• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR PDs -> Thanks For Playing!

Trey133 said:
Where can I find a picture of the stamp?
Timko said:
DGR%20stamp.jpg

Darn, this weekend I'm leaving for Europe for a month, guess I'll get to see it when I get back!

Been to Europe once or twice, it's not all what it's cracked up to be. Keep your discs. =)

Getting pretty anxious, almost waiting to try the Wizards which are coming along the PDs more than the PDs themselves...

uNicedmeMan said:
JHern said:
Darn, this weekend I'm leaving for Europe for a month

Boo hoo :D
I got an idea, you stay in the states instead of going to Europe, give me the trip and I'll send all my PD's to you.

:lol: Will you also give my talk at a conference in Vienna, a seminar at ETH Zurich, and do my collaborative work in Lyon for me?

I'm not complaining, but I do miss disc golf when I'm away from home. I always bring a couple discs with the hope that I'll get to play somewhere, but I end up being way too busy to get to a course, which are often very far away since there are so few of them. This time I think I'll try for some safari opportunities.

jubuttib said:
Been to Europe once or twice, it's not all what it's cracked up to be. Keep your discs. =)

I love Europe, I visit almost every year for about 1 month and I've lived there for year long stints as well. I just wish they had more disc golf courses. But I'll still have access to all sorts of wonderful food, wine, beer, culture, etc..

Now I am curious. Other than an obvious student of physical sciences, what is it you do for a living JHern? I'm assuming you're in the educational spectrum considering engineers and the like don't typically remember equations and numbers as frequently as it seems you do. Unless you're one of the few that aren't too lazy to look them up and refresh before talking about them... Like myself...

I'm guessing... Ph.D? hippie professor who enjoys the disc?

Jeronimo said:
Now I am curious...Ph.D?

Yup. I got a PhD in 2006, from UCLA.

Jeronimo said:
hippie professor who enjoys the disc?

Pretty much, except even better: I have no teaching responsibilities! That means I get to do research freely, travel whenever I want, etc..

Jeronimo said:
...engineers and the like don't typically remember equations and numbers as frequently as it seems you do...

I'm a scientist. I work with equations everyday, they are my bread and butter. And disc flight is relatively easy in comparison to the kind of things I usually work on.

BLURR said:
JHern...what part of Europe?

Vienna (Austria) for 1 week, then Zurich (Switzerland) for 2 days, then Lyon (France) for 2.5 weeks. I might get in a couple side trips too...Bratislava is close to Vienna so I could go there for dinner one evening, a friend is living in Toulouse which isn't too far from Lyon, etc..

JHern said:
"Geophysics and Space Physics"

And it is signed by Arnold Schwarzenegger. :lol:

Whaaaaa? Canadian PhDs are just signed by university administrators. That would be crazy if my premier signed mine (can't stand the guy btw).

Would be cool if Canadian PhDs were signed by the head of state, though only as long as its Elizabeth. At least I wouldn't want anything signed by Charles.

Those Cali schools have all of the luck. I went to a public school for my Masters, and I don't have any governor signature :(.

Latest posts