• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc family portrait

Donkeypuncher1

Double Eagle Member
I was laying out my discs to clean them and make sure I didn't lose one at the course. For some reason it reminded me of the family pictures I was forced to take as a kid. I had them laid out so I thought I would set them all up and take a picture of my disc family.

I'm also wondering what colors you guys prefer, and especially what your tie-dyed discs look like. I'm trying to build up a collection of all orange, but any bright disc I will usually scoop up. Orange just seems to be available in every mold so I'm sticking with it.

100_1777.jpg

From top left:

firm wizard, star beast, medium wizard,
champ orc, z crush, champ beast, qjls,
sb orc, sols, e inferno, x cyclone,
star orc, sjls, gazelle, md1
super roc, kite, s md1, z storm

These aren't all my discs, but they are the ones I keep in my bag or in the trunk for whatever mood I'm in.

Wow, I dont know how you pick the right disc out of your bag with so many of them being orange :lol: However it would be really cool to have a collection all in one color, especially orange cause those are so easy to spot in the grass. I usually try to go with the brighter colors as well and try to avoid the greens.

Here's my main bag..........i see you're an orc fan as well!
1000373zc4.jpg

(from top left)
3 champ orcs, star wraith
champ sidewinder, star sl, star leopard, z flash
z xpress, star valkyrie, z xl, champ monster
dx viking, super roc, kc pro roc, dx shark
and aviar-x

I did the X Sidewinder, Cubs SL, Lucky Leopard, and the Half and Half XL dyes myself.......got the tie dye orc as a gift.

Here's my setup, been like this for a while.

Z pred, SE TL, X Pred
SOLF, QOLF, SOLS
KC Teebird, SOLS, Glow Teebird
Champ Roc, Ching Roc, Super Roc
Wizard, Wizard, 10X Roc
Wizard, Warlock, Wizard.

The warlock and black no stamp wizard are only for puttting and jump putts. You can't tell but the SE TL has actually been chewed on by a dog, guy gave it to me after that. It is a great flippy disc and roller. I just got the wizard that says Soft Putter on it from a guy sponsored from gateway. It is pretty good but I don't know how much I like it, it seems way flippier than any other one I have ever owned.

1_G_004.sized.jpg

This is just my spares and backups that I have room for in my truck. It's actually gained about an extra 15-17 discs since I took the pic. Lol. Some ppl are just plastic junkies. I usually talk to novice players and listen to what they are doing to their discs, and I'll take em to my truck and give em one or two discs that I dont need that'll prolly fill a void that they just explained to me.
Only new plastic I pick up lately is from winnings. If i get to choose what I want from cashing out, I usually buy backup Orcs, or something that I have a high probability of losing. Or something new that I just wanna check out.
The rest of my stuff fills 2-3 bookshelves in my room.

Dont have pix of just the discs in my bag tho :(

chris86wm said:
Wow, I dont know how you pick the right disc out of your bag with so many of them being orange :lol: However it would be really cool to have a collection all in one color, especially orange cause those are so easy to spot in the grass.
I did the X Sidewinder, Cubs SL, Lucky Leopard, and the Half and Half XL dyes myself.......got the tie dye orc as a gift.

They are all varying shades of orange so I can tell which one is which. I've spent too much time looking for clear, green, and black discs and it got old, but orange is super easy to find anywhere.

Nice dye job on the SL and leopard, I thought they were professional.

Frank_Delicious said:
You can't tell but the SE TL has actually been chewed on by a dog, guy gave it to me after that.

I thought I saw tooth punctures when I first looked. I have 2 large dogs so I've had my fair share of ruined chewed up discs. Found pieces of a valkyrie for a week in the back yard

It's nice to see what some of the more sought after discs look like. I find a few gems in the used bin at the local store, because a lot have tourney or special stamps that people don't recognize.

AciDBatH666 said:
I usually talk to novice players and listen to what they are doing to their discs, and I'll take em to my truck and give em one or two discs that I dont need that'll prolly fill a void that they just explained to me.

I do that with my friends when I have too many discs, and sometimes the occasional new player that I play a round with. For some reason I feel like I might have done some good and made somebodies game better.

Here is what I am running for the next few weeks during a few tournaments.

portrait1.jpg

S Wizard, M Wizard, SS Wizard, S Wizard
DX Roc, KC Roc, KC Roc, DX Roc
DX Valkyrie, DX Teebird, DX Gazelle, Pro Wraith
Champ Teebird, DX Viper

I don't normally carry this many discs, but I tossed in a pro wraith for low lines, and a gazelle to try and work in a little bit. During most casual rounds, I'll only carry 4 Rocs/4 Wizards, DX TB and 2 Vipers. It is fun trying to work Vipers on a lot of lines. I normally max that disc out at 320-340 at best though, and that is with a huge anhyzer.

260211081.jpg

260211078.jpg

Bruce Lee Challenger, S Wizard, S Wizard, E Warlock
D Wasp, D Wasp, Z Wasp, FLX Buzzz, D Buzzz
Z Predator, FLX Predator, X Predator, X Predator
X Tracker, X Tracker, X Avenger, ESP Avenger, X Avenger

ferretdance03 said:
Granduter said:
ferretdance03 said:
FLX Predator

Ahh the FLX Pred, I heard a rumor that more weren't being made and so I had to pull it from the bag, just the X and Z for me
Blasphemy!
Hey I loved it but I didn't want to get attached to something if it wasn't going to be mass produced. I don't have the $$ to buy harder to find discs to play with

Are those all patches on your bag, or are some of them stickers? I'm really wanting to do something to personalize my revo bag, because there are 2 other players at league who have the exact same one as mine and we are always trying to pick each other's up.

mothrows said:
Are those all patches on your bag, or are some of them stickers? I'm really wanting to do something to personalize my revo bag, because there are 2 other players at league who have the exact same one as mine and we are always trying to pick each other's up.

They are Patches. Looking at the picture Left is a PDGA Patch, on the Right I have the US Flag and the CO State Flag, on the left side you can't really fully see I have a couple Johnny Roberts Memorial Tournament patches from 2005 and 2006.

I'm looking to get more patches and I hope there is something at World's this year I can put on my bag. I'm doing the Edge program challenge so hopefully I can get something from there.

EDIT: BTW let me tell ya, it's a B***H to sew patches on to the revo bags :lol: That material is so tough.

What is in my bag right now. I'm pretty set when it comes to mids and putters. Still trying to figure out what driver(s) work best for me.

106_0559.jpg

Bottom row: DX Cobra, DX Shark, glow Wizard, DX Aviar
Middle row: DX Raven (new), DX Raven (beat), Teh Epic, DX Orc
Top row: Star Wraith, Star TeeRex, StarTeeBird, Champ Valk (151g)
Very top row: Star Tabby (6800g)

How is the Spike as a putter?
Do you drive with it? How's it do for that?

I love the spike as a putter. It's basically a straight disc with a touch of fade at the end, the zeroline plastic is so soft and grippy it's awesome. If you've thrown the Sinus, it's about half as tall as the Sinus with 2 grip zones instead of the Sinus' 3. The best difference is that with the Sinus I always felt like I had to fight to keep it straight. The Spike isn't like that at all. The zeroline plastic is like soft DX but with a bit more structural integrity. I generally don't use it for distance, however a few weeks ago I was throwing some field practice <getting throwing lessons from Steve Rico is somewhat useful> and I managed to thow the Spike about 285 or so dead straight with a bit of height, so it is driveable.

-- Animix