• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

Man sucker punched while playing disc golf at Morley Field

Dante Mena was playing disc golf with family and friends on August 5. When he saw a man breaking off tree branches, he asked him to stop. He soon realized there were two men when they became angry that he spoke up.

"They were upset that I disrespected them by doing that," Mena said. "I just kept saying I'm not trying to disrespect you. And you know kind of mid-sentence or right in between there things went black. I didn't see anything coming, I had no clue."

DAAAAAAAMN! Not that I wanna see anybody get sucker punched, but at least it was not a news story painting disc golfers as A-Holes.

We don't know the branch-breaking sucker punchers aren't disc golfers, but they're certainly A-holes. I assume they are golfers if they were on the course.

Anyone who starts clammering on about respect/disrespect like that is a schmuck looking for a fight. Might not have been a DGer, just a giant turd. Dante Mena should have recognized this and told the dude that HE was the one being disrespectful and to get off his course, then start chucking his discs at the guys. While they're distracted he can run up and sucker punch THEM, with a spinning heel kick as a finishing move. Log them in as a couple extra holes and mark them as birdies, at the least.

They look like a couple of dirt-bag a-holes, no bags, no gear. Even as they walk across the road, off the course, they weren't carrying anything.
Good of the cardmates to step in and run the dbags off. Don't understand why they would have randomly been breaking branches. You can't hide class! :wall:

If ever our community should do something for someone this is it. Would love to send the guy a thank you disc or some such. If anyone has info I'd like to have it. Takes guts to stand up for our community sometimes.

Found this YouTube video on Reddit and it shows the whole video in much better quality. I hate seeing violence on the course but here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwSe6QKQNs

Man, that is just harsh. Life is too short and the world filled with too many douchebags. Hope they find the toad and appropriately jail him. I cannot tell you the number of times I have asked people to stop breaking trees, benches, signs.....or stop drawing on tables, benches, tree, signs. Always calmly, but this goes to show that there is no upper douchebag boundaries.

Anyone who starts clammering on about respect/disrespect like that is a schmuck looking for a fight. Might not have been a DGer, just a giant turd. Dante Mena should have recognized this and told the dude that HE was the one being disrespectful and to get off his course, then start chucking his discs at the guys. While they're distracted he can run up and sucker punch THEM, with a spinning heel kick as a finishing move. Log them in as a couple extra holes and mark them as birdies, at the least.

Why is it that the people least deserving of respect are the ones always yammering about being disrespected?

Why is it that the people least deserving of respect are the ones always yammering about being disrespected?

Because they get little to none. They have very little grasp of what the concept means. It is like trying to discuss common sense with someone who has none. Or talking about right and wrong, with a person who willfully choses to deny they understand the difference.

Most people confuse respect with dignity. Everyone has dignity, but for the most part, as stated before, respect is earned.

Wow, what a di¢k move. Always have to be on guard when approaching a stranger.

…city rules

Right. I feel real bad for the guy and you could tell he really did not expect things to escalate like that, which makes it even worse. In my experience if you are going to call someone out you have to be ready for violence. My intuition would of been firing hard with this dude but the victims posture showed he never even considered an attack. I hope they catch the guy and he gets ruined criminally and civilly.

Latest posts