• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Rock Ridge Park, Pittsboro, NC

Bragger. By the way, what is up with Oakboro? I haven't heard anything.

Excellent question. Last I heard whoever was cutting the trees had postponed til the first of January. I have heard nothing since then. I need to get on the horn with Rodney and find out what the deal is.

Glad to know I am now a Bagger and a bragger.

A real bragger would say "finishing the second course design in 2 weeks" :D

Last edited:
Excellent question. Last I heard whoever was cutting the trees had postponed til the first of January. I have heard nothing since then. I need to get on the horn with Rodney and find out what the deal is.

Glad to know I am now a Bagger and a bragger.

A real bragger would say "finishing the second course design in 2 weeks" :D

YAY !!!

Wish I could come own and help out on sunday but I am finsishing the design on my own course project.

Not to worry; we understand. Beggers can't be choosers, especially when it comes to bagger/braggers.

Congrats on your new courses. Hope I can see them some day.

how long will you be in town john? I can likely make it out next weekend or week sometime

I'll be here on and off for about ten more days. Definitely planning on the workday next Sunday the 27th. Of course, if anyone can ever come down on a weekday, there's always lots to do. If you give us notice, one of us should be able to meet you out there.

yea next week is my first week in a very long time where i don't have my schedule mostly full, i'll see if i can come out there and lend a hand again.

sounds good that sunday will likely be the best bet if I can make it. I will let you know as we get closer. I will work on any hole except 17 haha. jk

What a treat to meet Jim and Jeff from Durham today. With the two of them, plus the always-there Jeff and Noah, and special guest star Jason Hendrickson, we got a ton of work done. That's on top of everything Noah and Jeff did yesterday (Noah had a huge solo day). 14 holes are 90-100% cleared now, and we're almost ready to start the real fine-tuning, including limbing.

We know Mr. Sloppy was with us in spirit and will be back as soon as he's able. Hope you're feeling better, Mr. S.

Course is looking great.

Thanks John. Glad to hear you guys survived without me. I was going to come out bundled up in a parka and yell instructions, but I figured you guys would do quite well without my help. I have to catch up on some work this week, but hope to get out a few times as soon as possible. I can't wait to see the progress.

On an interesting note, I have discovered that it is virtually impossible to over dose on Nyquil. :gross:

There will be a small crew out at Rock Ridge today after 2 Pm if anyone would like to come lend a hand. We're going to give it a little time for the ice and crusty stuff to melt a little first.

^ I'll more than likely be out there tomorrow, my bald tires don't screw around with ice.

^ I'll more than likely be out there tomorrow, my bald tires don't screw around with ice.

Update from the park. There is some ice and snow on the course, but all the roads were fine. Only the park road itself still needs to melt. There's also ice in one other place that struck me as very funny, but good taste prohibits me from saying it here. Come out this aftenoon or tomorrow to find out.

Another local update. Tree guy was out today cutting down the huge dangerous trees we wouldn't tackle. There will be some clean up, but it's good to have it done. Jeff and I cut and cleared all the new stuff Mr. Houck marked and updated on #1. #1 is pretty much done other than removing a few big, dead stumps. For those of you that have played it, the tee pad is now back a little farther, but a few of the pesky trees and branches that were knocking down drives are gone. It's a little longer, but there is a slight bit more room to work with. It looks good.

Jeff also got a few holes dug for some collars so things are progressing nicely. Rumor is that Mr. Houck will be back again soon for another round of destruction.

Got out to walk Rock Ridge today after not being able to be there the last few weeks. Things are in their final stages, and Mr. Houck is pretty much done with his part. There is a lot of new dragging to be done as well as a decent amount of cutting. Some is fine tuning a few holes, and some is on the last few holes that need work. Anyone that has time feel free to come out and drag what you can on the weekends. Jeff, Noah or I am out there most weekends. I'll post any large work days that are scheduled when they are planned.

Also feel free to play the holes with baskets. 1-6, and 10-12 are all in the ground now. PLEASE do not throw hole #7 yet. It has been started and mostly cut, but needs some fine tuning to ensure that no discs end up in the yard or driveway to the right. The home owner is not excited about a disc golf course next door so we need to do everything we can to prevent any homeowner/disc encounters.

If anyone has a few hundred thousand dollars burning a hole in their pocket please buy the house and prevent any problems we may run into. :p

you want me to weave a giant net to stop discs from going on to 7

Sure, that would help. No updates at this time. I was up in the mountains the last three days so I haven't been to the course. I have a few days off this week so I hope to get out and do some work. I'll post an update after I get out there this week.