• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT- 2018 Discraft Great Lakes Open

Wow.

Paul McBeth could have shot even par yesterday and he'd still be on the lead card tomorrow with today's round. That's unreal.

That's better than his round at Fountain Hills. Better than his round at Maple Hill. Don't care if the ratings say otherwise, that was the best round ever.

I'll of course have to wait to see the video, but it's hard for me to say it's better than maple hill. Definitely fountain though.

Anyone know what the old course record was? He beat the course record by 5 at maple.

I honestly thought my video had frozen on hole 16, during Niko's putt. Seemed to take a lot of time and practice motions for a complete miss. I'm a bad putter and I could have missed that far without all the line up, reposition, line up, reposition, and line up. Then reposition and line up again

Last edited:
I'll of course have to wait to see the video, but it's hard for me to say it's better than maple hill. Definitely fountain though.

Anyone know what the old course record was? He beat the course record by 5 at maple.

I think it's a new layout, and the previous record was set yesterday at -11. That's what Nikko shot today, losing 7 shots to McBeth.

"My goodness, did you see what he did!" --- Larry Munson, UGA football radio commentator, after a great play.

I thought of just those words when McBeast nailed that putt on the 18th to secure the -18 round. My goodness, did you see what McBeast did. It may not be the highest rated round ever, but it's hard to suggest a better one. And watching it live made it even better, so thanks for the live coverage.

Would you say this is like a 27 up 27 down no hitter with a walk and double play? Or is this a perfect game?

There is no freaking way that -17 down at fountain is harder than what he just did... I mean I don't quite remember how windy it was that day but still...

There is no freaking way that -17 down at fountain is harder than what he just did... I mean I don't quite remember how windy it was that day but still...

add in the "pressure" of live coverage...not that he feels it, obviously, but many people would say that adds to the difficulty I bet.

Would you say this is like a 27 up 27 down no hitter with a walk and double play? Or is this a perfect game?

27 up, 27 down... he had that eagle, so if he'd birdied the 10th, it would've been 19 down.

Also, good sportsmanship by the other players on his card, coming over and congratulating him before they completed the hole themselves.

McBeast made Toboggan look like a damned pitch'n'putt today. I was spotting on #2, and it was a real treat to watch him play that hole almost to perfection for an Eagle 3. After the lead card came through, I was able to follow it around for most of the rest of the course, and I swear, the guy never had a bad shot.

The only reason I say, "almost to perfection," is that someone a few cards earlier hit can around the pole on their 2nd shot... damn near got a 2 on a 720 ft hole up a sledding hill.

Nikko's roller on 12 was the most entertaining shot I saw all day. It was freakin beautiful... stopped a bit outside the circle. Then Paul forehanded an AJ Destroyer into the circle.

IIRC, it was a perfect day, with no wind. And that's one of the reasons WHY he was able to score so well. (Other than his mad talent)

I was interested in seeing video from this tourney, but now it's a MUST watch.

Could someone let me know what time FPO lead card tees off tomorrow?

I'm just getting back from spending most of the day there. Caught up with FPO lead card today at hole 12. Than bounced around till Paul and company teed off. What a pleasure it was to follow his card today. I was just a few feet from him on many of his drives. So much more exciting and fun than I thought. The entire card was awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow .

Latest posts