• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf made Sportscenter Top 10!

The Sportscenter Top 10 exposure can only help and if anything can be put in the go to list of selling points for disc golf(at least for a local activist such as myself). I think the next and more impactful step would be to get disc golf on the update feed ticker for at least the Worlds and USDGC. Don't have to do a cover story(although that would be great) but have some arrangement with PDGA to have their live scores for the top 2 or 3 cards linked to espn and on the ticker once an hour would be huge. Back to the ace! How awesome was that? I would retire, haha! Congrats Nate Doss

Yea if they have cricket on the score ticker why not dg?:confused:

See, had McBeth his way that basket would've been smaller and probably not catch the ace, then we wouldn't have this exposure. :p

And 15,000 people watched the memorial live! So... you know... We're almost there.

#sportGrown

Cricket is watched by billions worldwide.

If most of the people on the Indian subcontinent and the Rep. of South Africa had TVs, this might be true, but only the UK can actually "watch" most of their games on the tube. No, its more like 100 million, maybe. And thats including Austrailia and Hongkong.

'Course, if DG had that many viewers/participants, they'd be charging greens fees at municipal courses, pros would play with new discs/bags at every tourney, course guides would have consulting jobs for DG tours, and groundskeepers could raise a family of 4 on their salary.

Last edited:
Cricket is watched by billions worldwide.

Cricket easily has billions watching.

Nothing on Earth is ever viewed by billions (plural) of people. But both the 2014 World Cup Final, and the 2015 Cricket World cup Final drew over one billion viewers. The numbers are staggering, and makes our little game we call "football" look puny.

Funny how it is some of you guys wet dream to have DG be a huge "sport" and feel accepted by the public at large...:|

Then Finally you get a little glimmer of hope when ESPN puts a DG clip in the Top 10 and the thread about it becomes a derailed argument on Cricket? :wall:

Yeah, America knows cricket...and his name is Jimeny!

Last edited:
Nothing on Earth is ever viewed by billions (plural) of people. But both the 2014 World Cup Final, and the 2015 Cricket World cup Final drew over one billion viewers. The numbers are staggering, and makes our little game we call "football" look puny.

This is America. You capitalize Football.

2008 summer Olympics. Billions of viewers. Just saying.

seriously?

Wow, I read the title post and skipped to page six....cricket?
This is about disc golf peeps... and that huge putt that big jerm put in to put the pressure on Paul...and he makes a lesser of a putt that all of us would be running to the basket and hooting. ...that is disc golf....at a very pro level.

Wow, I read the title post and skipped to page six....cricket?
This is about disc golf peeps... and that huge putt that big jerm put in to put the pressure on Paul...and he makes a lesser of a putt that all of us would be running to the basket and hooting. ...that is disc golf....at a very pro level.
Apparently, some people cant recognize a joke when they see one.

Yes by all means return to the topic at hand. Nate is really good, Jerm is too.

Latest posts