• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Different Top 10 Lists.. debate/discuss

You would think the curtain would be up there for tops in the woods course. I mean, it's a course in the redwoods!

However, I guess not enough people getting up to Humboldt to give positive feedback... and with the curtain lacking signs, it's hard to navigate for traveler players and gets dinged a lot. But, it is better than most other wooded courses I've played.
DSCJNKY

the tones and wild set up are hard to get over when you think about that course too. i liked the course and think it is fun, but i still mainly remember being confused and a little disappointed.

TOP 10 Flat Courses

Cranbury Park Norwalk, CT

WORST 10 COURSES

Bull Run Regional Park Centreville, VA

McLean Central Park McLean, VA

cranbury in Conn is not flat, and i'm not sure how I feel about being right in the middle of two of the top worst courses.

Could Golden Gate Park be considered for top woods courses? It is one of the best i've played.

It is a great course - it is #13 on my list and #11 if I take out 2 courses I would not consider wooded (although at least 1/3 of the holes are wooded on them). Even though different people judge things differently and some might rate it even higher than me (I gave it a score of 93/100 = 4.5 discs), I do not think it is a top 10 course nationwide.

Yeah its the bottom 10 documented courses I'm sure there are far worse undocumented out there!
I was amazed that an 18 concrete tee course BULL RUN was the 3rd worst...that is a shame!

bull run is cubby heaven but is unlikely actually the 3rd worst course out there- it's better than mclean for instance.

Roosevelt Park in Albuquerque could be on a couple of those lists. Does it not have many reviews?

Roosevelt is a very cool little course. I hope I get a chance to get back there some time to play it. It has 8 reviews now. I was the first to review it on this site.
Very hilly and huge trees throughout made that course a lot of fun. It is definitely the most dangerous course that I have ever played though. That's the only course I've ever played where two holes share the same basket all throughout the course.

The only thing keeping Water Works Park, Ypsilanti, MI off the bottom 10 is 3 homer reviews, including a 3.5 :confused:

This course barely got a 1 from me, and i had been playing less than a year when I reviewed it. It probably would get less now, if they haven't fixed it.

It's currently sitting at #18 with 10 reviews and a 2.05 average

Last edited:
Look out Bay Oaks I will hit you up every year because my parents place is abut 10 minutes from there. I cant believe it is that low . . . what about Duck Pond . . . How were these courses decided upon?

No way Mesker Park should get bumped from the list It may be in the top 5

What's requirement for being designated a "woods" course? The Whipping Post at Paw Paw is predominently wooded and I'd put it my top ten overall.

Bull Run is barely a course. It's more like putt putt. They just need an effing windmill.

Glad to see CMC - Glenwood make some of the best lists.

It's odd to me that its listed as a flat course but I guess, compared to the other mountain courses around it, CMC might as well be pancake flat.

Excellent course though.

Edit: 420th post :D

Look out Bay Oaks I will hit you up every year because my parents place is abut 10 minutes from there. I cant believe it is that low . . . what about Duck Pond . . . How were these courses decided upon?

I simply used the 10 review criteria of the top ten and used 10 reviews minimum for bottom 10.......I also used the course details to gather the other info.....I think a lot of the courses are not categorized correctly....from the pics I would call Flip City moderately wooded but it's not listed that way so it made my top 10 open course.....I'm just the pencil pusher ...everyone on the site is responsible for updating the categories each site is in.....If you check your home courses and think something is wrong fix it...it's a user driven site...not a Tim driven site. I also played Cranbury and felt it was moderately hilly but I don't feel right changing a course that is not my local course....maybe I should?

To complete things: the moderately wooded top 10:

Highbridge Hills - Blueberry Hill Highbridge, WI

Idlewild Burlington, KY

The Woodshed Paw Paw, WV

Whistler's Bend Roseburg, OR

Beaver Ranch/Conifer Park Conifer, CO

Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC) Estacada, OR

Blue Ribbon Pines DGC East Bethel, MN

Maple Hill DGC Leicester, MA 18

Holler In The Hills Brownsville, KY

Moraine State Park Portersville, PA

Deer Lakes Park Tarentum, PA 18

Bryant Lake Park Minneapolis (Eden Prairie), MN

Top 10 courses with Rustic Tees (dirt, grass, natural)

Beaver Ranch/Conifer Park Conifer, CO

Phantom Falls Pine, CO

Foundation Park DG Complex - Champ 18 Centralia, IL

Sundance Trail Ranch DGC Red Feather Lakes, CO

Walnut Creek Park Charlottesville, VA

Black Diamond DGC @ Emery Park South Wales, NY

Trophy Lakes Charleston (Johns Island), SC

Golden Hills DGC Blacksburg, VA

Humboldt State University Arcata, CA

Devens DGC Devens, MA

White Oak Park Dallas, GA

* The following courses may belong on this list if they do not have rubber, gravel, concrete, asphalt, woodchips, or otherwise man made tees on any of their holes.(there was no way to discern this)
The Woodshed Paw Paw, WV
Ashe County Park Jefferson, NC
Lucky Mud DGC Skamokawa, WA
Beaver Meadows DGC Red Feather Lakes, CO
Mason County Park - Beauty Ludington, MI
The Grange - Sunnyside Spotsylvania, VA

Oh.....after looking at things a little more, the issue is the 10 review min. Looks like tons of bad courses do not have reviews written. QUOTE]

Bottom 10 5 reviews or more

Bicentennial Park Mountlake Terrace, WA

Lake Line Ranch DGC Leander, TX

Winchester City Park Winchester, TN

Fort Washington State Park DGC Fort Washington, PA

Springfield Park Rowlett, TX

Payne Park North Tonawanda, NY

S.E.B.A. Park South Elgin, IL

Leo Leathers Park Mundelein, IL

Springfield Park Bloomingdale, IL

Andrew Brown Park Coppell, TX

Salford Township Community Park Tylersport, PA

Willow Park Bennington, VT

Hood River DGC Hood River, OR

S.E.B.A. is so bad it is the only course to make the bottom list even with the lower criteria...SEBA must really suck!

I think Iron Hill will eventually be on that wooded course list.

Would really love to do something with McLean but the Spy vs. Spy, lizard lawyer, white collar, politically connected NIMBY's surrounding that course scare me. They make the Bluemont neighborhood association seem like a gathering of my closest friends. McLean came within a few votes of becoming an ice skating rink a few years back. The dog walkers and tree huggers prevailed.

Oh.....after looking at things a little more, the issue is the 10 review min. Looks like tons of bad courses do not have reviews written. QUOTE]

Bottom 10 5 reviews or more

Bicentennial Park Mountlake Terrace, WA
Lake Line Ranch DGC Leander, TX
Winchester City Park Winchester, TN
Fort Washington State Park DGC Fort Washington, PA
Springfield Park Rowlett, TX
Payne Park North Tonawanda, NY
S.E.B.A. Park South Elgin, IL
Leo Leathers Park Mundelein, IL
Springfield Park Bloomingdale, IL
Andrew Brown Park Coppell, TX
Salford Township Community Park Tylersport, PA
Willow Park Bennington, VT
Hood River DGC Hood River, OR

S.E.B.A. is so bad it is the only course to make the bottom list even with the lower criteria...SEBA must really suck!

I have not been there since I reviewed it, but I can say that Coppell TX belongs there. It has land potential, but it was a mess. I fell bad, because, it could have been a decent course.