• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Prodigy

turso said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7NF38BqCTU

The intro is nice. Too bad they don't say which discs they are throwing so we can see for ourselves.

dgdave said:
The D1 is a thing of beauty....D1 will immediately be one of my favorite...D1 went further...D1 will be an instant hit...

Interesting, D1 is the over-stable driver, right? I would have thought the D3 or D4 would be max distance (since you can turn them over).

Yeah, almost every one of them sounds interesting. Especially the fact that you can get them in sub 160 weights without gimmicky plastic.

JHern said:
dgdave said:
The D1 is a thing of beauty....D1 will immediately be one of my favorite...D1 went further...D1 will be an instant hit...

Interesting, D1 is the over-stable driver, right? I would have thought the D3 or D4 would be max distance (since you can turn them over).

BigJerm's words

Um well the plastic looks good and um they show some people throwing nice shots and um well um.
I'm not trying to be picky but all of these Prodigy videos have been hard to watch because of people saying um and uh constantly, they need to write a script or do multiple takes.
On the plus side the discs look soft like jelly plastic but they didn't sound squishy when they hit together.

chainsmoker said:
Um well the plastic looks good and um they show some people throwing nice shots and um well um.
I'm not trying to be picky but all of these Prodigy videos have been hard to watch because of people saying um and uh constantly, they need to write a script or do multiple takes.
On the plus side the discs look soft like jelly plastic but they didn't sound squishy when they hit together.

it's like they just grabbed a camera and thought what the hell? why not? they don't seem to be doing themselves any favors, but it seems like people are eating it up.

Yeah I probably sound like a jerk but they have to be spending a lot of money and companies need to establish themselves early. It seems like the players just want to promote the discs and the company isn't ready yet. I know it's early but I thought the Prodigy launch would include a flashy website with tons of videos, pictures, specs, plastics etc etc.

chainsmoker said:
Yeah I probably sound like a jerk but they have to be spending a lot of money and companies need to establish themselves early. It seems like the players just want to promote the discs and the company isn't ready yet. I know it's early but I thought the Prodigy launch would include a flashy website with tons of videos, pictures, specs, plastics etc etc.

I'm with ya. I get how they're all excited, but I'm hoping Prodigy tells them to tone it down a little bit with the "amateur" videography...
They are sitting on this mountain of opportunity right now, but it has a shelf life of time and patience.

Even with the limited disc selection to begin, Prodigy has a lot of interesting sales angles and their pros could be pitching it better. For one thing, the 4 drivers they released all have the same exact rims. This is a good thing for consistency, because you can tune your grip and release to the same rim, and simply change up the disc to get a different flight pattern. But of course, this kind of advantage is only realized if you fill your bag with prodigy drivers. That's a great sales hook, and they could definitely use it to their advantage. But everyone is fumbling that so far.

Maybe I want a teal D2 instead... good luck Dave. Can't wait to see your throwing video or perhaps you could send out some testers so others here might leave a review.

first impression:
Destroyer
Boss
Katana
Vulcan

Dave that is super sexy and you gotta let me know when you start selling Prodigy. I'll pick up a couple from you.

The local Prodigy pro brought his new plastic out to test today. I couldn't make it but I think several others did. My buddy who can bomb over 500' texted me "they go super far, Destroyer like".

Hope you all do well!!

Latest posts