• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

Heres my best Diamond vs. River profile comparison (sticker for focusing :))

IMO it feels like a miniaturized eagle: smaller diameter and shorter height, but similar rim width and config. 156g, and basically as domey as I can imagine it getting.

Attachments

• Diamond - River.jpg
    Diamond - River.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 120
Pro Katana is on the left, Diamond is on the right. these things are domey.
attachment.php

Diamond on the left, River on the right.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0615_800x600.JPG
    IMG_0615_800x600.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0617_800x600.JPG
    IMG_0617_800x600.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 277
Crap, gonna have to find some money for one of these bad boys. if my girlfriend finds out lat is making lightweight plastic... i love you and hate u amazing swedish plastic

Soooo, mini-Eagle, understable with fade - sounds like a premium plastic Cheetah. Anyone who has thrown both see the similarity?

Diamond probably has an extremely similar flight to the Cheetah (Blake gave it nearly identical flight numbers on Joe's; Cheetah has .5 more LSS) but they're still very different discs. Cheetah has a narrower rim and its significantly taller with a blunter nose - so the similar flights are probably achieved through different mechanisms. I expect the Diamond to be more nose sensitive with significantly better glide.

Diamond probably has an extremely similar flight to the Cheetah (Blake gave it nearly identical flight numbers on Joe's; Cheetah has .5 more LSS) but they're still very different discs. Cheetah has a narrower rim and its significantly taller with a blunter nose - so the similar flights are probably achieved through different mechanisms. I expect the Diamond to be more nose sensitive with significantly better glide.

Interesting, thanks. Nose angle sensitivity is why the River didn't stick in my bag. If the nose was up even slightly, the glide would take it miles in the wrong direction.

I look forward to hearing more about the Diamond.

First impressions

Just got 20 throws in at the baseball field (with outfield fense measurements at 300, 330, 350) with my 4 156 Diamonds. I did 5 sets of 4, with 2 throws 163 GL rivers (well beat-in) between each set. There is little, if no overlap at these weights.

I think the relationship would be:
Teebird is to Sidewinder as River is Diamond.

Diamonds are way more understable than Rivers. Thrown low at +250ft power, the Diamond will not fade back. It'll flip up and continue to ride the turn out nice and slow with lots of glide. I was able to get a few beyond 300ft (hit the outfield wall) on a very very steep hyzer flip, which when released the disc slooooowly turned all the way flat and barely continued beyond horizontal. But most of the time, the Diamonds eventually turned into the ground at about 280 ft but my scatter grouping was always very tight, within 10 feet of each other estimated.

The beat 163 Rivers felt like meathooks after tossing 4 diamonds in a row. The Rivers continually, outdrove the diamonds as we all would fully expect (hit the 300ft fense every time). Diamonds on a standstill are extremely neutral and remind me a lot of beat GL Core, but with some skip. So there may be some overlaps with a Core and/or Fuse if you are able to push either mid out to 300 feet

I plan to get out in the field tomorrow with some 165 DX sidewinders and the diamonds to compare distance potential. Will try to video it and get back with some solid evidence.

Bottom line: As a very understable, narrow rimmed fairway driver, the Diamond does not overlap with anything in the current Lat64 driver lineup. I repeat... no overlap in the driver lineup... mids, maybe. Apart from being a very reliable understable fairway, The Diamond can be utilized as a fantastic trainer disc for: those wanting to refine stand-still form, those that want to learn a hyzer-flip, or those that want to disc down and throw something understable.

I would not recommend the diamond to anybody who has fat hands or fingers.. the disc's low profile could be troublesome for large fingers to keep a good grip on.

Last edited:
Jrawk, thank you for taking the time to post that review (even though it was not what I wanted to hear). Do you have any JFC speed 4 discs (Leopard, Cheetah, maybe even Gazelle) of comparable weight to compare against the Diamonds? Rivers (4.5) and Sidewinders (5) are faster, so that complicates the comparison.

I am most interested in whether the Diamond can displace my 150 Champ Leos for tunnel shots and downhill glidebombs. Yeah, I prolly need to get a couple and try 'em out.

Anyway, thanks!

Mono, I have some leopards and a cfr glo gazelle i can compare to today, but nothing 150ish. But if you like throwing understable glidebombs downhill, the diamond may be comparable to the champ leos. Maybe you wanna tag up at a course somewhere Sunday? (Rockburn?)

FWIW, I prefer to throw overstable flex shots down hill (heavy striker). And understable hyzer flips up hill (DX sidewinder). I think the diamond would work well for up hill hyzer flips.

I was able to get a few beyond 300ft (hit the outfield wall) on a very very steep hyzer flip, which when released the disc slooooowly turned all the way flat and barely continued beyond horizontal.

I do want to clarify, when i say steep hyzer flip, i don't mean nose up. I mean hyzer angle of the disc. If a flat release is 0 degrees, I needed -50 maybe -55 degrees hyzer to get the disc to flip flat and hold a straight line.

Mono, I have some leopards and a cfr glo gazelle i can compare to today, but nothing 150ish. But if you like throwing understable glidebombs downhill, the diamond may be comparable to the champ leos. Maybe you wanna tag up at a course somewhere Sunday? (Rockburn?)

FWIW, I prefer to throw overstable flex shots down hill (heavy striker). And understable hyzer flips up hill (DX sidewinder). I think the diamond would work well for up hill hyzer flips.

Agree on the uphill hyzer flips (Champ Leo or flippy Champ Valk for me). I like understable downhill because they just keep going straight if you hit it right. I should try a downhill flex shot, but I am a chronic hyzer-er.

Definitely up for some DG Sunday. Seneca, Darnestown, Rockburn, Ptap are all good.

I do want to clarify, when i say steep hyzer flip, i don't mean nose up. I mean hyzer angle of the disc. If a flat release is 0 degrees, I needed -50 maybe -55 degrees hyzer to get the disc to flip flat and hold a straight line.

Wow, that's pretty understable.

I don't think it's been posted...but here's what Latitude gave this disc:

Flight ratings are
Speed: 8
Glide: 6
Turn: -3
Fade: 1

I am most interested in whether the Diamond can displace my 150 Champ Leos for tunnel shots and downhill glidebombs. Yeah, I prolly need to get a couple and try 'em out.

low 160s GL Rivers are great for this

opto visions have much more LSS, imho

I guess I'd agree, but the damn thing is so understable it hits the ground before it can fade at all

Jrawk kindly let me throw his Diamond for a few rounds. The course was heavily wooded, so I did not try any all-out throws. For my noodle-armed finesse throws, I thought the Diamond flew very similar lines to a 150 Champ Leopard, perhaps a little easier to turn and a little sharper fade at the very end.

I will be interested to see how the Diamond flies on a more open course.

Yawpstang64, I tried light GL Rivers but for me they overlapped with Valkyries. I also found the River very sensitive to nose angle, and when I didn't get the nose down, the River would glide for miles in the wrong direction.