• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

A couple of high hyzers or tree contacts will calm them down quickly.....though I like them stable, too.

Its my 16th wedding anniversary today, so i bought my wife some diamonds ;)
View attachment 46729

You still married after getting her discs for a present…? :gross: jk

Anyone thrown or felt a Opto Air Diamond? I was gonna get one for my wife but it felt odd, it was board flat and super flexible. Where the other opto and gl diamonds had a slight dome. The weight of the opto diamond was like high 137 or something (crazy, I know)

I bought this disc for my wife. The option plastic is durable and grippy. Not so sure it's a women's and children's disc......at least not a beginner women's ad children's disc. My wife had better luck with 139 dx leopards, skeeter, 150 dx stingray, 150 star wedge, and 150 d buzz . We were doing field work last week and she just couldn't get it up to speed. I couldn't resist and gave it a throw. I grip locked, oat and threw it too high......Resulted in a gigantic sky turn over for almost 400 ft! Probably a good fit for 275-350 ft . Obviously capable of much more if you have room to let it work. I would like to experiment with it some more, but not gonna take back gift......remember Simpsons episode where homer gave marge a bowling ball that said homer on it?

I bag a 139g Opto Air Diamond and it serves me great! I'm a low power player for reference, max out between 300-330'. It's in the utility US spot right now. I use it for Steep up hill drives, huge turnovers, tailwinds and standstill lower power shots. Even though I am told I'm carrying a girl's disc it really comes in handy.

I try most of the understable stuff out there, but I keep coming back to the Diamond.

I don't think there is a disc out there that gives you more distance for less effort than the Diamond, which makes it superb for tunnel shots or anything requiring accuracy.

I try most of the understable stuff out there, but I keep coming back to the Diamond.

I don't think there is a disc out there that gives you more distance for less effort than the Diamond, which makes it superb for tunnel shots or anything requiring accuracy.

No F'n doubt! I was shocked the first time I threw one with a gentle toss and watched it go and go and go and go. I will report back when it lands.

What about versus a 150 champ sidewinder?
Which is more effortless?

My sw is pretty flippy

What about versus a 150 champ sidewinder?
Which is more effortless?

My sw is pretty flippy

SW has more "S" (same as the Jade), my 148 Diamond's are just glide without fade.

Wind aside, the diamond covers most my drives (300-320max) coupled with a 148 Jade for S-curve & 148 Eagle for fade.

Its my 16th wedding anniversary today, so i bought my wife some diamonds ;)
View attachment 46729

Me and my all my understable discs are not getting along.
Most of the time, either they won't turn, or they turn and burn.
So i am going to try out one of these TM Diamonds again for a while.
My opto diamond is this terrible brown color, so it's lost before it hits the ground thus time of year.

My opto diamond is this terrible brown color, so it's lost before it hits the ground thus time of year.

Sweet pic! Throw them smooth and with a LOT of height to prevent burn. Add hyzer as necessary. Super fun disc but you can't just rip it flat and low.

wow is it flippy
but i am getting the hang of the hyzer flip with it.

I've thrown a few shots with my son's Opto Diamond that really surprised me(He's 10). I was very shocked that it didn't turn and burn the first time I threw it. A nice controlled 375 ft turn over that held the turn all the way to the ground. After the throw, he looked at me and said, "Sorry dad, this disc is staying in my bag". Gave me a good laugh. I could see how people would really like this disc if they throw 150 class plastic. Very straight and controllable with really nice glide to it too.

Just picked up a nice bright neon yellow/green opaque 153 opto diamond.
I really like the color and feel of this opaque opto, it's the same as my Hatchet and the new Saint I just got.
it's a lot more flexible and grippy than the clearer opto.
Would this be what some guys call Glopto?

The other thing I have found in buying Diamonds for my wife, is there is a pretty big difference in PLH.
It makes a pretty big difference in how they fly.

The other thing I have found in buying Diamonds for my wife, is there is a pretty big difference in PLH.
It makes a pretty big difference in how they fly.

And speaking of PLH, check out the Frost Diamonds. Higher than the GL Diamonds, with more dome...

Threw mine in 20 degree temps this morning; flew like an lightly beat-in OPTO Jade. The Frost plastic had a nice flexible stickiness to it, definitely easy to grip and gentle on frozen fingertips.

And speaking of PLH, check out the Frost Diamonds. Higher than the GL Diamonds, with more dome...

Threw mine in 20 degree temps this morning; flew like an lightly beat-in OPTO Jade. The Frost plastic had a nice flexible stickiness to it, definitely easy to grip and gentle on frozen fingertips.

Just picked up a 155 Frost at a year end sale - someone said in the Frost thread that they were almost like light Rivers. Looking forward to tring it out, but your post adds to my anticipation. :clap:

Just picked up a nice bright neon yellow/green opaque 153 opto diamond.
I really like the color and feel of this opaque opto, it's the same as my Hatchet and the new Saint I just got.
it's a lot more flexible and grippy than the clearer opto.
Would this be what some guys call Glopto?

I really enjoyed this disc over the weekend.
I forgot how much fun they are to throw.
I had stopped using mine because of the bad color.
This new one will stay in the bag.
Super glidtastic flippyness.

Latest posts