• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Idlewild Open driven by Innova & The Nati Aug 7-9

I second that.
Val's commentary makes it tough for me to listen to. She speaks so slo-o-o-o-owly. She needs to switch from 33rpm to 45.

And not every good drive is an "absolute crush!"

Agree on both. I want to support FPO, but that was very difficult to watch.

It is quite impressive to me that not only did Eagle win back to back DGPT events, but they are totally different. Toboggan being more open, where distance power is rewarded, whereas Idlewild rewards staying the heck on the fairway and hitting tighter lines with power. Two quite different skillsets. I think he is here to stay. His putting looked quite solid today. And as someone said earlier--that drive on 10--just sick.

I think PM's drive on 17 was an eagle attempt flat out, he knew he was back 2, and how tough it is to birdie 18. Just missed his line, and at that point he knew it was over, since from his position even birdie was likely out. I think hole 13 is where he basically lost it. Couple more feet right he probably easily birdies that hole. He definitely was pushing after that. Those teeth sure did show up today!

Even more impressive... is that until event week, he hadn't played either course...

This isn't going to sit well with Paige or Paul.
Bet both of them win Ledgestone. They both have the right mental toughness to bounce back and remind everyone of their dominance.

Too bad Eagle won't be there... he's been on a year and playing some really great golf.

This isn't going to sit well with Paige or Paul.
Bet both of them win Ledgestone. They both have the right mental toughness to bounce back and remind everyone of their dominance.

Too bad Eagle won't be there... he's been on a year and playing some really great golf.

sounds good jamie

;)

Strange to se the two "wierd FH form" players on top in FPO. . .and two of the shortest distance of the tee

But Paige throws as many OBs on ONLY hole 17 as Hokom and Widboom did in total!! . . 5 OBs on ONE hole!!

17 OBs for Paige . . .5 for Hokom and Widboom. . .that´s 12 more and she looses by 4 throws
I know "play safe" is not Paiges thing..but come on! . . .a least "play safer"

Uh, not quite, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Players are required to watch, but there is nothing that says they need to always be in the best position to see everything.

If they simply weren't looking that would be a courtesy violation.

Another useless PDGA rule that will never....ever.....be called out by a touring pro.

You might want to check your facts on that. Or get a fresh answer.

Its right there on the FDGA pages. I am content to trusting that, until newer info comes to light.

Rarely do I have the energy to go into meta discussion but this just irks me enough.

Lately (or hs it been always?) your discussion style seems to be a lot of seemingly holier than thou comments that still do not bring new info into the discussion, just offhanded jabs that somewhere there may be information, if you're not stupid enough to find it. Its not a competition about whos smart.

Like:

-whats 2+2?

Steve: Look into a maths book.

(Logical answer with no hidden meanings: 4)

It looks like Paige is playing this course with the MPO mentality to "I can birdie every hole" ...and in MPO you have to play like that and birds 50% of the holes to win.

But in FPO par is enough to win....and I think if Paige goes in with the mentality to par every hole she can do that with ease and get a few bonus birdys a long the way

Last edited:
Paige might be the most aggressive player in the world, male or female. It burned her this tournament, but it has helped her win sooooo many others.

A few other thoughts...
1)Hole 17 seems gimmicky. Great for drama, not great for ensuring the best player wins.
2) Eagle pulled off something I didn't think he could do--win on a heavily wooded course. We'll see if it transfers to Maple Hill.
3) The live chat comments were just awful. I know it's the internet and all, but geez. If you call Paul McBeth a choker in any circumstance, you shouldn't be allowed to watch disc golf anymore.
4) Eagle's girlfriend works for NASA? Most people work at a car wash or grocery store at that age.

Paige might be the most aggressive player in the world, male or female. It burned her this tournament, but it has helped her win sooooo many others.

A few other thoughts...
1)Hole 17 seems gimmicky. Great for drama, not great for ensuring the best player wins.
2) Eagle pulled off something I didn't think he could do--win on a heavily wooded course. We'll see if it transfers to Maple Hill.
3) The live chat comments were just awful. I know it's the internet and all, but geez. If you call Paul McBeth a choker in any circumstance, you shouldn't be allowed to watch disc golf anymore.
4) Eagle's girlfriend works for NASA? Most people work at a car wash or grocery store at that age.

I feel it burns Paige more than it helps. . i don´t mind her beeing aggressive but she needs to learn to turn that down sometimes

I like hole 17, not often you see a hole that plays everything from 2-6 for the best players
and it is only a 127m par 4 . . so 40+40+40m and you are inside C1, and there are places to land safe
But the hole just screems "go on just go for it, i dare you"

How could Eagles girlfriend be allowed to be there? . . you can´t bring a caddie but you can bring a girlfriend?

Its right there on the FDGA pages. I am content to trusting that, until newer info comes to light.

Rarely do I have the energy to go into meta discussion but this just irks me enough.

Lately (or hs it been always?) your discussion style seems to be a lot of seemingly holier than thou comments that still do not bring new info into the discussion, just offhanded jabs that somewhere there may be information, if you're not stupid enough to find it. Its not a competition about whos smart.

Like:

-whats 2+2?

Steve: Look into a maths book.

(Logical answer with no hidden meanings: 4)

Yep, this is Steve West. I pretty much ignore his comments, they aren't worth much anyway.

I would love to see Paige play Idlewild with just her throwing putters and a putting putter. . i bet she would beat her score from this weekend..

I find it amazing there were (at least) two -14 rounds. I bet Fred does something about that.

How could Eagles girlfriend be allowed to be there? . . you can´t bring a caddie but you can bring a girlfriend?

That thought crossed my mind, too.

I also noticed Paige and Missy Gannon sitting right next to each other, waiting for the lead card to finish. Neither had their mask covering their face. All they had to do was put a bit of space between them.

I feel it burns Paige more than it helps. . i don´t mind her beeing aggressive but she needs to learn to turn that down sometimes

I like hole 17, not often you see a hole that plays everything from 2-6 for the best players
and it is only a 127m par 4 . . so 40+40+40m and you are inside C1, and there are places to land safe
But the hole just screems "go on just go for it, i dare you"

I saw her a couple times holding a gopro... so maybe she technically was media filming for his YT channel?

Paul blowing up a bit on hole 7... We've got a race now

WOW... Dickerson throws in an eagle from 140 on the KY hole. Will have the lead once Paul finishes his dubogey on 7. -12 thru 13 but he needs to get to at least -27 or -28 I think to have a chance to hold on.
I thought that outline looked like the Kentucky shape.

It was either poorly laid out or erosion has moved it.

Could be a social distancing issue. Maybe your caddie could be there but not carry your discs if you cohabit with them?

I find it amazing there were (at least) two -14 rounds. I bet Fred does something about that.

When you look at the winning scores from 2018 and especially 2017, it is very amazing. Pars were lower on a few holes then, but still.

Quite a few eagles out there this weekend, that would be easiest to remedy. That wider fairway on 16 seemed to really help.

Eagle parking hole 10 will not help future players. Not sure how to make some of these holes much harder, they all seem so difficult to birdie now. I think we are just seeing the entire sport raise its level of play.