• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

It could just as easily be summed up as, At the clinic, he was not in tournament mode, or even shooting a round mode. No pressure, no errant shots to screw up his head, no competitors trying to get into his head, etc.

IF we are trying explain the inner workings of another's mind or mindset. Which we really shouldn't do.

I've never met the man, but I've heard a whole lot more good stuff than bad. Everyone has an off day or three.

That may be true but definitely not my experience with him. I had found a lost disc of his and I went out of my way to return it to him. I got a bored barely audible "Thanks" and he walked away. Had I known, I would have just kept the disc.

Genuine question. Did you return the disc to be thanked, or because it was the right thing to do? Seems to me that you made a good call, regardless of the reply. Sometimes, doing the right thing is enough thanks in and of itself.

Genuine question. Did you return the disc to be thanked, or because it was the right thing to do? Seems to me that you made a good call, regardless of the reply. Sometimes, doing the right thing is enough thanks in and of itself.

I was joking when I said I should have kept it.

I like Philo and have no problem with him.

Here's the rest of the story. Philo was playing the BHMO and lost a Firebird. I had heard he and his caddie spent a lot of time looking for it but no luck. A few months later someone gave it to me. I mentioned to his caddie that I had it and dude said Philo would be excited to get it back. The next year, I ran into the caddie and he said Philo heard the disc was found and was stoked. So, with all that buildup, to have him practically ignore me when I gave it to him was a little disappointing. That's it. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. No hate for Philo.

Why did the person that found it give it to you? Do you run the tourney or something?

Not exactly in the news but this is at the local International Airport.

picture.php

Not exactly in the news but this is at the local International Airport.

picture.php

^^^^ Love that. Somehow it lends just one more level of legitimacy to our little game.

Nice. Except that Branson is selling his sh*t off. Virgin Mobile is now Boost. I guess to his credit he's trying to keep the mega-airlines from owning everything.

This morning's tales of idiots:

70 U. of TX students rented a charter plane and flew to Mexico for spring break. 20 came back with C-19. All families involved now quarantined at home.

Straight up Darwin award material, students and their parents.

Coastal MS is about to close its beaches to out-of-staters 'cause people from New Orleans keep coming here to hang out.

This morning's tales of idiots:

70 U. of TX students rented a charter plane and flew to Mexico for spring break. 20 came back with C-19. All families involved now quarantined at home.

Straight up Darwin award material, students and their parents.

Coastal MS is about to close its beaches to out-of-staters 'cause people from New Orleans keep coming here to hang out.

COVIDIOTS !! :wall::wall::wall:

Even South Dakota has stuff for its big cities as well as parts of the Black hills (tourist area) on Corona Virus in the the least populated state per square mile of the lower 48. I agree with most of what the governor has been doing since March 14 from the most obvious state governor who looks and acts like a person on meth/speed, or worst case is missing a part of her brain (not functioning) that keeps people from being able to act normal even by USA politician standards.

Even South Dakota has stuff for its big cities as well as parts of the Black hills (tourist area) on Corona Virus in the the least populated state per square mile of the lower 48. I agree with most of what the governor has been doing since March 14 from the most obvious state governor who looks and acts like a person on meth/speed, or worst case is missing a part of her brain (not functioning) that keeps people from being able to act normal even by USA politician standards.

Apart from your post not making any sense, what "stuff" does SD have for its' big cities on the Corona virus? Your claim that SD is "least populated / sq mi in the lower 48" is not correct. Wyoming, Montana and ND have lower population density than SD.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population_density

Where are you on the Gulf Coast? My folks are in Diamondhead.

In Gulfport. Its not bad here yet, but New Orleanians with vacation homes keep coming to escape N.O. and bringing the virus with them. :mad::thmbdown:

I think it's time to close state borders to everything except essential goods and services.

Last edited:

Latest posts