• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Disappointed in Lat64 Opto Striker

There was talk on DGR some time ago about a run or two of Strikers with really high parting lines that were crazy overstable. I would take advantage of other peoples' offers and try to trade for a good Striker. The ones I've thrown are less stable than a Teebird for me...But I throw pretty hard too.

i have one that is super domey and it is as overstable as a damn firebird

I throw it with about a 20 degree anny and it flies straight...but you are right, those Swedes have some sick arms...if you look on DGR Latitude 64 says Jesper Lundmark uses his Riot as a roller.

youre doing it wrong.:doh:

try a gl striker. flat as a pancake and go straight straight straight. i miss mine. RIP lost disc.:(

7.38mm to the rim becomes the wing...

i gotta get a few more throws with them..... and i wonder if i was just throwing them on low golf lines so i couldn't tell the difference....I only have a few throws each will have to report back....

what is should these discs be?

Opto Striker
Long range driver
Flight characteristics Stable
Produced 2008 oct->
PDGA Approval date 20081112

Detailed information
Diameter 21,4 cm
Maximum weight 177,6 gram
Height 1,6 cm
Rim depth 1,2 cm
Inside rim diameter 17,6 cm
Rim thickness 1,9 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio 5,6 %
Rim configuration ratio 29,00
Flexibility rating 11,68

Notes:
Stable control driver. Manufacturer wrote: Striker is the perfect disc for accurate drives; both straight, right and left. The excellent balance of our new driver makes it suitable for most players. It is not too overstable and not too understable, making it avery useful disc for players that look for more than just distance in a disc. By today's standards it is not the fastest driver out there but it can easily match existing popular "fairway drivers" when it comes to speed and distance. The rim is not very wide (1,9 cm) making the grip suitable to most players' hands. It gives you a comfortable, solid feel when you are preparing your drive. Control is the key word for this disc! And it will be released in early 2009.The flight at a 330ft drive is neutral with a very small fade at the end of the flightpath. The disc is rated at +0,5.

the strike I have was one of those mad stable one. It is very flat and it had some thick flashing on the bottom that i sanded off. after i went to town on that flashing it quit fading so damn hard. I never really checked the parting line height of mine but I suspect it will be one of the "freak" ones.

an important thing to remember about flight ratings is that they are 1.) based on how pro level guys throw a disc and 2.) highly subjective when coming from the manufacturer. Joe's Universal Flight chart is probably the best disc rating chart out there since it is developed by an am like us and includes a power requirement for the discs flight rating. the striker has a power rating of 5 meaning you'll need 325-375' of power to get it to fly "right". and since it has a range rating of 5 it will probably take closer to 350+ power to get this one to zizwheel.

I have the GoldLine Striker ( 172 )

Flies pretty straight. Stable enough not to flip over. Has a fade at the end like most drivers, but I don't consider it an "overstable" driver.

I like it in the GoldLine, never thrown the Opto though.

I have 3 opto strikers and they are for me just as advertised. Longer Teebirds, good fade at the end, but rides whatever line you want to put on it until then. I bought them all seperately as well, so the consistency between run in my experience is pretty good.

I've got an Optoline Striker and for me it's pretty much right between and Eagle and a TeeBird in stability. It hasn't made my regular bag but with a little more experience with it, I could see it potentially replacing both of them. Good length, very predictable. My only issue is that it doesn't seem to power down as well as a TeeBird, but this might just be lack of experience using it. My Striker flies really sweet for me but I have such a comfort level with the old stand-bys. I like using a smaller 10-disc bag and carry a Star Eagle and Champ TeeBird already, so it's hard to justify another fairway driver.

More side-by-side comparisons are required I think.

I was extremely excited to receive this disc as Lat 64 advertises it at 330 feet with little fade. I have been throwing it in a field everyday for almost 3 weeks and it is still biting incredibly hard to the left almost like a Banshee for me.

I can throw my Champ Eagle and Champ Teebird around 330, but the Striker rarely seems to break 300 even if I do rip a good one. Anybody else have similar results with this disc?

The Striker has a higher power requirement than the teebird and eagle, at 330' of power I'd say that it is flying more overstable than it should because you aren't generating the power needed to make it fly right. Just stick with the teebird for now.

I have a 171g Opto Striker and it is super flat and it flies super straight when I put it out to 400ft. I can not compare it with any other disc but I would say that the Striker is one of a kind and it flies perfect for me.

if the striker is too stable in the opto, get it in goldline, i've found its a little bit flippier, which may suit you better. but on a side note, i've never met a striker as stable as you guys speak of this one

Latest posts