also, nearby/onsite courses are in.

Tim,

Chalk up another preference for decimal GPS coords. But you're the king so if you can only use DMS I can live with it.

Also, the default search on the mobile page includes extinct courses. I'm thinking it's better for them to be excluded in mobile searches, especially since the mobile page for them has no indication that they are extinct.

Tim,

Chalk up another preference for decimal GPS coords. But you're the king so if you can only use DMS I can live with it.

Also, the default search on the mobile page includes extinct courses. I'm thinking it's better for them to be excluded in mobile searches, especially since the mobile page for them has no indication that they are extinct.
Removed the extinct courses.. didn't realize that was happening. I'll look into the decimal thing and see if I can squeeze it in somehow.

Works awesome! Thanks for setting this up....it will make road trips much easier, and enjoyable.

I have no idea how hard it would be, or if it is even possible, but it would be great if there was a "find course near current location" search. Although the zip code search is easy enough.

Thanks for all the hard work....I love this site.

(Trying not to sound too spoiled...) For those of us that don't have internet on our phones, but would still love the portability feature. Any thoughts on a self-contained download with this same info? Way back when the old PDGA course directory had a Palm download. Maybe something similar... (I know, asking for the moon here, especially when it's only a matter of time before everyone has internet on the phone/car/wrist/etc...)

(Trying not to sound too spoiled...) For those of us that don't have internet on our phones, but would still love the portability feature. Any thoughts on a self-contained download with this same info? Way back when the old PDGA course directory had a Palm download. Maybe something similar... (I know, asking for the moon here, especially when it's only a matter of time before everyone has internet on the phone/car/wrist/etc...)

I'm curious: what device would you download the device to? What format would it be in?

Well, I have a WinMo phone, but I could see an iPhone app too. Basically just a searchable database that has directions, course description, maybe a map.

Well, I have a WinMo phone, but I could see an iPhone app too. Basically just a searchable database that has directions, course description, maybe a map.

So no data plan on the WinMo phone? What format would the database need to be in to be accessible on your phone?

The iPhone app is a whole other beast. I am actually looking into developing iPhone apps, reading a primer book on it now. If it looks like something I can do, I'll be talking to Tim about stuff ;)