• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Las Vegas Challenge Feb 25-28

What did he do? I saw him throw the upside down Tilt, but I think I missed everything after that.

Eagle had the win locked down, so he threw the Tilt, laid up, and then for his 'tap in' he decided to have some fun. He stood on one leg, lifted the other leg to the level of the basket, and flipped the disc under his leg into the basket.

Just a couple of fun throws at the end of the tournament.

Last edited:
The Las Vegas Challenge gave every player a hefty caddy book before the tournament. There are a lot of ground rules dealing with OB, re-teeing, drop zones, etc. I have played this event every year. Every year my groups routinely double check with the Caddy book on how to proceed if we have any questions. It is very simple and just takes a few extra seconds to be sure we are getting the calls right.

I was "disc"gusted to see how the lead card handled basic course rules questions on Sunday. Instead of one of the four players opening up the caddy book, they all stood aside and waited for Jeff Spring to make a ruling before anyone would take another shot. These are pretty simple rules that don't require the tour manager to make the call. Meanwhile, Nate Doss is in Oregon and can read his caddy book and explain exactly what the call should be before Jeff Spring finally comes around to officiate. Again, it was embarrassing to see how the top players in the game seemed unwilling to self-officiate on basic ground rules.

FYI - One of the holes where the lead group waited for a tour director call was Hole 6. The rules on Innova Hole #6 have been very similar every year. If disc does not land inbounds off the tee for any reason, player automatically proceeds to drop zone. Any subsequent OB is played by PDGA rules. It is NOT a tough rule to understand or implement. Why did this group wait for Jeff to rule after Paul went OB from the drop zone? Why didn't a single one of these top players pull out the caddy book and read it aloud for the group?

Is it so they don't look bad on camera for making a rules call on an opponent? Is it because there is bigger money on the line? It was a bad look for all of them not stepping up to read the caddy book and make the call.

That interaction was annoying to me as well. The caddie book is absolutely clear as day:
D.Z.: Disc must come to rest on island from tee. If any throw from tee out-of-bounds or lost, take one- stroke penalty & next shot from the Drop Zone. Follow normal penalty rules thereafter.

Eagle had the win locked down, so he threw the Tilt, laid up, and then for his 'tap in' he decided to have some fun. He stood on one leg, lifted the other leg to the level of the basket, and flipped the disc under his leg into the basket.

Just a couple of fun throws at the end of the tournament.

Yeah, I haven't historically been a big Eagle fan but I have noooo problem with that. He put on a dominating performance. He also seems to be maturing a little bit which is fun to see.

Meh.....not my style. But, I would have no problems with someone beating me acting silly.

Honest question, asked in good fun.....

Even if you wanted to, could you get your leg up higher enough to tap in a putt under it?

I'm not positive I could without a foot fault lol

Honest question, asked in good fun.....

Even if you wanted to, could you get your leg up higher enough to tap in a putt under it?

I'm not positive I could without a foot fault lol

Lol.....I am fat, but pretty flexible......so, no chance. :p

Latest posts