• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Rock Ridge Park, Pittsboro, NC

sloppy I'm proud of you and I'm proud of Mr. Houck for getting you to do actual work.

Love you sloppy, mean it!

Hey, I work at least once a month! Whether my boss or my wife asks me to or not.

Yo! You are a big strong guy, why don't you come visit some weekend?????? There are heavy trees to move...:popcorn:

If I feel like it, I'd like to come out there tomorrow. I'll bring some gloves and my usual scathing critique. ;)

If I feel like it, I'd like to come out there tomorrow. I'll bring some gloves and my usual scathing critique. ;)

Dave,

Thanks for pitching in. Just remember that it's still a work in progress, so save some scathe for when we're done.

I love to get input, especially about things we can do better, so please feel feel to let Mr. Sloppy know your thoughts, or you can e-mail directly at [email protected]. Hope you have fun out there.

sloppynstein you have my number. shoot me a text when you think you'll be out there again. remember it's a bit of a drive and I need to plan ahead. I'd love to catch a safari round with you and LoPan some time. I'll try to drag Dave's sorry ass out there too.

Lopan and I will be out there tomorrow morning. We're shooting for 9 AM, but may run a little late after some football viewing and adult beverages tonight. We don't have too much to do tomorrow, so if you can only show limited days feel free to wait until one the next few weekends. After John finishes up his work on a few more holes we'll have plenty to cut and drag. Tomorrow is just cleaning up a few things I have started so John can easily finish his devious design. The 20th and 27th would be good days to have a bigger crew together.

Looking at it on the map, it doesn't look like that bad of a drive from where I live so no biggie if there's not much to do, I'll come out when there is also. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow I'll enjoy the drive anyway.

Cool. We can do a little work, and play the 7 in-process, safari course. If you want, I'll give you the grand tour while we're at it, and we can drag anything that's been missed. Simple stuff. I'll text you when I leave Apex.

I'm gonna try and get there no later than Noon. I might bring John with me if he can drag himself outta bed.

Ok. We usually get out early, and stop for lunch at the brewery on the way home. :D

If you get there around noon we might be done with the work portion of the day, and be ready for a tour and some rough safari golf. If you can't hear the chain saw, head down the right walkway, take a right at the water easement, and follow the semi cleared fairway about 300'. We should be somewhere on 17. There is a map on the park web site somewhere.

Well there was another 'Pittsboro' recovery route success story today. As my name indicates, I ended up in the exact same spot, off the fairway, about 75' or so away from the basket today on #1. It is in a small recovery route or 'Pittsboro' area that Mr. Houck designed. Every other time I have been in there the angle had been just a little off, and 1 stinking tree has blocked any chance of making the shot. But today, I was about 2 feet closer to the fairway, and had a clean line to the basket. My Pure was true its name and found chains from deep. Fun, fun, fun.

I left brotherdave and his brother out there when I left so it will be interesting to someday hear his thoughts on our progress so far.

Well there was another 'Pittsboro' recovery route success story today. As my name indicates, I ended up in the exact same spot, off the fairway, about 75' or so away from the basket today on #1. It is in a small recovery route or 'Pittsboro' area that Mr. Houck designed. Every other time I have been in there the angle had been just a little off, and 1 stinking tree has blocked any chance of making the shot. But today, I was about 2 feet closer to the fairway, and had a clean line to the basket. My Pure was true its name and found chains from deep. Fun, fun, fun.

I left brotherdave and his brother out there when I left so it will be interesting to someday hear his thoughts on our progress so far.

Another heartwarming PITTSBORO success story. Good to hear. Thanks, Mr. Sloppy. Nice shot.

How did it go today? Did Art come with you?

Mark you know I'm not free until after 2pm on Sunday. I have to schedule my trip to the confessional for tournaments.

Yeah me and Art got a little cleaning up finished on 17. Then we played a quick round. We left BroD out their with a napkin map I drew him. Still no word for him. He may still be there. :confused:

New013,

There are 7 baskets in right now. 1-4, 10-12. It is an odd loop we created to give the people that have been working some post labor fun. It is a little bit of a safari course. Mr. Houck will be here for 2 weeks putting his finishing touches on the course, so if you wait a month or so it should be a little more representative of its final version.

Keltic,

Pick a Saturday that you can make it, and we'll work it out. BroD said he'd come too.

John and I had a good time. Those 7 holes are pretty sweet so far. I wasn't really keeping score b/c I was busy trying to remember where the holes were via Sloppy's instructions about the "map." :p

I do remember getting a deuce on the short one, 3 or 4 I think. The one with the basket slightly on the right and its got a big low spot before the basket. I didn't feel like I was overwhelmed with any unfair difficulty. My brother is a bit more erratic on his drives, especially since he hadn't played in a while so the course was punishing him a bit more but he was definitely having fun.

I'm afraid I didn't contribute much to working on the course but I did snip a fair share of briers down to the ground.

Looking forward to coming out there again! :thmbup:

#4. Great flippy mid or putter off the tee shot. Pretty hole. Only hole I have birdied out there too. Glad you enjoyed everything.

Well, I've had four good days out on the course this week (including a review of all 18 with Mr. Sloppy, and one with Jeff and Noah), and I will finally be here for a work day on Sunday. Hope some of you can join us.

I guess there'll be a little more water in the creek tomorrow... after the snow melts. What's the deal? I wasn't really expecting snow on this trip, nor was I expecting ticks, but the show must go on. It's all coming together, and I'm really looking forward to getting this course open. I think we're going to have a lot of happy golfers.

Wish I could come own and help out on sunday but I am finsishing the design on my own course project.

Latest posts