• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on Time Warp!!!!!

Blink said:
The job looked pretty done when I checked that forum out. The 2nd biggest thread I saw was the skateboarding one, and disc golf had way way more posts.
Skateboarding has already be done on Time Warp too.

steezo said:
Blink said:
The job looked pretty done when I checked that forum out. The 2nd biggest thread I saw was the skateboarding one, and disc golf had way way more posts.

Disc Golf should definitely be the next sport on their list.

What, Do I have to leave my number for them to call??

Patiently Waiting.....................

Aviar7495 said:
steezo said:
Blink said:

Disc Golf should definitely be the next sport on their list.

What, Do I have to leave my number for them to call??

Patiently Waiting.....................

Maybe it's off season between shoots/planning and maybe they have a season booked. Assuming they'll make the next season. Dunno where they're at. But perhaps calling them might expedite things?

Any news on this front? Been starting to see commercials for Discovery Channel's fall lineup and Time Warp is indeed back for another season.

Anything we can do to ensure DG is on it?

Avery

I had the idea the other day that if Time Warp doesnt work out that maybe Sport Science on FSN might be another place to get disc golf on the mainstream.

the link to their site is
http://msn.foxsports.com/sportscience

One of my buddies spoke with Avery at the PFDO this past weekend. Avery told him that he went to some PGA tour tournament just to watch and he got talking to one of the higher ups who works at the Golf Channel. The guy knew Avery and they talked for a little while and Avery told my buddy that the guy is very interested in having disc golf on the Golf Channel. Lets keep out fingers crossed.

Edit : and thanks to Avery for trying to get our sport out there.

Pat said:
One of my buddies spoke with Avery at the PFDO this past weekend. Avery told him that he went to some PGA tour tournament just to watch and he got talking to one of the higher ups who works at the Golf Channel. The guy knew Avery and they talked for a little while and Avery told my buddy that the guy is very interested in having disc golf on the Golf Channel. Lets keep out fingers crossed.

that would be sweet but the question is how would the ball golfers respond to discgolf being on their channel im just thinking out loud and dont get me wrong i would love to get discgolf on tv

have you ever watched the golf channel real late or real early? There are some crazy infomercials on at that hour. I think they would be less upset about disc golf being on their network.

Pat said:
have you ever watched the golf channel real late or real early? There are some crazy infomercials on at that hour. I think they would be less upset about disc golf being on their network.

no i have not see it late at night but i also do not watch the golf channel all that much

They needed more sustained interest on the boards rather than just bursts.

Otherwise it just looks like a bump from some websites generating a short buzz, rather than a real audience.

krazybronco said:
Pat said:

that would be sweet but the question is how would the ball golfers respond to discgolf being on their channel im just thinking out loud and dont get me wrong i would love to get discgolf on tv

The response will likely be mixed. I played a round of DG with a golf professional who plays DG daily. We are in agreement that DG is golf with just different equipment. I'm sure some of the other golfers would sneer at DG.

JR said:
The response will likely be mixed. I played a round of DG with a golf professional who plays DG daily. We are in agreement that DG is golf with just different equipment. I'm sure some of the other golfers would sneer at DG.

I agree, at the company where I work, there are a lot of ball golf players. I've discussed about disc golf vs. ball golf with them, and unfortunately majority of them seem to think that disc golf is some kind of a kids hobby instead of a proper sport. Which is kind of funny, since in essence it's the same game played with different equipment. Haven't asked them to come on the course and play, since these guys on the other hand are the sort of people that I wouldn't spend any of my free time with them anyways, since they're all about money, snobbing and trends. And I'm sure they wouldn't even have a go at it.

Sopuli said:
JR said:

I agree, at the company where I work, there are a lot of ball golf players. I've discussed about disc golf vs. ball golf with them, and unfortunately majority of them seem to think that disc golf is some kind of a kids hobby instead of a proper sport. Which is kind of funny, since in essence it's the same game played with different equipment. Haven't asked them to come on the course and play, since these guys on the other hand are the sort of people that I wouldn't spend any of my free time with them anyways, since they're all about money, snobbing and trends. And I'm sure they wouldn't even have a go at it.

Returning to the topic sort of we need ideas about a large enough open field and preferably at least 3 meters tall platform to stand on to video from top down. Guess who's coming to town to get high speed video :-D :!:

I thought of Siltamäki DG course center if we can rustle up enough people to warn passers by of fast flying discs when Avery, Valarie and whomever other that's interested in getting themselves videoed during/around Tali Open. We just need either tall ladders or hire some lifting equipment and I don't know how much it will cost. Or what super high ladders cost and where to get them. Maybe the soccer field there is large enough if it's vacant. I need to contact the city about that too to map out possibilities. Are you aware of a 260+ meter wide flat field with preferably low enough vegetation to find discs around here with either natural elevation, bird watching towers, sport complexes etc. that could help? It's too bad about the fences spoiling the soccer field complex by Messukeskus.

Edit: I'll also take hints on hills, cliffs and pedestrian overpasses for vantage points.

Sorry to necro an old thread but did anything ever come of this? I haven't seen Time Warp advertised for at least a year so I'm assuming it got cancelled? That's a shame because I loved watching it. I missed out on the campaign to get disc golf featured so I'm curious if there's any other show / channel out there now that would be worth pursuing? Did the Golf Channel thing pan out?

Yea, it looks like they started to here but they only aired 3 episodes of season 3 and then *poof*.

Haven't heard of anything of that kind yet. Disc golf and slow motion disc golf has been on TV in the US on community TV stations in the show Disc Golf Live. The producer Joe wander is a member here as discgolflive. IIRC slo mo from Tali open 2009 was in the show number 39.

We thought to make Time warp and other TV programs a showcase of DG in slo mo and here is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHSZyYAVPbs

Latest posts