• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Prodigy

oh wow they really did drop Feldy. What is he doing now? is just coaching or did he walk away from the team? did he get fired from the university? He's moving in with Leiviska? I'm confused...

chunk said:
innova drops feldberg and keeps a non-winning twit like avery??? this makey no sensey.

Avery is a good representative for Innova...Feldberg, not so much.

keltik said:
JHern said:
chunk said:
innova drops feldberg and keeps a non-winning twit like avery??? this makey no sensey.

could you kindly expound upon that?

Gotta defend Feldy a little here. I feel that he's a great teacher and ambassador for the sport. He got the college disc golf team implemented at U of Oregon and has held many great clinics and classes there and in the Eugene area. He's whined etc in the past but so have a lot of players.....including Avery. Avery hit the ground so hard with his fist during the final 9 @ BSFling one year that I swear I felt it from about five feet away. We're all human and it happens to the best of us, but I know from numerous interactions with Dave that he truly loves the sport and loves teaching it to people.

keltik said:
JHern said:
chunk said:

could you kindly expound upon that?

I'd prefer you find out for yourself, don't take anyone else's word, meet him and see for yourself. I don't mind Dave all that much, I think he's just hyper and high strung a lot of times, and I've known a lot of people like him. And he puts in an awful lot of work for the sport, and continues to do good things. I'm also rough at times (although I don't represent anyone but myself), so I give a lot of latitude to others, and hope they return the favor if I ever come off as a jerk (which is inevitable at times, I often volunteer to be the one to speak up when nobody else is willing). I've been more offended by things other big name pros said or did, and still I let it go because I know it was in the passion of the moment, and they didn't know what they were talking about.

Still, Dave rubs a lot of other folks the wrong way, whining, complaining, etc....there's even an expression I hear often these parts: "stop being a Feldberg!" This is really no secret, he is legendary for this kind of thing, and he knows it just as well as anyone else. I think he's trying to get better. He isn't quite as bad as Patrick Brown, who we're already accustomed to seeing more frequently.

Avery, on the other hand, is just a really nice guy, and over time he (and his entire family) really stand out as class acts. Only once did I ever see him blow up and kick his bag, and that was a few years ago, and more or less in private. The thing that people complain about with Avery is that he seems more into self-promotion than anything else, but I personally don't think there is anything wrong with that. Avery does more work than 3 guys can do when he shows up to work days, and put in a great deal of work around here...so that earned him a lot of points. I'm pretty sure he puts in an equal amount of effort in every other thing he is involved with, which is a lot (always something new).

I see what you're saying. He did seem in full oscillation mode when he did Conan a few years ago, I had chalked that up to being nervous and on TV.

I don't blame Avery for the self promotion thing. It appears that is all most pros have in this sport at the moment. the whole Prodigy Collective hasn't really shown anything as of yet.

I guess I understand Dave because I've spent most of my professional career around Michiganders. Complaining is just how they talk.

keltik said:
I guess I understand Dave because I've spent most of my professional career around Michiganders. Complaining is just how they talk.

*super offended by this blanketing/mass generalization/stereotyping of the state racism type wtf mofo you wanna fight? you go to hell, you go to hell and die!!!

My wife's family is all Yoopers and they bitch more than anyone I know.

But then again the U.P. ain't really Michigan

chunk said:

What makes you say Avery is a twit and he has won a world title? PR gold. Yeah yeah past glories and all that but the man is a champ and his long drives are still entertaining and exciting. I've met him a few times and done some video work with him and he is a nice guy. So what gives?

Frank Delicious said:
My wife's family is all Yoopers and they bitch more than anyone I know.

But then again the U.P. ain't really Michigan

shiiit, yoopers are some of the most laid back people I know.

Flipflat said:
shiny happy person over here

btw, what line of work you in?

I was in automotive for the last decade. What other industry puts southerners around Michiganders?

I do own a Yooper hat! that thing is so warm.

JR said:
chunk said:

What makes you say Avery is a twit and he has won a world title? PR gold. Yeah yeah past glories and all that but the man is a champ and his long drives are still entertaining and exciting. I've met him a few times and done some video work with him and he is a nice guy. So what gives?
XXXXXXX

i'm not saying feldberg is a model disc golfer or a stand up guy, but he has won WAY more than avery and from where i sit appears to have done more to promote disc golf among the masses.

edit: my momma always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut."

I went to a clinic with both of these guys at Am Worlds in Milwaukee (2007 I think?). Both were nice guys, both were knowledgable. The difference I saw was that Avery really seemed like he wanted to be there, Feldberg seemed more like he had to be there. It was a subtle difference, and I don't know that I'd point to any particular thing that Feldy did "wrong". It was just one of those intangibles. When you are dealing with corporate sponsorships, it's those intangibles that are much more important than the length of your list of credentials. Easy to get more credentials, really hard to get a new attitude.

I just read on the other site that Feldberg is facing a removal from the PDGA BoD and a possible suspension. This came from who I'm sure is Jeremy Koling (User ID BigJerm)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1790155&postcount=111

Leopard said:
chunk said:
edit: my momma always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut."
my momma used to say that too, then i explained the internet to her and she said, "Zachary you go tell those fuckin idiots what's what!"

This is written in jest. Do i get it right that with that kind of attitude anyone could reply like so: Can i fuck yo mama so that i can become your daddy and tell you to shut the hell up because you're leading the kiddies down a dangerous path? :-D 8) :mrgreen: And then tell Zach go ahead burn 'em :wink:

JR said:
Leopard said:
chunk said:
my momma used to say that too, then i explained the internet to her and she said, "Zachary you go tell those fuckin idiots what's what!"

This is written in jest. Do i get it right that with that kind of attitude anyone could reply like so: Can i fuck yo mama so that i can become your daddy and tell you to shut the hell up because you're leading the kiddies down a dangerous path? :-D 8) :mrgreen: And then tell Zach go ahead burn 'em :wink:

JR you understand US English better than any Finn I've ever met! :lol: