• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc advice//surge

dukdukgolf

Birdie Member
so i throw the surge and love it. Looking for a simlier disc with flight and rim. A suggestion from you pro's would be great. Non discraft is what im looking to try out. I tried the riot by lat 64 and hated it so im looking for something else.

tyty

I received some surges in my misprint deal and threw them for a while but thought they flew very similar to my wraith. I stuck with the wraith but still have a surge as backup just in case. This is all my humble opinion.

I received some surges in my misprint deal and threw them for a while but thought they flew very similar to my wraith. I stuck with the wraith but still have a surge as backup just in case. This is all my humble opinion.

ya wraith is def an option. was thinking id try a destroyer also,,seems like that might be close,,not sure how it compares stabilty wise though.

Can you explain why you're looking for something different if you love the Surge?

they say that, but it's Bull@#!%.

A Wraith is a wraith, a surge is a surge and they are very similar. But they're not the same.

\/\/
You can find two Surges that aren't the same as one another, too. I'd say the Wraith and Surge are close enough to be interchangeable. Differences between runs of those molds can be bigger than the differences between the molds themselves.

I agree that the Wraith and Surge are probably the most similar in this type of disc. The Wraiths I've thrown are domier than my Surges, and have a wider rim. The wider rim makes the Wraith faster out of the gate, but makes it more difficult for me to get a good snap. So I stick with Surges.

If you haven't tried the Katana or Nuke, I'd say it's worth a shot. I don't carry either, since I hate the WIDE rim, and find that I can't control them. But some people swear by them.

Lastly, if I recommend any driver...or any disc, really...it's the PD. DiscMania. Get it in S plastic in a lighter weight than you're used to. They are m-o-n-e-y.

yep Wraith is very similar to a Surge. I would say the Surge is a hair more understable.

Destroyers are nice discs too, they are quite overstable (compared to a surge) but fly very nicely when you beat them in. I like them in Star plastic.

Destroyer are touch more stable than wraith but when they beat in they fly great.

Not sure wraith equals surge but pretty darn similar.

You want to match spec v.s. specs, I would recommend the Innova SL its is the speed, glide and turn as the surge....10 speed, 5 glide, -1 turn, but the fade is a 2 instead of a 3. I own both disc and love them both, I do find the Wraith to be a nice choice as well. My lowest score was actually achieved with my Star Wraith.

Brand new a Destroyer will be much more stable than your Surge. Your best bet will be to pick up a Wraith as it will be the closest to your Surge.

Wraith is a tick more overstable than Surge, which is a tick more overstable than a DGA Rogue IMO.

Latest posts