• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Waco Annual Charity Open Mar 12-14

who tf decides whose on lead card

Does it matter? Regardless of whom is on what card, whiners gonna whine. Somebody is going to be unhappy.

Shrug....in a DGPT event, I would not be inclined to organize a protest over the absence of the sparkling personalities, of my favorite golfer on coverage. The golf of your four local rats might actually be more entertaining. The quality of golf for most DGPT event is high enough for me.

I am sure particular camps of fanboys would find this appalling.

I don't idolize any particular golfer and would be pretty happy to watch a round of anybody playing near 1000 rated golf.

I guess it is just different strokes.

I agree, it would be interesting to see a card of 2 or 3 1030+ rated players with 1 or 2 around 1000.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some new faces, but if I was calling the shots at DGN or Jomez I would probably go with the 4 highest rated players I could.

Youngsters here's your history lesson for the day:

Typically the DGPT selects the round one "live coverage card" and all other feature cards. After round 1 they are the lead, chase1, chase2, etc. There has been a tradition on round one feature to include the a) defending champion if available, b) tournament sponsor's selection, and c) DGPT selection. In the past the fourth was a fan vote (with a limit per year), but they seem to have disbanded that this year in favor of an additional selection of their own — allowing them to have a "Selection Show" on DGN. Thus the live card made sense to me — 2 Team Prodigy players, the defending champion, and a two-time champion who usually plays well on this course. Unfortunately Jerm just didn't yesterday.

Also pretty wild that Nikko was the only 1030+ rated player that shot his rating.

Cale doing well. Hole terrain and lengths similar to the mix at Blue Ribbon Pines but with less OB.

Sexton has really balanced out the commentary IMO.

Doss has listened to his critics. He's backed off some of the manufactured drama, less "beautiful shots", etc, he's coming along.

Ian still talks way too fast and always seems very nervous on camera, with Doss nudging him in the arm to speak, etc. Ian seems like a wealth of information, could be utilized to pump information (discs, stats, etc) into the headphones of the guys doing commentary.

Nate has proved he's very relaxed doing live as well. Would love to see/hear Doss&Sexton in the booth. I still prefer Terry over Doss, but for sure Terry over Jamie in the field.

Nikko was a blast to watch. Dude's game was solid as a rock. Would love to see him take it down tomorrow.

A 15 year old 5 strokes out of 1st, beating the highest rated player in the world and the current 5x world champ? :popcorn:

She certainly put herself in the catbird seat.

And it seems Eagle can't catch a break. It's like karma's getting back at him for kicking someone's dog.

Last edited:
I watched the FPO lead card play a few holes in person and what stood out to me the most was Kona absolutely crushing her drives in 20-25mph headwinds. She even bested Paige on a handful of drives. Spectacular performance by Kona

This is pretty crazy - for all the people who complain that they can't throw far because they aren't tall and lanky...this is Emerson and Calvin standing next to the same basket.

c9cafbd0f6a2a0eee5ff96f0ed052061.jpg

0c34605e375132b331fac6fcb9a718fa.jpg

Latest posts