• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

I'm still looking for a good disc that I can throw with a standstill on a hyzer line and have it very very slowly pop up and fade to the right for those S holes where if you don't have a flick you are screwed. Would a diamond be a good choice you think?

I take back that the Diamond is purely a kids disc. I really liked it!

I am glad that you do. I purchased one just for the sake of throwing it enough to claim I had before I started shooting off my mouth.

I found it very controllable and easy to use. Yes it would be great for kids and lower armed players, but I found that it had enough stability to be quite useful by a lot of players. I found that it easily turned but was hard to actually flip and burn. I had to consciously work on it to get it over.

It reminded me a lot of a River, just a little slower, a little less glide, etc and etc. Basically a little less everything that is the River. I ended up it selling to a friend who got it to work very well for him. For me it would have just been a supremely lighter version of my Rivers, too close to actually complement them even though my Rivers are on the heavy end for that just tad bit more stability.

what is lat 64 thinking coming out with a disc that is 'good for low power players' that isn't speed 13? doesn't speed 13 get more distance? :confused:

oh wow, it's almost like fast discs are bad for new/low power players

Last edited:
I heard once about this thing called "discing down" I would ask you about it, but it would derail this thread :)

I'm still looking for a good disc that I can throw with a standstill on a hyzer line and have it very very slowly pop up and fade to the right for those S holes where if you don't have a flick you are screwed. Would a diamond be a good choice you think?

Yeah...those S holes have really been pissing me off too

Understable midranges work well for this sort of line - seasoned GL Fuse or X Comet, maybe a Meteor or Stingray. A repeatedly-tacoed DX Gazelle does this line to perfection, and a beat-up DX Leopard would probably work well, too. Perhaps you have the power to get a consistent late turn from a Champ Leo, but I don't.

As I mentioned above, in a limited number of throws the Diamond flew very similar lines to a Champ Leo of comparable weight, except that the Diamond had a little stronger low-speed fade.

saw them for sale on altitude disc golf this am if anyone is interested.

boy oh boy.. the more i use the diamond, the less i use my flippy rivers. Pretty scarey! Nothing can replace the stable 176 Rivers, but for a hyzer flip or turning fairway driver, the Diamonds are exceptional. With 4 weeks of steady use my opto 156 has lost 95% of it's finishing fade.

Loving this disc! :D

got a 148g one and it just may have replaced my 150g leopards and valks

thrown flat and smooth no oat and it will glide easy

it was windy yesterday 15mph ish i tried in both headwinds and tailwinds disc didnt even flinch it cut the wind very very well and feels great in my hand.

im going to see how it delivers in the woods today.

boy oh boy.. the more i use the diamond, the less i use my flippy rivers.

Loving this disc! :D

I second this. I am 90% sure my 155 diamond will replace my lighter 160 gl river and keep it next to my 168 river in the bag. I've had it for 2 weeks and played 6 rounds with it and love it more and more as I throw it...I aced it early this week :thmbup:

Latest posts