• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf made Sportscenter Top 10!

I used to play it with some people in MPLS that came from England and hit a "hat-trick" once which literally set the neighborhood in a roar. I seriously had no idea really what I was doing outside of the fact it was pretty similar to baseball and kickball.

I went to a small catholic grade school and we played a week or two of cricket every year in phy. ed. class. Was that the norm in public schools too?

Just wanted to point out that while much of that gallery was players, one of Brent Hambricks' goals in the days of the Columbus Open was to get non-playing spectators out to the course. Introduce them to the sport and help grow it. Sound familiar? Lots of local press leading up to the tourney encouraging people to come out, especially for the final. To that end there were giveaways just for the public that coincided with the build-up to the Final 9. Free mini's, ice cream, etc. There was a public putting contest closed to competitors where the winner got a practice basket. Bleachers were even set up on the edges of 18's fairway.

We had a group of 5 guys that went to BHMO last year just to watch the pros! Granted, we play competitively.... but we weren't the only ones there just to watch.

I went to a small catholic grade school and we played a week or two of cricket every year in phy. ed. class. Was that the norm in public schools too?

Not where I grew up.
I knew what cricket was, but never actually played it until I got to Afghanistan. Those little Afghan kids were amazing bowlers. Try defending the wicket against a 4 foot nothing kid with a 120 MPH bowl...not so easy.:(

Those little Afghan kids were amazing bowlers. Try defending the wicket against a 4 foot nothing kid with a 120 MPH bowl...not so easy.:(

Imagine how fast they could bowl if their cricket balls had gyro...