• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Prodigy

allsport1313 said:
I don't know about all that, I thought the video was pretty sweet. As long as one can understand that its not commonplace for disc golfers smash glasses and plates in public parks, it's pretty hard to get worked up over it.

Why don't you test that theory out? I think you should find out what course they filmed the video at. If the course is in a public park, then take the time to forward the video to the city's parks and recreation department. I would be fascinated to hear the results.

Why couldn't they have just shot this in someones garage, warehouse, or an old abandoned building? Poor decision.

Jerbob said:
allsport1313 said:
I don't know about all that, I thought the video was pretty sweet. As long as one can understand that its not commonplace for disc golfers smash glasses and plates in public parks, it's pretty hard to get worked up over it.

Why don't you test that theory out? I think you should find out what course they filmed the video at. If the course is in a public park, then take the time to forward the video to the city's parks and recreation department. I would be fascinated to hear the results.

Why couldn't they have just shot this in someones garage, warehouse, or an old abandoned building? Poor decision.

Thanks for backing me up, I agree it would have been perfectly fine if done in a garage or other setting besides a public park. Young kids don't really understand this, and it's something that some people unfortunately never learn, and they're the ones we have to worry about when it comes to the PR side of disc golf organizing.

jsun3thousand said:
this thread should be called"silly youtube video with < 2000 views destroys fringe sport image around the world."

:lol: Good point.

jsun3thousand said:
this thread should be called"silly youtube video with < 2000 views destroys fringe sport image around the world."

This pretty much sums it up.

Also, it's good to know there are some easily huttburt, condescending posters here. For a while it was looking like DGCR had them on lock.

images

Hilarious.

I've seen those before, didn't know they were from the u.p. Kinda has a euro-cheese look to it, a lot of people are finnish up there, maybe that has something to do with it.

Hey Stiff- ever been to a beach up there that was completely grey? 3 mile point maybe? Buddy of mine was taking me on a day tour on some 4 wheelers, and we came out of the woods and hit this beach that was all grey sand. Something to do with the runoff from the iron mining nearby. Pretty neat.

Flipflat said:
images

Hilarious.

I've seen those before, didn't know they were from the u.p. Kinda has a euro-cheese look to it, a lot of people are finnish up there, maybe that has something to do with it.

Hey Stiff- ever been to a beach up there that was completely grey? 3 mile point maybe? Buddy of mine was taking me on a day tour on some 4 wheelers, and we came out of the woods and hit this beach that was all grey sand. Something to do with the runoff from the iron mining nearby. Pretty neat.
No. I hate beaches, water, bodies of water with beaches, being wet, sand, and being wet around sand.

Flipflat said:
So if you untie the front that cuff folds down and you have neck protection?
Nah, it's just a band you pull down over your ears. That one looks like you don't even have to pull it down.

C'mon guys, those hats would get you mugged as an easy mark in the wrong neighborhoods in Memphis.

Anyway, a buddy saw Cam bomb and says the plastic is "pretty amazing" but still no word on a release date??

7ontheline said:
C'mon guys, those hats would get you mugged as an easy mark in the wrong neighborhoods in Memphis.

Anyway, a buddy saw Cam bomb and says the plastic is "pretty amazing" but still no word on a release date??
Why would we derail a thread about Prodigy discs to talk about Yooper hats? Easy, we actually know something about Yooper hats. :p

I can't guarantee that you'd get beaten up here for wearing a hat like that but you might for wearing something so ...i'll be polite and let you insert a suitable adjective :)

Floyd R. Turbo perhaps picked up for Prodigy because of his hat or cool name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXDN3Scsls

R.I.P. Floyd.

Ironwood is only something like 30 miles from Highbridge. You could hit up some great disc golf AND get a Yooper hat all in one trip.

The wife won't let me take any discs with me up when we go visit her family up there. I did get to take her grandfather's boat out on Lake Superior and go to some cool island nature preserve when I was up there this last summer.

Jerbob said:

looks like it's Two Rivers Park in Nashville. If that's the case, it's ok, no one ever goes there. :lol: (note: sarcasm about it being ok, not sarcasm about no one going there)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=376#

Frank Delicious said:
The wife won't let me take any discs with me up when we go visit her family up there. I did get to take her grandfather's boat out on Lake Superior and go to some cool island nature preserve when I was up there this last summer.

My wife is the opposite but still mean. She let's me bring discs to Mexico when we go visit her family. the nearest course to her city is 10 hours by bus...