• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Memorial Championship

might be kind of surprising, but I totally agree. I was more pissed for Smashboxx than I was upset about how it worked out for us. They ALREADY went in house, and did it at a crazy discounted rate. Then Steve just chucks em to the side. THEN when their plan falls apart at the last minute JVD still rescues them by running the switching. JVD I hope you tripled your rates.

Cool, haven't listened yet.

Lol, I'm post #82 and I'll be the first to mention the play of the golfers. The coverage getting that much negative attention is not good.

Cool to see six women tied at even after one round. PP lurking at only one back even with 5 OB throws. So many OB pars. The rest of the field might pay for not building a bigger lead on Paige during a round where she made plenty of mistakes.

Back to coverage discussion with a question: Are the FPO and MPO feature cards going to be post-produced in addition to live? Are they trying to use the same cameras for both? If so, that's going to go terribly.

Putting a positive spin on things...once they reset the stream, things seemed to work much better. Holes 12 through 18 were problem free (except the hole info graphics kept re-setting to hole 1). Hopefully whatever issues they were having have been solved. It's just a shame that such kinks weren't worked out in a test broadcast rather than having to do it on the fly live.

Looking forward to the MPO round now.

Putting a positive spin on things...once they reset the stream, things seemed to work much better. Holes 12 through 18 were problem free (except the hole info graphics kept re-setting to hole 1). Hopefully whatever issues they were having have been solved. It's just a shame that such kinks weren't worked out in a test broadcast rather than having to do it on the fly live.

Looking forward to the MPO round now.

Agreed. It's not like they have 3-4 months to test their new venture and that the venue was in a public park where they can walk up whenever they want to do it.

Obviously being sarcastic and this isn't directed towards you - just completely over all things Steve Dodge.

Agreed. It's not like they have 3-4 months to test their new venture and that the venue was in a public park where they can walk up whenever they want to do it.

Obviously being sarcastic and this isn't directed towards you - just completely over all things Steve Dodge.

So I am guessing there won't be any DGPT events in North Carolina anytime soon?

Looks to be low scoring conditions out there. Sias Elmore in at -12, Philo at -11, Nikko, Brinster, Patrick Brown and others at -10. Cale -8 through 13 holes.

I bet the leader comes in at least -15 today. Might hit -16

what am I missing, I'm only finding a vid for the first nine holes.

Looks the re-set video of the back half of the round is re-rendering or something. That's usually the case for live videos...they disappear for a little bit after the stream ends and then pop back up later.

Looks to be low scoring conditions out there. Sias Elmore in at -12, Philo at -11, Nikko, Brinster, Patrick Brown and others at -10. Cale -8 through 13 holes.

I bet the leader comes in at least -15 today. Might hit -16
They've been watching McBeth's record 1132 round (-17, 39) video over and over to learn how to match or beat it.

At least you have Buzz now. VT hasn't been this good since Ace Custis led them to the NIT championships in 95'.

Yup, for now. I think he's probably gone after this year, though.

Like DGPT's in-house coverage, hopefully.

Yup, for now. I think he's probably gone after this year, though.

Like DGPT's in-house coverage, hopefully.

And we've come full circle. Really hoping they are scrambling hard to get this stuff figured out for MPO this afternoon. It will have more eyes on it than FPO did.

Posted by dgpRob on Reddit:

9otcnox25dj21.jpg

this afternoon is noticeably better. Still tons of room to improve, but at least this is watchable. I had to turn off this mornings coverage.

Latest posts