• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Bio

StumperTX The Stumper part is an homage to a guy that I used to play an online shooter with. I was very good, he was amazing, and I liked his handle. TX because I live in Texas (Lewisville/Dallas). Real name is Brett

Hometown: ^

Where can you find me: I generally play LL woods during the week, and or Lake Lewisville. I love the lake course.

Division: Rec. I haven't been playing for very long, and find driving far more interesting than putting. as a consequence, I FH drive 430 ft, and my 50% make circle is probably 10-15ft

Disc Golf History: ~1yr playing seriously

Top Courses:
Lake Lewisville
Bear Creek
LL woods
Turner
Greenbelt

My Bag: In my sig, but is generally overstable due the the FH heavy nature of my game

My Job: I work in financial software

Education: BS in Finance - Indiana University

Sports: Ulty, football, wrestling, ball golf, volleyball

Family: Wife, no kids yet

Tattoos: none

Fears: Snakes in water

Woodpecker I started playing on the toughest wooded course in the area, hence, the nickname. One tree and I have a real love affair going strong after a full year. Rarely, does a round go by without me hitting on her.

Hometown San Antonio, TX.

Where can you find me Courses all over TX, CO and WY. I'm semi-retired so when I get the urge to play, I just pack up and go. Sometimes, for a couple of weeks at a time.

Division Played a B tier in town this last weekend in the rec division and came in 6th place. I'm 60 yrs. old and didn't know they had a Grand Master's division until after the first round. I would have won the ol' fart division by 4 strokes.

Disc Golf History About a year and a half ago, I heard a couple of my pool playing younger friends talking about playing disc golf. They invited me out and I followed them around. The next day, one of them lent me a Buzz and it's been love ever since.

Top Ten Courses

Beaver Meadows: Red Feather Lakes, CO.
East Metro: Manor, TX.
Circle C: Austin, TX.
Edora Park: Fort Collins, CO.
Lake Lewisville: Lewisville, TX.
Live Oak Park, Ingleside, TX.
Wilco: Roundrock, TX.
Brian McClain Park: San Antonio, TX.
Live Oak Park: Live Oak, TX.
Twin Parks: Dripping Springs, TX.

My Bag You name it, it's probably been in there. I am a certified disc junkie.

My Job I retired last September and since then, I have never worked harder in my life. My brother has been buying ranches over the last couple of years and has elected me to do all the work on them. On our main ranch in Del Rio, I just got the okay to build a 9 hole DG course.

Education BS in math from Trinity University which I've never used.

Sports Racquetball, baseball, softball, pool/billiards, golf, tennis, table tennis, track and field, archery, hunting, fishing, etc., etc. Pretty much a competitive athlete most of my life.

Family Married for 21 yrs. She finally laid down the law: "Either give up the sports or give me up!" You know, sometimes, I really miss that bitch. Got three beautiful kids out of that and my 36 yr. old son plays DG with me at least once a week. Now, I follow the philosophy: You don't have to be married more than once to realize that once was once too many."

Tattoos Sorry, no grafitti for me.

Fears I'm too old to be afraid of anything. Had a kidney disease when I was 12 that was suppose to have killed me. Spent over a year in a hospital bed without my feet touching the floor. I way I figure it, I got 48+ years of borrowed time. I've done a lot of retarded stuff since then that should have killed me, so what have I got to be scared about now?

Dreams I want to play the Worlds next year. Plus, if I can pick the way I die, I want to be mounted on Demi Moore and have an elephant step on my ass.

My name is my name ... wanna make something of it? Friends never use my first name, hence I am referred to as Smolin, Smolie, or Smolbag. Also known as a thread killer here on DGR ... self-fulfilling prophecy lurking I wonder?

Hometown Norwalk, CT

Where you can find me Cranbury Park ... just five minutes away lies a hidden gem which will find its spotlight next month with the Cranbury Classic

Division Currently playing Advanced and rated 922. Played six PDGA sanctioned events this year, and I've finished no lower than 7th in four of them. Out of twelve rated rounds in 2010, only three have been below my then current rating. Stoked to finally be playing good golf. Probably looking at one more year in Advanced before calling myself a "professional disc golfer" but only if my rating goes north of 950 ...

Disc Golf History Back in 1999 at the Univ. of Michigan a classmate showed me these golf discs ... eh, I said ... In one ear and out the other. Then in the spring of 2004 a co-worker said he was playing disc golf at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT. Cool I said, I'm down for a round. Picked up a 150 class starter pack, played that day with him and his friends. I got hooked, he never played again. Been playing ever since. At least one round a week all year long.

Top Ten Courses Used to travel A LOT for an old job, and got to play a ton of great courses across the country. In no particular order:

Cranbury Park, Norwalk, CT
Wickham Park, Manchester, CT
FDR State Park, Yorktown Heights, NY
Waterworks, Kansas City, MO
Tyler State Park, Newtown, PA
Borderland State Park, Sharon, MA
Hoover Dam, Columbus, OH
Fountain Hills & Vista Del Camino, Scottsdale and Phoenix, AZ (played the Memorial in 2006)
Veterans Park, Dallas, TX
and many, many others ...

My Bag Wizard, Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, TL, Sidewinder, Wraith, Destroyer, Nuke

My Job Project Manager for Triton Environmental, Inc., which is a private environmental consulting firm. Just started in April 2010 after 15 months of unemployment.

Education B.S. in Environmental Geology from the University of Michigan, 1999

Sports Played basketball recreationally throughout high school and college until about 2005 when I started playing disc golf seriously. Plus my knees had just about had it. But on my birthday this year (I am 33), I was still able to grab the rim pretty easily (I'm 6'3"). A small victory.

Family Married for three years to the most amazing, beautiful, intelligent and stubborn woman. We have an 11-month old son named Benjamin Jacob. I was his primary care-giver for eight months after he was born, and it was the most rewarding and the toughest thing I've ever done. But I put him in his off-road stroller and we went to the park as much as possible. We played all winter as long as the temperature didn't drop below 25 and the wind wasn't whipping. As a result, he's a resilient little guy. We have one dog, Regal, a mutt of beagle-shepard origins who is very protective of Ben.

Tattoos None, my wife and I are Jewish, and if I ever get one, she won't let me get buried next to her in 70 years or so ... but wouldn't mind having my hebrew name in hebrew on my arm.

Fears Not seeing that one random driver on the highway when I absolutely have to.

Dreams Throwing down a 1000-rated round or two (still haven't done that). Being good enough one day to play USDGC, or at least caddy for my son at USDGC in 20 years or so ...

Jesse B 707 707 is my area code......the rest should be easy enough

Hometown Sonoma county CA

Where i can be found Stafford Lake, Luchessi Park, Crane Creek, Skyline, The Arm Farm and courses all over Northern/central Cali

Division Advanced......hopin' to be playing open by worlds next year. Current rating ....979! (i just saw this, way higher than i expected :mrgreen: )

DG history Summer of 2006 a buddy from work invited me out for a round after work.......and the rest is history, played every chance ive had since then

Top courses (in no particular order)
Stafford Lake
DeLa
Orangevale
The Arm Farm
Golden Gate Park
Skyline Park

My Bag Currently
XXX
Destroyer
PD
CD
Aftershock
Meteor
Magnet

My Job Project Manager/Foreman at a Solar energy company

Education No college for me, had to go to work full time as soon as i was free of high school :|

Sports Used to skateboard a lot, mountain biking, pool, poker.....is kind of a sport

Family Just my GF and dogs

Tattoos I have a couple

Fears Don't really stress much

Dreams Owning my own PV business, Designing and building MANY more top quality DG courses in northern CA.....we just dont have enough as is :cry: , getting my DG game consistent enough to compete well in open....gettin there

HavasuDG - I live in Lake Havasu and DG is self-explanatory. My name is Graham, #37909

Hometown Concord/Walnut Creek, CA, all over the Golden state, although I havent lived there in several years

Where i can be found - Grand Island DGC, and at work in swelteringly hot Lake Havasu City, AZ

Division - Advanced

DG history - Grew up playing with catch frisbees, even playing a little "frisbee golf" with my brothers. "I bet I can hit that tree quicker than you." In 05 I lived closed to DeLa and played there a couple times, but played only a couple rounds over the next 3 years. in November of 08 a local boy scout installed a basic open 9 holer here, and Ive played it most days since it was installed and become passionate about the game.

Top courses (in no particular order)
Thorpe Park
DeLa
Sylmar
(Havent played enough courses to have real favorites I want)

My Bag Currently
Wizard
Buzzz
Stalker
Striker
Teerex
Orc
Excal
Boss

My Job - (Chain) Restaurant Manager

Education Some College, but not enough. Exploring how I can finish up and continue my education.

Sports - Formerly played a lot of casual basketball, and high school volleyball. Had major knee surgery when I was 18 and have dislocated it several times since. second more minor knee surgery a couple years ago.

Family Lots of siblings, including an older brother who is my driving competitive force in Disc Golf, Although he lives a couple states away. A GF that will soon be a fiancee.

Tattoos Nada, not opposed, just nothing I want to wear the rest of my life

Fears - Not accomplishing what I'd like to.

Dreams - Finishing school, and maybe going to law school. Not staying in the restaurant industry, and one day fully supporting my future family, and being able to pursue DG at the same time. One day being a 1000 rated player.

Brant Clabaugh. The nick came from a LAN party I was at and I needed something fairly original. I was a Ren & Stimpy fan, but Powdered Toast Man wouldn't fit in one of the game name fields, so I shortened it. "Leave everything to me!"

Hometown: Escondido, CA

Where can you find me: San Diego North County DG courses, especially Kit Carson Park.

Division: Dunno.

Disc Golf History: I've been playing for about 3 months. I got hooked by a couple of friends and have been steadily improving since. Just got my lower speed distance drivers enough power to go the way they're supposed to BH, and working on FH.

Top Courses:

1. Escondido Rotary Club DGC at Kit Carson Park - Escondido, CA
2. Montiel Park - San Marcos, CA
3. CSUSM - San Marcos, CA
4. Sunset Park - San Marcos, CA (tiny putter only course)

My Bag: Aviar P&A R-Pro, Comet Z, Squall ProLine, Aftershock ProLine, Leopard Star, Teebird Star, Stalker Z Glow, Beast Star, Wraith Champion. Sometimes have one or more of these to see how they fly: Beast Champ, Monarch Champ, Rogue SP, Katana Star.

My Job: Computer Operations: Monitor servers, backups, scheduling system jobs.

Education: Mount Carmel High grad 1986, a bit of Palomar College.

Sports: Used to be a soccer, racquetball, and hiking person 25 or so years ago, but found computers and hadn't done much exercise until picking up DG.

Family: Live with my wife and daughter, also have two stepdaughters, and well it's complicated.

Tattoos: No.

Fears: Getting something like Alzheimers and watching my brain deteriorate.

Dreams: Get back to school, chase down a technical writing degree, and become a technical writer "when I grow up". Have the chance to test the theory that money doesn't buy happiness. Play or teach DG until I die.

Benjamin Taylor i have the screen name krazybronco the crazy comes for being half crazy and the K makes it look cooler and the bronco comes from my first truck that I bought was a 86 BroncoII (now is my offroad play toy)
26394_705717170301_33011838_39250391_3613582_n.jpg

Hometown: Augusta GA

Where can you find me: Thursday doubles at Riverview Park

Division: am1 but mostly am2

Disc Golf History: been playing for 4 years and was shown the sport by some coworkers then a friend that i went to school with really taught me how to play started throwing FH but learned a backhand was alot differant than a flipping a FH

Top Courses:

1. IDGC courses (all three of them)
2. the Crucible athens GA
3. Riverview park North Augusta
4. Water Works Kansas City
5. Blue Valley Kansas City
6. Patriots Park Grovetown GA

My Bag: look at the sig

My Job: Student and Braista at a local coffee shop

Education: Greenbrier High school 2005 GA Southern University 05-fall 06 and currently Augusta Technical College studying mechanical engineering technology

Sports: Baseball as a kid then in middle school and high school track and cross country

Family: Live with the rents have on sister at Ga southern

Tattoos: None

Fears: Not finding a real JOB

Dreams: Find a nice gal get married and live happy where i can play discgolf, offroad the b2, hunt and fish, and drink a nice beer

Name: pointdisc. Joined DGR when I was in college in Stevens Point, and I like disc golf

Hometown Currently Waupun, WI. Originally Gibbsville, WI

Where can you find me Either on a lake (for work or fishing), or running Monday doubles league at Crystal Lake Park in Beaver Dam, WI or at league on Tuesdays at Adeilade Park in Fond du Lac, WI.

Division Played Advanced. Need to work on my putting though...

Disc Golf History Always thought it was dumb and was never interested to go play until I got invited in college. Been hooked ever since.

Top Ten Courses
Standing Rocks Park: Stevens Point, WI
Wickham Park: Hartford, CT
Vallarta-Ast: Madison, WI
Anything at Highbridge: Highbridge, WI.
Telemark Resort DGC: Cable, WI
Vollrath: Sheboygan, WI. - The course I started on
Firemen's Park: Waterloo, WI.
Yulga: Stevens Point, WI.
Crystal Lake Park: Beaver Dam, WI. - Home course
Heistand Park: Madison, WI.

My Bag Eagle X (dx & champ), QOLS & SOLF, Star & 11x Firbirds, Star Wraith, E Element X, Champ Rhyno (GUMMY), and Voodoo

My Job Environmental scientist & consultant. Most of my focus is on aquatic invasive species control & planning. This involves lake management plans, aquatic plant surveys & sampling, chemical treatments, and mapping. The other portion of my work is wetland related, mostly delineations. Luckily, I'm in the field most of the time, but this leaves little time for disc golf between may & august...

Education BS in Fisheries & Limnology from University of WI, Stevens Point.

Sports Musky fishing, ice fishing, fishing in general, disc golf, basketball (well, a gus macker team with a stellar 1-22 record over the past 7 years), bar-league volleyball, anything really that a group of friends can get together.

Family Girlfriend of a bit over 2 yrs.

Tattoos 0

Fears Heights. I prefer to stay ground based.

Dreams Got the new boat this year, so that's off the list. But, to move to northern WI. DG related: just win a tournament. Finished top 5 this year, so getting closer.

Name: MOB47 is an old swedish HC band from 1982. My real name is Jesse Cox

Hometown: I was born in Portland, OR but have lived in Medford, OR for 18 years

Where you can find me: practicing at the middle school field down the street from my house since the closest course with baskets is 35 minutes down the freeway. :|

Division: Advanced/Open kinda teetering right now

Disc golf history: I started out in March of 2007 me and a buddy played once in a while and saw a flier for a tourney and thought " What the heck we will go check it out" thinking there would be a few people there and we would play a round and go home. HAHA when we got there our minds were blown. There was about 100 people there and it lasted all day. luckily some real nice lady had extra sandwiches since we thought it would last an hour or two and brought nothing but 3 DX discs a piece. I ended up taking 5th in ams and being extremely hooked ever since. Since then i have ran a ton of leagues, small tourneys, and been to countless city hall meetings trying to install DGC's here (with no luck i might add) I love DG!

Top Courses: In no particular order....
Whistlers Bend, Glide OR
Dexter Lake DGC, Eugene OR
Cougar Ridge DGC, Jackson County OR
Shale City DGC, Jackson County OR
Milo McIver DGC, Estacada OR
Pier Park, Portland OR

My Bag: Drivers:
(2) Xcals, 1 new, 1 beat (Hyzer forehands, FH rollers)
(1) Champ Glow Firebird, (long thumbers, Fh rollers)
(1) KC Banshee, (short thunbers, trick shots)
(2) Star Destroyers, 1 new, 1 beat (forehand drives)
(1) Champ Boss, (long 360 drives, long flat hyzers)
(1) Star Wraith, (long turnover FH & Straight BH)
(1) JO Pro Katana, (very long hyzer flip drives)
(2) Teebirds, (1)TL, (1)10x T (very straight drives, workhorses)
(1) CE Eagle, (straight drives, utility)
(1) Roadrunner, (long turnovers, Rollers)
(1) DX Eagle, extremely beat ( looong rollers, trick shots)
Mids:
(1) Gummy champ Spider (forehand approches)
(1) Star Mako, (turnover approaches)
(2) KC Rocs, 1 beat, 1new, (Backhand approachs)
Putters:
(2) KC Aviars (all putting duties and some approachs)

My Job: Freight Broker

Education: High school diploma South Medford High School

Sports: Baseball and soccer when i was younger, Golf and Disc Golf now

Family: Wife (Twanissa) and two kids 1 boy 20 months old (Harlan Alexander) 1 girl 3 years old(Radley Evelyn)

Tattoos: Alot (arms and chest)

Fears: Drowning, Heights, watching someone drown.

Dreams: Make enough money for my family to live comfortably, and play a ton of disc golf for a long time.

Name: Chris Wojciechowski

Hometown: Toledo, Ohio

Where you can find me: For now - in Toledo. Starting in August - Southeast Georgia.

Division: Open

Disc golf history: My parents accidentally bought me a starter set of disc golf discs in 2005, when I asked for Ultrastars for my birthday. I played Ultimate for Bluffton University at the time. Started out at Ohio Northern University's course, played my first tournament in rec in April 05. Was ready to move up to Intermediate, but lost an eye to a carjacking/pistol-whipping. Stayed rec a lil longer. Moved to Int in the fall of 05. Moved to Advanced for good in the spring of 06, before spending a summer working at Highbridge Hills in Wisconsin. Started winning in Advanced in fall 07 - with four B Tier wins that fall. Took 3rd at the US Amateur Disc Golf Championships in 08 and moved to Open. Won the Kingston Open B Tier in a 3-hole playoff over Barsby and Horne that August. Also managed a top 5 finish at the Bluegrass Open A Tier in 2009. Now working on getting sponsored, should hit 1000 rated in January (averaging 1000 on the nose for 2010).

Top Courses: Winthrop Gold, Great Blue Heron DGC, Highbridge Gold, Blueberry Hill, Stony Creek, J.P. Mosely Park, Fore Palms DGC, Idlewild, Brent Hambrick Memorial DGC, Kensington Toboggan

My Bag:
Champ Monster - high speed overstable
Z Force - high speed stable
ESP Force - high speed understable
ESP Pulse - high speed roller (beat)
Champ Firebird - low speed overstable
Star Teebird - low speed stable
Z XL - low speed understable

ESP Zone - midrange overstable
CryZtal Buzzz - midrange stable
ESP Meteor - midrange understable

D Challenger - stable putter drives
D Challenger - understable putter drives/putting (beat)

My Job: Environmental Educator - employed by Jekyll Island 4-H Center and the University of Georgia

Education: BA in History, University of Toledo - plans for UGA School of Law in a year (once I gain residency)

Sports: Cross Country and Track (HS, 2 years of college), Ultimate (4 years of college)

Family: Lil bro, lil sis, niece, and parents.

Tattoos: Olde English D over my heart, Dynamic Discs logo on my right side, and a flaming sword between my shoulder blades.

Fears: Losing.

Dreams: Competing for a win at Winthrop Gold.

ChrisWoj said:
Was ready to move up to Intermediate, but lost an eye to a carjacking/pistol-whipping.
Wow man that's horrible. Out of curiosity I googled your name and read your story on espn. Did they ever catch the bastard that did it?

Jesse B 707 said:
Dreams Owning my own PV business, Designing and building MANY more top quality DG courses in northern CA.....we just dont have enough as is :cry: , getting my DG game consistent enough to compete well in open....gettin there

Just curious--what's PV?

patdabunny said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Just curious--what's PV?
duh......poundin' vag 8)

PV=Photovoltaic (solar electric)

Yehosha said:
ChrisWoj said:
Was ready to move up to Intermediate, but lost an eye to a carjacking/pistol-whipping.
Wow man that's horrible. Out of curiosity I googled your name and read your story on espn. Did they ever catch the bastard that did it?
Ah I forgot that was up there! (Henry Abbott of Truehoop/ESPN did a story about athletes competing with blindness in one eye, I made a comment under the post and he asked me if he could add it to the article)

Anyway - Nope, they never caught the guy. I mis-wrote that though, I didn't lose the eye, I completely lost vision in it. Lacerated iris, and a crushed retina (plus three or four fractures of the orbital bone). The cops think it was a gang initiation situation.

Jesse B 707 said:
patdabunny said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Just curious--what's PV?
duh......poundin' vag 8)

PV=Photovoltaic (solar electric)

I read that and at first I thought you went into business with Scott Stokely! :shock:

Northern CA is the place for PV. If it was cheaper, I think it would be a viable alterntive. Maybe someday...

BrotherDave aka BroD., aka Brotha Dave., aka Brodie, aka Mr. Dobalina, aka That big, quiet guy that looks like he's plotting everyone's demise, oh yep, See I was right, he just stabbed me with a spear, where the hell did he get that from? or LL Cool J for short = Mild-mannered Dave Allen, esquire and man about shanty town.

Hometown: Climax, NC "Where friends come together"

Where can you find me: North Asheboro, Cedarock/Wellspring, Wilmington, UNCG, opium den, underground fight club.

Division: Unrated n00b, probably Intermediate.

Disc Golf History: Last year of school at UNCW, my buddies introduced me to the game after hearing about it. It was something we could do for free, could drink, and it got us outside. Not long after, I got tired of hitting trees, and shit got real. That was approximately 3 years ago.

Top 10 Courses: (no particular order)

Hornet's Nest, Charlotte, NC
Elon long, Charlotte, NC
Cedarock/Wellspring, Burlington, NC
Castle Hayne, NC
UNC, Chapel Hill, NC
Renny, Charlotte, NC
Glenburnie, New Bern, NC
Fox Chase, Albemarle, NC
Johnson St., High Point, NC
Brent Hambrick Memorial, Columbus, OH.

My Bag: Eagles, Ions, Magic, Starfire (FH), xXx, Monarch, Nebula, Fuse, QMS.

My Job: Student for now, 3rd world warlord or revolutionary milk man later.

Education: BA in History from UNCW, one semester away from a BA in Anthropology from UNCG.

Sports: Hardcore basketball fan for many years, mostly streetball b/c I got into too many locker room brawls and fights when I played organized ball. Haven't played in a while though.

Family: Just the ones that have contributed genes to me so far, and my older bro, thank God. From time to time I spend months traveling with a caravan of Gypsies that have adopted me, whereas I am known as Brother Django.

Tattoos: Not a damn one. Too expensive and I'm too damn random to get anything permanent on me.

Fears: Heart disease I guess.

Dreams: Would love to own a business, either a deli/grill or a bar. I'm kind of a "take one day at a time" kind of person. I'd like to go to grad school for Forensic Anthropology but all the programs are outta state and I'm stacking enough loan debt as it is.

The moustache that best represents you is: A long, thin wispy Fu Manchu a la kung-fu movie villains.

Latest posts