• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Drivers License

They should! We should have a legal test required to take at the DMV. They should also have to be 18 to purchase anything other than a mid or putter. We should limit water intake as well, and pregnancy in crowded areas. yay!

In that case, my worst answer still fits. Best would be any neutral, glidey mid. Comet, Mako, used dx roc..etc.

I'm opening it up to non golf discs.

Would a crappy kids frisbee help? How about a paper plate?

I'm sure disc manufacturers would support the hell out of this idea...

As an 18 year old DGer, I feel that that rule would work if it was like 13 or 14. I hit my only real ace with an Echo Star TeeBird when I was 16! I understand exactly what a disc is supposed to do and as a result I have had multiple people ask me (who have been playing longer than me) to help select a disc or how does this disc fly. I can't quite get a speed 13 driver up to speed but I still throw them becuase they do better into changing winds. I wouldn't have learned to FH if it hadnt been for the Groove and Firebird. I also wouldn't have learned the OH throws if it werent for the Groove and Beast. Basically what you are saying is overkill for those of us who can handle them. It also would have prevented Eagle from being able to go pro so quickly.

They should! We should have a legal test required to take at the DMV. They should also have to be 18 to purchase anything other than a mid or putter. We should limit water intake as well, and pregnancy in crowded areas. yay!
^ I meant to quote this but in my hurried rant I forgot to include the quote.��

I don't know, but when I see a disc golfer pick up a lid and wobble out an ugly roller by accident I think to myself......that dude has no game, and no respect.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are outlawed in the near future(RELAX. I am not saying they should be)

Yikes......OUTLAWED?? Curbs are responsible for millions of more injuries than discs, not too much outcry for their outlaw. I think we are going to get to keep our Boss's for a while longer. :D

Yikes......OUTLAWED?? Curbs are responsible for millions of more injuries than discs, not too much outcry for their outlaw. I think we are going to get to keep our Boss's for a while longer. :D
Curbs aren't being thrown at a dog walker's head by some random meathead drinking natty lite.

Curbs aren't being thrown at a dog walker's head by some random meathead drinking natty lite.

I had to much to drink the other day and I'm pretty freaking sure someone threw the curb at my face. The drink was not natty light though. Nor will it ever be. Rams pee is better.

37684_1216864960771_250_350.jpg

I just wish more people would try throwing putters and mids instead of just drivers, it would clean up their form... at a "beer tier" unsanctioned tournament a few weeks ago I had the fourth or fifth strongest arm in the field (I throw 400, so that says something about the average arm there). Some guy on my card who threw ~335 kept saying how discs were "too understable" for him. I mashed my Proxy on a slight hyzer and parked a 275 foot uphill hole. He takes one look at the throw and asks if he can throw the disc between rounds. He released it with some mad OAT, it cut rolled and maybe went 150, and then handed it back and said "nah man, I don't like it. It's too understable for me." I don't get some of these guys

I used to be one of those guys until an old man beat me with a putter. It wasn't even a floppy gumbputt which is surprising because of how old he was............ Never mind.