• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf at Dodger Staduim

Just watched Kona and Paul on Fluffy's new tv show, they looked good. Fluffy and his crew need a lot more practice, yikes!

There is a tourney coming up at Beech Bend Amusement Park. That should be interesting! battle at beech bend - google it

I can't believe no one else has brought this up.

So you're telling me, with a disc golf course inside a baseball stadium, there isn't ONE SINGLE downhill bomb from way up in the bleachers?! I would consider doing something like this, but only if there was a hole or two throwing from way up top. Now THAT would be fun. Imagine a 600 footer all the way down to the pitchers mound. They missed an epic opportunity with that one.

I'm guessing that they're hoping for quick rounds. A shot from up in the stands would probably cause lengthy delays on that hole.

The original course design did have some big downhill bomber shots from the stands. However, the Dodgers wanted it to be ADA compliant, so a couple holes had to be changed.

Bowling Green had their players party in a minor league ballpark this year. One of the field events was throwing at baskets on the field from the concourse, under the lights. Very cool.

Innova. Kona's father works for them. Whenever you see her, it's likely going to involve promoting the brand.

Well she's also sponsored herself. The social media brand that she and her dad built definitely got Innova's attention. Jeff was hired about a year ago to be the Director of Marketing for the whole brand. You may have noticed the increased social media presence, updated graphics/aesthetics, "Flight School" videos (I have nothing to do with those), etc. He's a phenomenal addition to their staff.

He and Levi (who posts here occasionally) also help out SpinTV at tournaments doing the photography for our thumbnails/intro, and by helping publish.

Really awesome people.

Well she's also sponsored herself. The social media brand that she and her dad built definitely got Innova's attention. Jeff was hired about a year ago to be the Director of Marketing for the whole brand. You may have noticed the increased social media presence, updated graphics/aesthetics, "Flight School" videos (I have nothing to do with those), etc. He's a phenomenal addition to their staff.

He and Levi (who posts here occasionally) also help out SpinTV at tournaments doing the photography for our thumbnails/intro, and by helping publish.

Really awesome people.

It was needed to counter the Trilogy machine.

I would be much more inclined to partipate in one of the stadium disc golf experiences if they were held at old ballparks or stadiums like Fenway, Wrigley, Lambeau, Soldier Field or indoors at MSG.

I would be much more inclined to partipate in one of the stadium disc golf experiences if they were held at old ballparks or stadiums like Fenway, Wrigley, Lambeau, Soldier Field or indoors at MSG.

For what it's worth, Dodger Stadium is the third oldest park in MLB, after Fenway and Wrigley of course.

For what it's worth, Dodger Stadium is the third oldest park in MLB, after Fenway and Wrigley of course.

tenor.gif

Sweet. Just got the email and we can play with our own discs. Rumor was that you would have to use the provided disc.

They will allow spectators at the event all three days. So, if you didn't get a ticket to play, you can still come down and watch the action. The concession stands will be open serving food and beverages, including beer and alcohol.

Attachments

• 20170831_132343_Moment gg.jpg
    20170831_132343_Moment gg.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20170831_132921 - Copy.jpg
    20170831_132921 - Copy.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20170831_134739 copy.jpg
    20170831_134739 copy.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 61
So I'm guessing wearing a Houston Astros hat while playing may not be the greatest idea? :D

143kgmf.jpg

261lrhy.gif

A throw from home plate needs to carry 395' and be 8' high to fly center field fence.

Who here has been to a ball field recently for a distance reality check? :popcorn:

Latest posts