• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Players Top 5 Discs

captain jack

* Ace Member *
I did a search of the discs that all of you in the U.S. show in your bags right now.
I was curious about what everyone actually carries and throws, not what they have in boxes or on the wall.

The top 5 most popular discs carried by the members here right now, are:

1) Aviar

2) Wraith

3) Valkyrie

4) Roc

5) Buzzz

I could be wrong on these, I only searched for what I thought were the most popular discs, please feel free to correct it, or add the next 5.

What are the numbers for each? I would have thought the TeeBird would've been top 5 over the Wraith or the Valk.

the count was almost 30K discs in record....

i wonder if we could get the mods to give us that list in a list....
it would be quite intriguing to see the stats and numbers. As a primarily innova guy, i'd be intrigued about the Disccraft and Gateway numbers.
Popularity should be an indicator to a successful disc.

we have a lot of people who use this forum for information, read the forums but never post.

mods: can i get the list?
i am very proficient with databases and sql sorting. it would be a lot of fun sorting the list. :D

That's interesting. Too bad not everyone takes the time to enter the discs they carry on their disc organizer. If one person has multiples of the same disc in their bag, wouldn't that skew the results too? I've never done a search like that, so I wouldn't know.
What about all the people that mispell Buzzz with only two z's? ...haha...just did the search myself and a little over 1100 Buzzzes came up. Then on a search for Buzz, over 1500 came up.

Last edited:
Not a single one of those is in my bag either. Man, I suck.

I have the Wraith (I live or die by this for my driver) and the Valk for long turnovers and some straight throws. Tried the Aviar and ROC and they suck. Never have thrown a Buzz.

That's cool, I carry the Wraith, Valkyrie, and Roc. The only one I use the most is the Roc for most of my mid range shots and short drives. The valk was my go to driver at the beginning of the summer but now I throw Destroyers and Boss'.

What are the numbers for each? I would have thought the TeeBird would've been top 5 over the Wraith or the Valk.

Ok, I used the disc browser function , which is a sticky at the top of the page in the Marketplace section.

I searched U.S. members only, there maybe some more Lat 64 users in Sweden, and I'm sure Discrafts numbers would be bumped up in Canada.

Using these guidelines, I came up with

1231 Aviar users

1147 Wraith

953 Valkyrie

939 Roc

922 Buzzz

Using only correct spelling, the Teebird came in at 619, far behind the Beast at 732, and the Destroyer at 778.

Leopard 644
Sidewinder 599
Boss 595
Orc 516
Shark 502
Avenger 471
Surge 462
Firebird 437
Eagle 407
Monarch 323
Groove 312
Starfire 310
Roadrunner 274

That's interesting. Too bad not everyone takes the time to enter the discs they carry on their disc organizer. If one person has multiples of the same disc in their bag, wouldn't that skew the results too? I've never done a search like that, so I wouldn't know.
What about all the people that mispell Buzzz with only two z's? ...haha...just did the search myself and a little over 1100 Buzzzes came up. Then on a search for Buzz, over 1500 came up.

Like I said in the first post, I only checked on discs I thought would be most popular, based on the threads in here and on other sites. There are too many people that cant spell in this country , so lots of errors do occur, I found
690 people showed they carried a " Buzz", but I'm not sure they are talking about a disc. :\

I did check on some Gateway discs, they obviously make popular putters, like

Magic 102
Wizard 343
Voodoo 87
Warlock 71

I see alot of Millenium Omegas' on the course
142 of you claim to have one of those in your bag.

Only 109 Gazelle users, that is surprising to me.

Interesting numbers. Roc and Buzzz battling it out for supremacey. Though Buzzz and Buzz together may be much higher.

Suprised not to see Wasp, Comet, Coyote, Cobra, etc and some of the other mids.

Gazelle may be low as it is "rumored" to be OOP. Plus, it's "old school" like the Cyclone.

The overwhelming majority goes to the distance drivers. Some would argue there should be much higher numbers in the fairway catagory and much less in the distance one.

Thanks for crunching the numbers. It is interesting to see what's out there.

I did a search of the discs that all of you in the U.S. show in your bags right now.
I was curious about what everyone actually carries and throws, not what they have in boxes or on the wall.

The top 5 most popular discs carried by the members here right now, are:

1) Aviar
2) Wraith
3) Valkyrie
4) Roc
5) Buzzz

Sounds like my current bag. I have 19 discs currently in my bag. 9 of them come from this list.

5 Aviars of different age/wear, plastic & mold. (I'll probably end up carrying just 3 Aviars and am practicing with the different types currently.)
2 Rocs of different age/wear
1 Valkyrie
1 Wraith

Once I get out on the practice field when the snow's gone, my bag may change up a little as I got a new Wraith and Buzzz from Christmas that might just make the short list.

1. Wizard
2. Core
3. Cro
4. Leopard
5. Teebird

5 discs that don't need any duplicates with different age or wear.

As far as model name unity, maybe having all disc names listed in a drop down menu after you pick the manufacturer (similar to Discaroo) so you can choose the name of the disc.

It is interesting to see what others throw and what older disc models continue to be thrown.

I have all 5 of those discs in my bag, and between the roc, the buzz, the aviar and the wraith, that's at least 3/4 of my shots (most of the rest are with a leopard or eagle).

If you use google spreadsheets, anyone can go into list view and sort it however they want, you could just pick whatever default sort seems to make the most sense (probably popularity). If you're feeling ambitious, break it down into putters, mids, fairways, and distance drivers, then you can just copy them all into one big list to see how they stack up against one another.

What I mean is categories. For example. manufacturer, model for sure. but would you want plastic, weight, condition, bagged or loose.

Latest posts