• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Texas State Championship Mar 24-27

It's a loamy sand, and fairly cohesive when the grass has had a chance to get growing. The dry winter combined with all the foot traffic recently (both last week and this one, with an 260-participant A-Tier being hosted at the same property) means that it is unlikely that grass will get a footing this year unless someone makes a large effort to rest and reseed the fairways after these events.

It's a loamy sand, and fairly cohesive when the grass has had a chance to get growing. The dry winter combined with all the foot traffic recently (both last week and this one, with an 260-participant A-Tier being hosted at the same property) means that it is unlikely that grass will get a footing this year unless someone makes a large effort to rest and reseed the fairways after these events.

This makes sense especially if some of the sandy areas have been compacted by foot traffic.

Jomez R1B9 Hole 12.

There you go.

I watched and I saw a skip, no sand that would make the skip unpredictable. Macbeth knew his shot would skip, that's why he did that. But it sure didn't look like sand to me. Maybe dry dirt.

I watched and I saw a skip, no sand that would make the skip unpredictable. Macbeth knew his shot would skip, that's why he did that. But it sure didn't look like sand to me. Maybe dry dirt.

Dirt Baby!

Sandy Sand!!!!!

Yes, the sandy soil 200 feet away was an entirely separate terrain.

Amazing phenomenon.

Now try McBeth's shot in R1B9 #10 Jomez coverage.

Amazing phenomenon.

Lol, I forget what point we are trying to make here.

All I know and care about is there were a ton of great shots and it was a fun tourney to watch.

Amazing phenomenon.

OK, I just watched this one too as I'm having my morning coffee.

It is just as I suspected, very open to interpretation and nothing conclusive.

On McBeth's shot the first skip was off the grass, the second skip hit sand and immediately slowed down. The disc didn't go more than 10 feet afterward. On normal terrain, it would have done exactly what Orum's shot did and flew 20 - 30 feet past the basket.

Last edited:
Sounds like a gallery that could have fit in the woods… maybe even at a place like… Dogwood.

DISC GOLF IS PLAYED IN THE WOODS

Have scalpers become a thing? I know our tourney at Idlewild still has tickets for all days available but I've not really looked at what's happening nationally.

No you could not. I was there and paid for vip so i could go in the woods. Probably 80 vips and on the five or so holes in the woods i could only actually see the drives on two of them. Ita tight back there. Several holes where the spectator/walking path is 90 degrees to the tee box and fairway. So you can see the motion but cant see the flight of the disc.

Latest posts