• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

Disc Golf Talked About On a Cubs Broadcast

From dgpromo

You are mentioned during Cubs Broadcast !!!
Hello Valkyrie Kid,

The Cubs game announcer mentions you and your nickname (5/8/19) during the broadcast. (And does a short blurb on disc golf.)

It is currently on youtube Cubs Disc Golf

Record this....congrats.

Mike & Cathy Kamm
Midwest Disc Golf
Lombard, IL

Some history.

My son, Quinn Wolcott, is a Major League Baseball umpire. My smart ass son in law, who is a federal agent, loves to dish on me about my disc golf courses played addiction and about how all disc golfers are dope smoking hippies, etc. etc. Although, I occasionally get him out to a course with me.

Anyway, as a big joke, he added to Quinn's Wikipedia page that Quinn's father is a legend in the Disc Golf Community. Quinn was recently working the plate during a Cubs game and the broadcasters had actually done some research, checking his wikopedia page and commented on Quinn's father, the Valkyrie Kid being a legend. (If they could only see me throw).

Anyway, they discussed disc golf for part of an inning, actually showed a basket, etc. Quinn sent me the Facebook link but I have no idea how to post the link. Maybe one of you can post the link.

You tube Cubs Disc Golf

From dgpromo

You are mentioned during Cubs Broadcast !!!
Hello Valkyrie Kid,

The Cubs game announcer mentions you and your nickname (5/8/19) during the broadcast. (And does a short blurb on disc golf.)

It is currently on youtube Cubs Disc Golf

Record this....congrats.

Mike & Cathy Kamm
Midwest Disc Golf
Lombard, IL

Some history.

My son, Quinn Wolcott, is a Major League Baseball umpire. My smart ass son in law, who is a federal agent, loves to dish on me about my disc golf courses played addiction and about how all disc golfers are dope smoking hippies, etc. etc. Although, I occasionally get him out to a course with me.

Anyway, as a big joke, he added to Quinn's Wikipedia page that Quinn's father is a legend in the Disc Golf Community. Quinn was recently working the plate during a Cubs game and the broadcasters had actually done some research, checking his wikopedia page and commented on Quinn's father, the Valkyrie Kid being a legend. (If they could only see me throw).

Anyway, they discussed disc golf for part of an inning, actually showed a basket, etc. Quinn sent me the Facebook link but I have no idea how to post the link. Maybe one of you can post the link.

You tube Cubs Disc Golf

Here it is, Tracy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinn_Wolcott

They mentioned that vkid is a legend in the Disc Golf community..... they forgot to mention why. They could of added that he is even more of a legend on this site, where he is known for writing more reviews on courses than anyone else and is also known for playing any course that gets in his way, no matter how crappy the course. :D

Textbook example of an irresponsibly designed hole, and what can be done to make it safer.

Hope she heals up nicely.

Sounds like another one of us going on about how we despise poorly designed courses that incorporate playgrounds in the design. It's obvious here that the playground should indeed be moved. :D

Sounds like another one of us going on about how we despise poorly designed courses that incorporate playgrounds in the design. It's obvious here that the playground should indeed be moved. :D

One should consider all the alternatives when problem solving.

Last edited:
Speaking of The Valkyrie Kid (and yes, I've encountered him on one of his course visits in my area!), here's one of his cons listed for that Spokane course with the playground incident. The review was five years ago:

>>I guess inexperienced players could hyzer their shot into the playground on # 2.<<

I looked up his PDGA stats and see he was inactive from 2007-2019 with his only tourney being the one he sponsored this year. Apparently, the roofing business in Florida is quite lucrative. Who knew?

Hurricanes and tropical storms.

Latest posts