• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

diablo dt

I've got an RI:DT so I know how that looks and feels. I'll go check out the protos again, but I don't believe any of them had dimples.

Any other ideas on what they might be, or how to best identify them?

production runs of the diablo have a diablo stamp. the protos are blank or have a proto stamp or a bowling green stamp or a basket stamp.

the diablo has a thinner wing then the ridt and the dimples are slightly different.

Dave, do you happen to know what gateway protos they have at Fred's Food mart across from Will Rogers? Or happen to know anywhere in OKC/norman to find a Diablo?

BenKrishman said:
Dave, do you happen to know what gateway protos they have at Fred's Food mart across from Will Rogers? Or happen to know anywhere in OKC/norman to find a Diablo?

The last time I was there they had pink blurrs which rock and they've had white hybrid protos

How are the proto blurrs? I've gottena couple gateway drivers recently and I've really had the itch to buy a few more. I've got a speed demon(big hyzer finish, spike hyzers) and a raging inferno dt(hyzer flip flat, get about 325' consistently). How would you compare the blurr to the ridt?

I really like blurrs. they are not as touchy as the ridts. they are kinda like a faster teerex that's easier to flip up to straight and will hold it fo a long time. get one. its worth it

PRES 10 said:
A guy who I play with is sponsored by gateway and when he got in the new diablos dave told him that the production run is more sable than the protos whith the yellow ones the most stable.

and i of course have a yellow one. Oh well I am thinking I will beat the piss out of it and try it again.

dgdave said:
I really like blurrs. they are not as touchy as the ridts. they are kinda like a faster teerex that's easier to flip up to straight and will hold it fo a long time. get one. its worth it

I like the sound of that. I've been looking for something between my wraiths and speed demon. I threw a really gummy nice star teerex(never felt a star disc so gummy and awesome) yesterday and really liked it, so I'll definitely check out the blurr proto.

Thanks for all the info, I can't wait to get out to the course.

My max D (golf line) disc right now is a 175 CFR Starfire-L (SL), which is just slightly more stable then a max weight Pro Starfire-L. Would you say this Diablo-DT is similar in stability to these discs? Is there really any chance that it is longer on a golf line?

I've always thought the dimples were an interesting idea, but I haven't gone for any -DT discs yet.

I would say the SL would be a good comparison. diablo having more glide. I never thought about the sl. good call

I don't know how I never seem to get the same flight out of new discs as others do but I have two new Diablo DT's (both 175 g and light purple) and my friend has a yellow 173 g and they all fly way more overstable than an SL for me (especially at low speed). I've thrown SL's a lot and these discs don't fly like that for me (BTW we're both rhbh and I can throw about 380'-400' max and my friend can throw a bit longer than me and he agrees that they are overstable). Granted we've only thrown these maybe a dozen times and so maybe everyone is referring to the "seasoned" disc flight. Also, neither of us have tried Dave's suggestion of throwing with less power and as much snap and spin as possible but can that really make that big of a difference?

the more spin less power thing works. the yellow ones are much more overstable than the rest of them. I have yet to throw the new run, but that's what I hear

I will give it a try. Thanks. I was also considering picking up a much lighter weight Diablo, maybe 168 g to try out but I haven't read much on the weight vs stability for these discs (same as any other I assume in that lighter = less stable under identical conditions).

i have a red 162 proto and it seems very stable to me. i haven't compared it to other diablos, but i can put all my power into the thing and it can handle it fine.

I have a speed demon dt that was ridiculously overstable when I bought it. After a couple weeks of use it lost a bit of stability, but when I began to flex it it definitely became less stable. Then it got run over by a truck and now it's perfect. Far from solid proof, but I also flex my SSS wizards to soften them up a bit.

Mesaranger said:
*** NOOB QUESTION ***

What does flexing a disc mean? Does it truely help or is that debatable?

Bending the rim and/or flightplate back and forth. It does make a difference, and many Gateway discs are stupid overstable until they get flexed in.

Mesaranger said:
ROCK ON!! Thanks for the info. I will try this and see how it helps with my discs.

Thanks again!!

FYI, I didn't flex in my Diablos, and they flew well after a few rounds of play. I do, however, flex in my Sabres, Spirits, and Illusion rollers.