• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf pros are nerds !! Quit trying to act otherwise....

discrat

i am sorry I found it hilarious about how some of the Top Pros at USDGC were going around talking about beer chugging and putting people under the table with their beer guzzling abilties.

Pleeeeezzee !!! Most of these pro peeps talking, including a girl, are dorks who are really trying to be cool. But they fail miserably in doing so. All you have to do is look at these goofy looking people on the course. Exception might be Climo and Avery.

Plus, discussing these kind of social endeavours in a public forum like the PDGA doesnt do any good in furthering the reputation of Disc Golf as being a legitimate and worthy sport. It is a sad commentary when the Top Pros in our sport are talking about getting sh*tfaced and how they can out drink some of their pros counterparts at our biggest National Event. (Cup flipping or whatever the h#ll they call it.)
Come on guys just stick to mastering the throw of that little thing called a frisbee. You have spent countles upon countless of hours learning this trade just to be a Pro. So dont go ruining it by wasting valuable time in a quick desperate attempt to try to fit in and be cool .When you are so obviously
NOT !! I :lol:

I love Disc Golf but personally I just dont hang around many disc golfers to party with. Mainly because most are hippie nerds or others who are too awkward and too unattractive human beings to have fun with in a social setting !! This would include most of the so called "party animal" Pros at the
USDGC :shock:

Sorry if this sounds antagonistic but its just my own personal feelings. This being from a big DG player and a fan. So take it as you want it :)

discrat said:
Most of these pro peeps talking, including a girl, are dorks who are really trying to be cool. But they fail miserably in doing so.

For what it's worth, I think you are doing a super job at it!

Jaysus said:
discrat said:
Most of these pro peeps talking, including a girl, are dorks who are really trying to be cool. But they fail miserably in doing so.

For what it's worth, I think you are doing a super job at it!

Snap, son.

owned.gif

Can everyone just make a note about how cool discrat is?

That way we'll know what to say in case anyone asks.

Disc pros may not be the coolest people around but I hope your not a NBA, NFL or MLB sports fan because I see a lot of their top pros in the headlines of national papers or TV (not their sports forum) for being at strip clubs, dog fights, drunk driving, using roids or shot. Those sound like some good people to be around too. But maybe that is cool and I'm old fashioned. Anyway, I don't see a decrease in the popularity of those sports. It's glorified.

Also, discers are throwing discs, not frisbees. Also, I don't think your common sports fan is checking out the PDGA forum and reading up on their top pro. Anyway, I had to toss my two cents in on this.

domromer said:
I agree with some points, but what drove you to say all this?

Some chick went home with Scott Papa at USDGC instead of him :twisted:

"Just sticking" to disc golf is how you get burned out on it. Doing it day in and day out, without letting loose would make it lose it's fun and start turning into a routine. Disc golf is a sport, yes some make money on it, but that doesn't mean that you can't have fun. So what if people have a few beers in their offtime. I don't know many people who don't partake in a little drinking. As for drinking games, or drinking someone under then table. So what, they are making conversation with friends. I actually like the loose atmosphere , being around a bunch of uptight and conservative people would totally throw me off.

discrat said:
i am sorry I found it hilarious about how some of the Top Pros at USDGC were going around talking about beer chugging and putting people under the table with their beer guzzling abilties.

Pleeeeezzee !!! Most of these pro peeps talking, including a girl, are dorks who are really trying to be cool. But they fail miserably in doing so. All you have to do is look at these goofy looking people on the course. Exception might be Climo and Avery.

Plus, discussing these kind of social endeavours in a public forum like the PDGA doesnt do any good in furthering the reputation of Disc Golf as being a legitimate and worthy sport. It is a sad commentary when the Top Pros in our sport are talking about getting sh*tfaced and how they can out drink some of their pros counterparts at our biggest National Event. (Cup flipping or whatever the h#ll they call it.)
Come on guys just stick to mastering the throw of that little thing called a frisbee. You have spent countles upon countless of hours learning this trade just to be a Pro. So dont go ruining it by wasting valuable time in a quick desperate attempt to try to fit in and be cool .When you are so obviously
NOT !! I :lol:

I love Disc Golf but personally I just dont hang around many disc golfers to party with. Mainly because most are hippie nerds or others who are too awkward and too unattractive human beings to have fun with in a social setting !! This would include most of the so called "party animal" Pros at the
USDGC :shock:

Sorry if this sounds antagonistic but its just my own personal feelings. This being from a big DG player and a fan. So take it as you want it :)
What are you? A twelve year old?! Who are you to say who is cool, and who isn't? Coolness comes from perspective. You fail.
dunce.gif

Thanks though, for giving me a reason to post these.
1163969496retardalerthosr3.gif

FAIL-cat-I-sense-fail.jpg

penn_jillette.gif

dawsonfail.jpg

Chuck-norris-youre-a-fag.gif

gotrythis.jpg

You-Are-Not_Special.jpg

punch.jpg

fail~2.gif

gtfo.jpg

And furthermore,

banbucket.jpg

Also, you contradicted yourself in your post, and need to learn how to spell.

Man I hope this thread gets deleted, what a feg. Come on admins!
The_Villagers.gif

ionono.gif

This guy just wanted us all to know he was at the USDGC.
Probably one of those guys in the background with the crossed arms and 'pouty' face 'cause he couldn't play. :cry:

Lmao at the dialog.^^^ Borg's should have said "oh snap son!" :lol:

These guys and their cheesy smiles, having fun, those guys are way too nerdy to drink or guzzle beer.

I can't get over this cat's stupidity.(op) Who the hell associates beer drinking with trying to be cool?

I'll say it again. What a feg. :roll:

I was going to delete this thread, but those images Ank posted are far too priceless to remove! I laughed my ass off when I saw them! Great stuff!!!!!!

I like playing with Pro's a lot more then I do advanced players. Most advanced players are assholes, and want to talk nothing but disc when playing. Pros talk about all sorts of stuff. Probably why they are so good cause they keep their mind relaxed.

Only couple reasons I still play advanced is Funds, and I don't think my skill level is quite there yet for pro competition.

Latest posts